homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Our stupid lives   » What are you listening to now? (Part III The Resurrection) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18 

Author Topic: What are you listening to now? (Part III The Resurrection)
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 19:20      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and!:

I Ran - Flock Of Seagulls

"With auburn hair and tawny eyes..."

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 19:46      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I agree..there will never be another...check out the Barcelona tune if you haven't already. It's awesome!

Yes, I need to expand my Queen collection, haven't got that one yet (Live at Wembley DVD is my next planned Queen purchase, for the surround sound and the video, since I already have it on CD). I was quite impressed with a snippet I heard with him singing an operatic duet with some female opera singer, too, on a Freddie Mercury TV special sometime. I'm also thinking of checking out the Freddie Mercury tribute concert DVD, which has Queen minus Freddie with a variety of guest singers.

Oh, what was the topic again? I'm not listening to anything at the moment, 'cause I'm working at a different site, and don't have access to the^H^H^H my MP3 collection at work. I've got a radio with me, maybe I should put that on. Hmm...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 19:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
Currently Metallica ...And Justice For All

Awesome album. Top 3, easily.

-WS

....and Metallica's last good album.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 19:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Recently played...
Evanescence - Going Under

Freaky, that was just playing at Oporto where I had lunch. Reminds me an awful lot of Linkin Park, for some reason.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 19:54      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
quote:

-WS

They certainly changed things a lot after that. I quite like some of the newer stuff, even though it's less complex than the older stuff (you can tell on S&M[1], the old songs sound much better when orchestrated). Mind you, that single they released off the latest album sounded bad, "hey let's try and imitate limp bizkit and linkin park, and we'll be kewl[2] again". Talk about lack of artistic integrity.

[1] If you're ever playing hangman using album/artist names, this is a great one to choose. Gets 'em every time.
[2] Intentionally misspelt for dramatic effect. Please don't flame me [Smile]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 20:09      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

-WS

Well, loaded, I mean Load... [blush] was not that bad. The Black album was really decent too.

I think I'll just post a short list , since I have stuff running all the time from my 350+ CD collection [Smile]

Of course, I am in a Ramones/Violent Femmes mood at the moment. So expect a bunch of their stuff soon [Smile]

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 20:27      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this thread from when I was still posting...

The String Quartet Tribute to the Smiths - How Soon is Now

and now that just ended and I'm listening to...

Fountains of Wayne - Utopia Parkway - 03 - Denise

I like that album a lot more than their new one, but the newer one is good too.

--------------------
that's it sir, you're leaving...the crackle of pig skin...the dust and the screaming...the yuppies networking
the panic...the vomit...the panic...the vomit
god loves his children...god loves his children...yeah

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 20:35      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Girlfriend - Talking

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 21:05      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nice to see this thread back [Smile]

Recently played...

Josh Groban - Canto Alla Vita
Josh Groban - Gira con Me

Is that new Josh Groban stuff? in Italian?? cool!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 21:09      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
I agree..there will never be another...check out the Barcelona tune if you haven't already. It's awesome!

Yes, I need to expand my Queen collection, haven't got that one yet (Live at Wembley DVD is my next planned Queen purchase, for the surround sound and the video, since I already have it on CD). I was quite impressed with a snippet I heard with him singing an operatic duet with some female opera singer, too, on a Freddie Mercury TV special sometime. I'm also thinking of checking out the Freddie Mercury tribute concert DVD, which has Queen minus Freddie with a variety of guest singers.

Oh, what was the topic again? I'm not listening to anything at the moment, 'cause I'm working at a different site, and don't have access to the^H^H^H my MP3 collection at work. I've got a radio with me, maybe I should put that on. Hmm...

Live at Wembeley is awesome! And I think the duet you're referring to is Barcelona! [Big Grin] I can zip it(now that I learned how thanks to Uncle F) and send it to you if you like..

Let me know if you get the tribute concert-i've been debating that, too.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 21:29      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Live at Wembeley is awesome! And I think the duet you're referring to is Barcelona! [Big Grin] I can zip it(now that I learned how thanks to Uncle F) and send it to you if you like..
Let me know if you get the tribute concert-i've been debating that, too.

Hmm, home PC hard drive is out of action temporarily, so I better wait a little while to sample "Barcelona" (well, until work gives me a new one, since they own the machine). I'm half tempted to take advantage of the Kmart 15% of everything sale on toda and buy all the Queen DVDs in one fell swoop [Smile]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 22:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get home from work, I'll usually pop my head into whatever room my daughters are in and sing "I see a little silhouetto of a girl..."

the girls now reply "scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango"

we then alternate lines through to the "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for meeeeeeeeeeee"

The other day, I was watching "Waynes World" on the tv in my room, while the girls were watching Disney in the next room, when the Bohemian Rhapsody scene came on, my daughters came running in and we had an impromptu concert, singing along with Wayne and Garth, it was a hoot.

I think my daughters are going to be geeks when they grow up.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 23:16      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I think my daughters are going to be geeks when they grow up.

I'm thinkin' so too. [Wink]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 14, 2003 04:30      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
My Girlfriend - Talking

Whoa, I haven't heard that classic in a long time. S'pose I could get an MP3 from yah dman old pal? I had My Girlfriend once but I lost it, so it should be legal. Should have made a backup.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 05:37      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Nice to see this thread back [Smile]

Recently played...

Josh Groban - Canto Alla Vita
Josh Groban - Gira con Me

Is that new Josh Groban stuff? in Italian?? cool!!!!!!!!!!
I don't believe that it's extremely new...but it can be found here if you have iTunes or here on Amazon if you don't.

It's really great music...such a voice [Smile]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 05:44      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by knightwhosaysNI:
Great Bands have a member that kills an ugly girlfreind

[Big Grin] Ah, quote of the week, methinks!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 06:11      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by knightwhosaysNI:
Anarchy in the UK- The Sex Pistols

Great Bands have a member that kills an ugly girlfreind

Then how come Courtney Love is still alive?
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 09:15      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Kurt was the girl.....not to big of a stretch to imagine Courtney with the ol' twig and berries dangling down there

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 09:21      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...not to big of a stretch to imagine Courtney with the ol' twig and berries dangling down there

Yeah, but she probably cut them off Kurt and sewed them on herself. (...Sorry - I just had one of those flashbacks ... "it puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again"... - Sorry - there it is again... )

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 06:40      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Random play came up with:

Dream Theater - Voices
Steely Dan - The Last Mall
The B-52's - Private Idaho
Tori Amos - Mother

Most recent (USED! NO MONEY FOR YOU, RIAA!!) CD purchases:

Alice in Chains - Facelift
Gov't Mule - Life Before Insanity
Lamb - Lamb
Lords of Acid - Greatest T*ts
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Prince - Emancipation

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matt Mayers
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 08:12            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stone Temple Pilots - Sour Girl
IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 12:50      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hrm... well, when I clicked the "Add Reply" button I was listening to:

The Doors - Light My Fire

but now I'm listening to:

Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City

and while I was walking over to the computer I have playing MP3s for me to see who sang the last song, it changed to:

Lynard Skynard - Free Bird

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 13:00      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DJ Mystik - Send me an angel

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 13:57      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flogging Molly - The Devil's Dance Floor

oooh.. song change

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 14:54      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dynamite Hack - Boys in the Hood

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture