homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Inception

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Inception
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2010 19:15      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By all rights I should have hated this. I thought "The Dark Knight" was a pretentious load of twaddle, and this is much worse, with it's portentous Hans Zimmer film score, ridiculous plot, with holes in it large enough to drive a good sized army through, and a complete cop out of an ending. On the other hand there is Marion Cotillard, who seems to have become quite a screen goddess. Nonetheless it is still, in the words of W Shakespeare, "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

But I enjoyed it. Am I losing my mind?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 29, 2010 20:06      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, tons of plot holes, etc, etc, but I enjoyed it too. Borrowed heavily from everywhere, esp The Matrix.

I liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character better than Leo's.

Unlike you, I thought there was too much of Marion Cotillard's character, and I fell very much in love with Ellen Page. That's good though, now I get her all to myself. [Big Grin] dream on.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 00:32      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen this movie so I am not here to discuss it yet, but, YOu are abusing my second favorite quote from shakespear.

everything we humans do are like " stories are told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

naturally so are our movies.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 19:12      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
..YOu are abusing my second favorite quote from shakespear.

maybe but I am at least quoting it accurately! [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 20:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:

You really should read it in the original Klingon.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 02, 2010 06:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:

You really should read it in the original Klingon.
Bah. Everyone knows the Klingons stole it from the Thetans. The only reason nobody says anything is because the Klingon copies were the only ones left after Xenu nuked everyone.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2010 17:47      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Bah. Everyone knows the Klingons stole it from the Thetans. The only reason nobody says anything is because the Klingon copies were the only ones left after Xenu nuked everyone.

So, should we call you Grumpy L. Ron now?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2010 06:17      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:

So, should we call you Grumpy L. Ron now?
Only if you hand over large amounts of money on a regular basis to pay for me connecting you up to a Wheatsto.. err.. E-Meter(tm) to clear your bank acc... err... body of Thetans.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture