homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Mysteries of everyday objects

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mysteries of everyday objects
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2005 17:04      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have one of those remote locking blipper thingys for your car, and you are out of range, try putting the blipper against your forehead before pressing it. This increases the range at which it works quite dramatically. I imagine that it must be because the ectoplasmic blippinis generated by the blipper reflect off the back of your skull, which concentrates them like a torch beam, but (as you can probably tell) I don't really know. It might be the geeky neuron circuits in your brain reacting to and reinforcing the silicon in the blipper. Or maybe it's mechanical ESP or magic...

But it works.

Do you have any tricks which reveal hidden powers in everyday objects, together with a totally inadequate explanation for the aforesaid phenomena?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
serishema
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4481

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2005 17:14      Profile for serishema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This only used to happen when I was quite young.

But I often found that when listening to the radio, if the reception was bad i'd move around the room, until if I was standing in a cirtain place the signal became clear and then I'd sit down and listen to it. This was a stereo tuner and not a portable unit. I have no idea why changing my position in the room would make it work sometimes, but it did.

Posts: 42 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture