homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Report from Xmas AM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Report from Xmas AM
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 25, 2004 09:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*groan* Christmas-morning-ate-too-much-chocolate-for-breakfast stummy ache. *groan* [tired]

NitroKitty loves the Mighty Marty cat toy that SnaggyMom got her.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
OffroadGirl
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3090

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2004 13:40      Profile for OffroadGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I scored two copies of "America: The Book" and each of the gift givers knows about the other. What to do?

On a side note, that book is FUNNAY!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 11 | From: Westminster, CO USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2004 13:55      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an acoustic guitar, which makes me a happy guy.

Just finished Christmas dinner. So full.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2004 14:48      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tallied up some really good stuff...there's an "America: The Book" under my tree, as well, and a 20 gig iPod! w00t w00t!
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2004 14:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the flu [Frown]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2004 15:09      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a rock.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted December 25, 2004 15:12      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that TFD

What a bummer - 'flu is nasty - I have had it a couple of times and it is NOT just a really bad cold...

Hope you feel better soon and have a good 2005

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 25, 2004 16:25      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My tally of goodies included:

New CD player for the car (nice), LOTR RoTK extended collectors' set (got all 3 collectors' now - excellent), book entitled "How to be Idle" that looks like one of those humourous books that is actually filled with idle historic trivia and therefore good fun reading, a bottle of Southern Comfort (appreciated muchly) and a promissory note from my SO (too rude to repeat here... [Smile] ) - plus the usual grooming prods, a couple of shirt/jackets (you know the sort of quilted "lumberjack" jobbies)

I must admit to having one of the best Christmas Days for many years...

Watching Danielle (4yrs) rip open a huge pile of gifts from all and sundry was a treat... Can't beat the way a kiddie's eyes light up - and they do come out with some killer lines too... How spoiled was she? VERY! Gifts included a VTech kiddie gaming console, Gameboy Advance (?) with games, talking, weeing, crying, etc., dolls... and some nice books and DVDs

Baby Ruth got the usual array of softies, some clothes and a few cloth/board books plus a really nice VTech sound and light table...

The meal went well, cooked it just right with no timing panics this year. Not turkey lovers here so had a big chicken and made sure (for once) not to do too much of the veggies... Steamed the sprouts, cabbage, leeks, cauli, broccoli over a lovely rich stock (which also goes into the gravy). Roasted some parsnips, potatoes, leeks and carrots. Loads of sorts of veg but only a tiny amount of each per person. Got it on table as planned at 3pm (that's about normal for me on Xmas) and everyone had enough and not too much and topped it off with a nice bottle of cheap *method champagne"- a triumph even if if I do say so myself!

About half the chicken is
left for tomorrow's cold meat platter... Should be nice with the ham, cold beef and various pickles I've got prepared...

Ho ho ho....

Hope everyone had as good a holiday as they hoped for... And a HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance...

[Smile]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 25, 2004 17:58      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

I woke up to lots of funny tshirts, including the general favorite: a chipmonk with a baseball bat guarding a pile of peanuts with the caption "Protect your nuts!"

Also some money and some cool CDs (Clapton and the Eagles)

^__^

Also, I leave for Texas tomorrow to visit with my sister and her family.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 25, 2004 20:57      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, yup. Lots of techie stuff showin' up on this board.

My two teenaged sons and I got paintball sets for Christmas from my wife and oldest daughter (who got one for her husband). There are some sore butt cheeks in the neighborhood this evening.

Dang that was fun!

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted December 25, 2004 21:02      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I got the flu [Frown]

My whole family is sick atm, heh. Misery loves company.

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture