homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » A very special day.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A very special day.
Vlad
Newbie Larva
Member # 4473

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted October 12, 2005 17:44      Profile for Vlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself to the website I recently discovered.

Here are some of the things that make me a "geek":

-I am the computer officer of my schools Math Club(National Math Honor Society)
-I am in my schools AP Java class
-I am the tech reviewer for my schools newspaper
-I have never had a girlfriend
-My current calculated gpa is a 3.7
-Sarah Lane sickens me
-Kevin Pereirra (however his name is spelled) is my hereo
-I spend most of my time on the computer
-I have about 10 friends on aim(never use it though)

Posts: 6 | From: Milwaukee | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2005 17:49      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Sarah Lane? [shake head]

Welcome to GC!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vlad
Newbie Larva
Member # 4473

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2005 17:54      Profile for Vlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is the co-co-host of the, "Attack of The Show" on G4.
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2005 18:13      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, c'mon. Geeks can so have girlfriend/boyfriends! Heh, in any case you are only in 11th or 10th grade, and I didn't have anyone until 12th. Anyway, you seem to be a geek. I have more than 10 friends on AIM, and why would a true computer guy use AIM anyway. You have to break free of those evil bonds and use Gaim.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2005 18:35      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the conception that tends to piss me off...

AIM is a protocol ... or rather, oscar is, but I assume he means the protocal and not the problem since he is refering to a buddy list and not a program.

Gaim is an application that connects to that protocol (and a few others but you get the point.)

Why that pisses me off? It's anyone's guess.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled welcome wagon.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 12, 2005 22:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Vlad! Welcome! [Smile]
Posts: 8162 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 14:45      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
This is the conception that tends to piss me off...

AIM is a protocol ... or rather, oscar is, but I assume he means the protocal and not the problem since he is refering to a buddy list and not a program.

Gaim is an application that connects to that protocol (and a few others but you get the point.)

Why that pisses me off? It's anyone's guess.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled welcome wagon.

Bah. Who cares if it pisses you off? You're absolutely right.

Welcome, Vlad.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 14:49      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Vlad. Welcome to GC Forums. Stick around, have some fun and post often.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Vlad
Newbie Larva
Member # 4473

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 15:07      Profile for Vlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the warm welcomes.
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 15:39      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Milwaukee:

Home of the largest Irish Fest

on the planet! [Applause] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 17:13      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me raises his glass to Taco!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9344 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2005 22:07      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irish fest is a small one, even if it is the largest Irish Festival in the world's largest. Remember that we have the biggest parties celibrating:
German culture (and just got the World record for cooking the world's largest brat), Polish culture and a few more...

We have:
Indian Summer, German Fest, African World Festival, Festa Italiano (my bad spelling, not theirs), Mexician Feista (my bad spelling not theres), River Splash, Jazz in the Park, Bastile Days, Marintine Days, and many others....

not to mention a little thing known as Summer Fest... The world largest music festival. It pulls in a huge crowd (last two years they have purposfully stayed away from popular artists to avoid crowd control issue, and are bringing back older bands so the crowd they attract makes more money than the average teen ... Partly a mistake, because the music selection was a lot better when they had a little of everything... And I miss ComedySportz (started here, and other ComedySportz bars opened up in other areas) showing up, now I'm forced to go to ComedySportz bar to see them perform).

Oh, and we have a really cool stadium for a team that hasn't produced anything in far too long.

We also have a top shelf American Orchestra, the MSO, which has made national news a number of times... Recent memory:
- First american orchestra to perform in Cuba in years
- World premiere of Philip Glass piece (written for our new wing of the Miluwakee Art Mussem and the scooner) -- I personally didn't like it, but I don't like Glass much.
- World premiere of Daniel Schneider's "Revalation of St.John" -- Schnieder's a really down to earth guy to talk to

Someone else from Milwaukee!? Cool.

Hey, Coffee and company are from Wasa, Wi -- no?

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 08:05      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome dude. Have a fun time here.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 14, 2005 08:43      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard. [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
agbullett
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4426

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 24, 2005 12:34      Profile for agbullett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vlad-
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a wonderful time talking with this group. I have only been here a short time and have already made a couple new friends.
Never appologize for studing hard. Students like you will be the ones who can afford to hire those in your clas with a much lower gpa. Trust me!This world is run by geeks.
Girl friends will come very soon! Be patient, but done be affraid to ask the girls out. Many of them are also insecure and waiting to be asked.

Posts: 11 | From: 38012 Brownsville, TN | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 13:53      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, boycot G4 for what they did to the beloved Tech TV.

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2005 15:35      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow the title makes me think of the short "Special Night," found here:
http://www.interpolnyc.com/video_shortFilms.php

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9344 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture