homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » New York, New York! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: New York, New York!
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 11:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Okay. you almost have me convinced to at least go play with them. I'll have to think on it.

Sorry to threadjack your thread, Tom. But hey, maybe I'll be coming to NYC sooner than I expected?!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 14:38      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BW:
Skewed angle? Where I come from, we call this a vertical picture. Captures the towers better.

Rhonie:
No problem about the threadjacking.. nevermind..
If you really do happen to come to NYC before September 26th send me a PM by all means!

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 14:44      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, you're going home before the end of September? But you just got here! I can't go to NYC before the last weekend in September. [Frown]

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 14:56      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's kind of a short stay..
I would have loved to come earlier, but my sister and her husband were in Vienna visiting us, so I couldn't be in New York earlier. I flew to NYC one week after they left..
And I have to leave before October because University starts in October..
I really would love to stay longer...

Damn, it's really bad you can't come earlier.
Really.
But I'll be in NYC again for sure, might take a couple of months, but I'll get there again!

Thomas

--------------------

Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 14:58      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wait, you're going home before the end of September? But you just got here! I can't go to NYC before the last weekend in September.
Ah the obstacles romance throws us.... [hearts]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 15:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly girl, you know he's too young for me. Probably too cute, too. [Razz] I just wanted to hear his accent.... You know I'm a sucker for foreign accents. [Wink]

Actually, Tom, you do sound like you'd be fun to hang out with even if you're closer to my younger sisters' ages.

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 15:30      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah the obstacles romance throws us....

.. o.O

-.-
LOL. You know, I am neither a friend of LDR's, nor of relationships with a 7 year age difference. At least at my current age.
The difference between 18 and 25 right now is significant, while it begins to shrink the older you get.

Anyways:
Rhonie- Spending time with you would be really fun I'd say. And it doesn't mean that whenever a boy and a girl spend time together, that they'll get into anything romantic.
BUT- I am not too sweet for you. Why should I? You surely are dynamite.

We'll get our chances to hear each other speaking for sure, maybe not this time.

Thomas

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 16:03      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Be still my beating heart! [Big Grin]

Once you decide to romance a girl, Tom, she better beware 'cause you certainly know what to say! [Wink]

/me wracks her brain to find laws forbidding online flirtation with 18-year old foreigners.

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 16:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the OT... [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 16:52      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OT? Overtime or Old Testament? Can you tell how clueless I am 'bout your comment, dman? [crazy]

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted September 13, 2005 19:10      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Once you decide to romance a girl, Tom, she better beware 'cause you certainly know what to say
[hearts]
Thank you [Big Grin]
But it takes two to tango [Wink]

Thomas

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 19:26      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh, get a room, you two [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 19:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with guys on here? First people urged csk and me to get a room, now it's Tom and me. At least now I know that I can verbally flirt (albeit unintentionally most times), but whether that's a good thing or not I couldn't tell ya.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 19:34      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
What is it with guys on here? First people urged csk and me to get a room, now it's Tom and me.

That's why I did it, I was going for ironic. Besides, the [Wink] was to indicate it was all in good fun.

I thought you were anti-flirting anyway, Rhon?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 19:35      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What is it with guys on here?

er...uh... Rhon? It doesn't appear there's a problem with the guys on GC. Just one certain female  -
I can't imagine who...  -
can you?  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 19:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhon: Old Testament, of course. Didn't you once imply there was something unholy about flirting, or something kind of wacky like that? Ya know...the Bible only allows x, y, or z to happy, but not q? [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 21:12      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
What is it with guys on here? First people urged csk and me to get a room, now it's Tom and me.

That's why I did it, I was going for ironic. Besides, the [Wink] was to indicate it was all in good fun.

I thought you were anti-flirting anyway, Rhon?

I know you were being silly there, csk. I was being silly too.

As far as agreeing with it or not, I have no idea. I'm definitely not cool with gross crudity, but fun kidding back and forth like Tom and I have been doing in all innocence is okay. I don't think we've crossed any lines. (If we took csk's advice, though, we definitely would be!)

Am I normally like this? Definitely not. Too many bad experiences with guys totally dissing me based on my appearance. You guys are intelligent, though, and it's fun to use words with y'all.

Clear as mud?

Oh! Look at that skyscraper. Isn't it a beaut?

/me whistles innocently

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 21:43      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As far as agreeing with it or not, I have no idea. I'm definitely not cool with gross crudity, but fun kidding back and forth like Tom and I have been doing in all innocence is okay. I don't think we've crossed any lines.

OK, makes sense.

quote:
If we took csk's advice, though, we definitely would be!
Hmm, but if you were to (hypothetically) take the innoncent flirting to, say, PMs, that wouldn't be intrinsically wrong? Although I guess it could be more tempting to invoke gross crudity under those circumstances?

quote:
Am I normally like this? Definitely not. Too many bad experiences with guys totally dissing me based on my appearance. You guys are intelligent, though, and it's fun to use words with y'all.
Makes perfect sense to me. Man, if only I was as good at real life flirting as I am at Internet flirting when I put my mind to it...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 21:53      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm definitely not cool with gross crudity

Ew, neither am I!
Is there anything worse than a tray full of rubbery zucchini, brown broccoli, and mushy grape tomatoes? [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2005 22:23      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessy, you're a girl after my own heart! Do you know how much I itched to type "crudite" instead of "crudity"?! [Wink]

--------------------

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2005 01:05      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:
quote:
I'm definitely not cool with gross crudity

Ew, neither am I!
Is there anything worse than a tray full of rubbery zucchini, brown broccoli, and mushy grape tomatoes? [Wink] [Razz]

Nothing you can't fix with some Garlic Head sauce [Big Grin]
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2005 04:59      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just some sweet-talkin', nothing serious guys and gals.

I guess you're all just jealous, heheeh [Wink]

Thomas

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 11:03      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me necroposts

So, September 22nd, my bus got into NY late, and went to Port Authority. (I specifically checked that the destination was listed as Penn Station when I bought the ticket, but whatever.) Jessycat came up to meet me and we dropped my bags at her workplace. Then we headed up to the Intrepid and met up with Tom-geeking around.

Tom and Jessycat on the main deck:
 -

Tom and I on the main deck:
 -

Jessycat and I in front of the Blackbird:
 -

Group photo in front of the Blackbird:
 -

After showing us around, Tom had to do some work, so Jessycat and I wandered around for a while. We saw the Concord and met Tom's harem of girls who work there. Afterward we all stopped and got dog tags at the booth outside the Intrepid and walked up to a nearby diner for lunch. Much fun was had by all.

There are more pics that I will upload to Flickr later.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 18:19      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!

Thanks firesnake for providing the pictures and writing the text.
My freaking camera-battery died, because I had it connected to my computer overnight *slaps head*..
Damn..

Anyways, it was really nice to meet you two ladies!
I hope you had a good time.
Hopefully, we can do that again sometime!

thomas

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2005 18:31      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow hot p1xx0rz and hot ch1xx0rz! Yeah, you scrub up alright too, Tom [Wink] . Sounds like good fun was had by all!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture