homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » The divine Mozart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The divine Mozart
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2010 17:22      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunday was my wife's birthday, and we went to see "Cosi Fan Tutti". When as in this opera, Mozart is at the top of his game, nobody else comes near.

Here is 2 minutes and 50 seconds of deliciousness

Even if you think you dislike opera, if you ever get the chance to see this, or his "Marriage of Figaro", grab it. Just as everyone should see at least one Shakespeare play, so you should see at least one Mozart opera in your lifetime.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
CW Smith
Geek Apprentice
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2010 09:42      Profile for CW Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm partial to Don Giovanni myself.

--------------------
Peace,
CW

guitar, bass, percussion, Macintosh.
http://www.cwsmith.fm

Posts: 42 | From: Des Moines, IA USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2010 13:45      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Calli, that was superb. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2010 15:50      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome. Thanks [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2010 17:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Not to be saying ME TOO, I really like anything by Mozart, that features French Horns.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2010 08:26      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been way too long since I've been to a proper opera.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 16, 2010 20:14      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A postscript to this. The performance of Cosi I saw a month ago was one of the last performances conducted by Sir Charles Mackerras. I am no musical (or indeed opera) cognoscenti, I just go and let it sweep over me, but for whatever reason, I did enjoy the opera more than I ever have before. It is quite something to lived such a long life in music, and to be still at the very top of your profession right to the end.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture