homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » Ratings (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Ratings
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 11:02      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For your bleeding ears. I figured you might want to clean them up a bit. [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by d3m057h3n35:

d/dx[|ƒ(x)dx] hmmmmmmm....

Er, doesn't taking the derivative of an integral just leave you with f(x)?

OMG, I am such a nerd...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 11:07      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by d3m057h3n35:
OMG, I am such a nerd...

Ummm, yup, sorry to say it, but, 'fraid so Demo... Ne'mind, your pals at GC still love you...
[Wink] I think... [evil]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 11:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
Gaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!
My ears are bleeding...

For what it's worth, I gave both DM *and* X a 5 star rating a very long time ago, because I figure that, if we were ever to meet IRL, we'd probably get along just fine. Illogical Captain? Yup. So who gives a phuq anyway?

Sticks and stones, etc...

Afterthought: My biggest problem with the GC ratings system is that it's not possible to go back and change the ratings you've given.

Yeah, what do you know - I gave Xanthine a 5 a long, long time ago for similar reasons [Smile] . Probably one of the first people I rated, actually. Oh, wait, I was going to say that I gave you a 5 a good while ago for similar reasons, wasn't I? [Razz] . Yeah, that's what I was about to say [Smile] .

Sorry - whoo, that was some *good* coffee.

And yes, the UBB rating system is indeed a good bit flawed. I'm pretty cautious about how I give ratings, though. I've mostly given 5s, and only to people I've seen around here for a good while, and who I've come to respect a good bit, w.r.t. their posts and/or personality (they can be mutually exclusive amongst a few of our fine members [Smile] ). And what do you know, I've met a few of the folks I've given 5s to, and they are indeed great people [Big Grin] .

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 11:30      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
Gaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!
My ears are bleeding...

For what it's worth, I gave both DM *and* X a 5 star rating a very long time ago, because I figure that, if we were ever to meet IRL, we'd probably get along just fine. Illogical Captain? Yup. So who gives a phuq anyway?

Sticks and stones, etc...

Afterthought: My biggest problem with the GC ratings system is that it's not possible to go back and change the ratings you've given.

Yeah, what do you know - I gave Xanthine a 5 a long, long time ago for similar reasons [Smile] . Probably one of the first people I rated, actually. Oh, wait, I was going to say that I gave you a 5 a good while ago for similar reasons, wasn't I? [Razz] . Yeah, that's what I was about to say [Smile] .

Sorry - whoo, that was some *good* coffee.

And yes, the UBB rating system is indeed a good bit flawed. I'm pretty cautious about how I give ratings, though. I've mostly given 5s, and only to people I've seen around here for a good while, and who I've come to respect a good bit, w.r.t. their posts and/or personality (they can be mutually exclusive amongst a few of our fine members [Smile] ). And what do you know, I've met a few of the folks I've given 5s to, and they are indeed great people [Big Grin] .

What can I say? [blush]
Nothing! So I won't.
Thank you and goodnight Vienna...
[tired]

Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 13:05      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't Vienna the name of Rigsby's cat in Rising Damp?
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2004 15:07      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
er, hey-U, d3m057h3n35 didn't call him/herself a nerd. The "OMG I am such a nerd!" was all me.

Back to my experiment...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2004 05:16      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A11an: I think you're right...
"Sorry I'm late, giant panda on the line at Tring"

X, Demo: oops, mea culpa, sorry folks, no offenc(s?)e intended...
[blush]

d3m057h3n35
Mini Geek
Member # 2378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2004 10:38      Profile for d3m057h3n35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, doesn't taking the derivative of an integral just leave you with f(x)?

indeed it does under most circumstances...i was ruminating on that. quite amazing.

oh yeah, i am such a nerd too!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture