homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » The new Doctor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The new Doctor
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2010 17:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit slow moving, I thought.
They need to pace it up a bit.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2010 19:27      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SHHHHHHHHHHH! still waiting for it to dl....

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2010 22:02      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD: Awww....leave the guy a moment to get less 'ragged.' [Razz]

(DT spent the better part of his regeneration in bed and/or in a dressing gown, after all.)

I'm a bit tossed about how 'shiny' some things are, though I can't say I mind that /all across the board/, though. The previews are a wee bit shocking, mind you. That's full of 'wow.'

(And mmb...I don't think any of that contained 'spoilers.' [Smile] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2010 00:00      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was great. Perfectly paced, a couple of nice twists, and plenty of potential. The new assistant seems good too. I'm very much looking forward to the rest now.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2010 03:29      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the first episode was ok......

The writing is up to scratch, but it's early days yet for the new Doctor's characterisation. Matt Smith has the potential to do a very good job, but after only seeing the first episode I am not convinced that he won't stuff it up.

Even if he turns out to be rubbish, it is always nice to see cute gingers on prime time telly [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2010 04:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The druidlings don't approve of the new opening music and visuals.

9 and 11 years old, and already they're hidebound traditionalists. [ohwell]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2010 10:10      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen it. and i like it. Yes there are issues on new opening theme... The hawt gingers seem to have a running theme unto themselves. I locked in for the wild ride.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 05, 2010 18:38      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that I like my new self. [Wink] Mind you I am always a bit off when I first regenerate. Give me a couple of episodes to see how I will evolve. For goodness sakes, I didn't even know what I would like to eat. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was a Tigger.

The new TARDIS console looks a bit strange but I am sure I will get used to it as I always seem to manage one way or another.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 18:52      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are looking to increase your Dr Who nerd score, this enjoyable Radio 4 programme may be essential listening. It examines the contributions made by Douglas Adams during his year as script editor for the series, and the lasting legacy of that time.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted April 07, 2010 02:46      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________ Nope, I am not going hitchhiking again, not after the Electric Horseman.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture