homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Look out your window... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Look out your window...
PrairieGeek
Newbie Larva
Member # 2619

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2004 19:56      Profile for PrairieGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and tell me if your weather is doing anything crazy. We've had a nasty thunderstorm sitting on our town for the past hour or so. Flash flooding has started up in some parts of town, and my wife and I are sitting around reading web forums. TV keeps cutting out, but at least the DSL still works. So how's the weather where you are?
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2004 20:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Improving.

Kinda stormy and rainy during the day though.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2004 21:49      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot and sunny. Oddly though, the sun doesn't set until 23:11.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2004 21:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Sunset at 23:11 ?
Is that including the wind-chill factor ? [Wink]

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2004 22:40      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

Sunset at 23:11 ?
Is that including the wind-chill factor ? [Wink]

No, but it does include DST.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
PrairieGeek
Newbie Larva
Member # 2619

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 06:10      Profile for PrairieGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the sun setting at 23:11 it sounds like you could do without DST and still have plenty of D to go around!
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 07:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rain, thunder, lightning for the past four days. I saw some guy outside building a huge boat muttering something about "What's a cubit?" [Smile]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 14:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno about weather - 'tis quite nice over here in England right now [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flashfire
Assimilated
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 15:13      Profile for Flashfire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's sunny and windy over here, but a few days ago the weather went completely bipolar on us...I think it forgot to take its medication, or something.

Funnel clouds in Tacoma...run for your lives!

Hrm...maybe it was just a giant promotional stunt for The Day After Tomorrow...

--------------------
"No silicon heaven? That's absurd!
Where would all the calculators go?"
--Kryten, Red Dwarf
-------------------------------
My Web Comic: NSTA: Semper Vigilantis

Posts: 368 | From: State of Denial | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 18:02      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flashfire:

Funnel clouds in Tacoma...run for your lives!

What. The. Fuck???

Sunny and windy as hell. I went for a ride this morning and almsot got blown back up a hill I was trying to go down!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PrairieGeek
Newbie Larva
Member # 2619

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 18:54      Profile for PrairieGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more T-storms tonight. Just rain rain rain. And another flood warning. I hope my laptop floats.

/grabs a towell

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2004 19:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunny and 18C (65F) here today, which is unseasonably warm for the last day of Autumn.

/me wishes it would rain, bloody drought looks like it will never break, another El Niño year coming up.....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

stimpy
Newbie Larva
Member # 2356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 09:32      Profile for stimpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
Rain, thunder, lightning for the past four days. I saw some guy outside building a huge boat muttering something about "What's a cubit?" [Smile]

Riiiight.... [Wink]
Posts: 5 | From: Jackson, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
smallerdemon
Geek
Member # 635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 10:40      Profile for smallerdemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it IS doing something weird here. It's fucking sunny and warm. In the Sunset District of San Francisco! It's supposed to be foggy, damp, windy and chilly! WHAT HAVE WE WROUGHT? Whatta world... whatta world...

--------------------
That's using your brainium!

Posts: 214 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
SkyLady
Geek Larva
Member # 2057

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 14:08      Profile for SkyLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cold - the temperature is forcast to get to double figures today (celcius that is) but whether or not it'll get there remains to be seen, with a gale force wind warning - nothing unusual about that for this time of year. [shake head]
Posts: 21 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 15:41      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night was the worst. There were reports of up to 10 tornados touching down in my area. Hail, lots of high speed wind and buckets and buckets of rain. The power was out for 10 hours. This morning there were a lot of broken limbs from trees and several were uprooted from the ground! [Eek!] A huge ball of lightning hit close to the house. When I say ball, I mean that. I didn't see a streak coming from the sky, just an explosion of light that looked like a star going nova, with a incredible window shaking clap of thunder afterwards. Kerry was really shook up, but we managed to survive and didn't really get the worst of it. [Smile]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 17:06      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me looks out window.

/me is blinded by giant orange ball of fire.

/me quickly shuts shades and goes back to debugging.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 18:39      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
/me looks out window.

/me is blinded by giant orange ball of fire.

/me quickly shuts shades and goes back to debugging.

Hehe, for a minute there I thought you meant the Eye of Sauron.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 19:28      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says I didn't?
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
PrairieGeek
Newbie Larva
Member # 2619

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2004 19:52      Profile for PrairieGeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, no ball lightning here, fortunately. One of our neighbors had a tree split in half and block his driveway. Another had a tree fall and block her front door. Her cat didn't seem to mind.
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2004 00:17      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our official weather forcast per the weather man on channel seven said "Well, it seems as if it will be kind of hot this weekend...Maybe cold though..."

/me looks outside

/me runs away frantically screaming WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2004 12:06      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been beautifull here for the past few days. Which brings up the question.
WHY THE HECK DO I HAVE A HUGE HEAD COLD?!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2004 15:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday was the first day of Winter here, and we had our maximum temperature for the day at 10 PM, that's fairly unusual.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2004 15:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yesterday was the first day of Winter here, and we had our maximum temperature for the day at 10 PM, that's fairly unusual.

WINTER? WTF? Next you'll be telling us you live on the other side of the world [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2004 15:43      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

WINTER? WTF? Next you'll be telling us you live on the other side of the world [Roll Eyes]
No, you live on the other side of the world, and in Yesterday to boot ! [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture