homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Halo2 nerds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halo2 nerds
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 08, 2004 20:42      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I'm sure many of you are all geeked about Halo2 but some people are a little too geeked. Today at the the Best Buy I'm working at a guy set up a folding chair outside at 4 pm with a cardboard flag that says "Halo2 - 1st in line!". He also had a baseball cap with a strip of masking tape across it that said "Halo2". The store re-opens at midnight to sell the game. I left at 9 pm and there was a total of 5 very nerdy guys out in the cold waiting to pick it up at midnight. There is a huge stock of this game at the store and it will probably not sell out until the end of the week. Not to mention every other retail store that is selling it.

I wanted to go out and sell them a phone card so they could call their mom to pick them up after they buy their copy [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2004 22:56      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is something about Halo 2, isn't there. Of course, it also attracts non traditional computer game playing people, too (See here )

A friend of mine who's got an XBox and is a Halo freak was taking today off work as a "sickie" (ie sick day). That's just too sad, IMHO [shake head]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 09, 2004 02:46      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, there's a game coming out today? I didn't even realize, I'm looking a week forward. [Wink]
Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2004 07:12      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that the game store was open on my way to work. They had special tape up to guide Halo 2 fans straight to the register.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
californiarockr
Assimilated
Member # 1986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2004 07:22      Profile for californiarockr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im more excited about GTA SA, but I dont own any of them. too poor right now

--------------------
lol

Posts: 361 | From: guess... :/ | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2004 08:14      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been playing GTA SA, on rental, and now I think I'm going to have buy it. I really prefer stealing cars and killing people, in the games I play too. [Wink]

Everyone that I've talked to at my college who has been playing Halo 2 has been the typical jock-type guy, not one geek amongst them. (Very reminiscent of the recent Penny Arcade comic...hope its okay that I mentioned it here!) I don't have an XBox so it doesn't really matter anyway. [ohwell]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
R0x0r_G0dd3ss
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3041

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 16, 2004 17:58      Profile for R0x0r_G0dd3ss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well...heh. I don't know, I just had one of my minions stand there for me. He was picking his up that day, so I asked him to pick mine up, too. It's great being a girl sometimes. ^_^

--------------------
Ph33r my l337 n3kk1d skillz!!!

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 20:54      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's great being a n3kk1d girl too... you could go even further...

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2004 21:13      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
It's great being a n3kk1d girl too... you could go even further...

But not quite as far as a nekk1d girl with beer.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 16:32      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ppl are stupid. its much easier to just go to ure local gamestop or circuit city and reserve the freaking thing. no lines. and your guarenteed a copy. thats what i did.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
mongoose
Geek
Member # 1991

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 18:09      Profile for mongoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally played it yesterday at a friends house, I am waiting for the PC version to come out to buy a copy. I guess I'll be waiting a while. I think Halo the original was much better compared to what I have played of Halo 2. They ruined the assault rifle.

--------------------
"information superhighway" is just an anagram for "i'm on a huge wispy rhino fart". - www.bsd.org

Posts: 141 | From: There's a NEW Jersey? | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 18:25      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker:
Ppl are stupid. its much easier to just go to ure local gamestop or circuit city and reserve the freaking thing. no lines. and your guarenteed a copy. thats what i did.

did theye teech u tht in teh The Sixth Dimention ?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2004 20:40      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:
What, there's a game coming out today? I didn't even realize, I'm looking a week forward. [Wink]

Half-Life is the game I thought they were going to have at the LAN party I went to this past Saturday (my first), but it turned out I misheard... it was Halo 2. I don't have anything against it, but it really isn't as great as I've heard, and I don't see how anyone could ever develop an obsession over it. I preferred Wolfenstein:ET over it, but I had trouble differentiating between my enemy and my ally. Some of the guys playing were getting mad at me - "God, whomever 'MicHaven' is: quit torching me!" [blush] [Confused]
Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 23, 2004 16:28      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

Na, i got it out of ure stupid head.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 04:46      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the few times I've played Halo at LAN parties (I don't actually own it myself) the people there came to a consensus that Halo 1 was better. Well, the person who was most vocal about it didn't like Halo 2 because he thought the levels were too dark, too cramped, and too complicated to get around in. I think he was just complaining because he hadn't memorized the level layout yet [Wink]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 06:26      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do know the layout in H1, and it does help, but i also like how they expanded H2, so you can see more, but yes it is confusing, but then i havent beatin it 5 times yet:)

on the dark, no comment, there are places in H1 that are bad in lighting too.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 14:53      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played the French leak of Halo 2, and finished the game before it was out in the US...so I suppose I got over the whole "IT'S SO COOL WHOA" geekout before most people even started.
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 15:13      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno...I played the leaked beta of Half-Life 2, and it only compounded my appetite...

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 15:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

Na, i got it out of ure stupid head.
I ph34r ur language skillz.

No, seriously, I do. I mean, if i waa in a building and you started to shout "d00d...there's l1k3 a f1r3. 5l34 |\|0\/\/!11!" -- I might be in trouble if I didn't understand it quickly enough. Then again, I'd probably smell the smoke, and just walk by in a fast, controlled manner [Razz] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture