homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Guild Wars

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guild Wars
Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 18:59      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you out there who like a good bargain I found this game quite worthwhile for invested money.

This is a unique MMORPG/RPG style game. The reason I call it unique is that there is no monthly fee, yet it totally resides online. The content is designed to equate to about the equivalent of buying a single player game (RPG style, I would say Diablo style but Diablo holds nothing to Guild Wars), but has the ability to cooperatively play with friends online. The PvP content is pretty cool too, some may try to compare it to PvP in WoW or other MMORPG's but the opinion that it is comparable gives you an idea how good of an investment this game is. (Since, With WoW you'd be paying for software and 15 dollars a month!) Guild Wars I feel no obligation to play and can return whenever I wish. I think it's a really cool idea and suggest it to anyone who is looking for a game to play with friends!

at Ebgames they had a clearance of Nightfalls (the latest expansion) and it costed 25 bucks to purchase. You can find the Guild Wars (Prophecies or no title on front) for roughly 20-30 dollars also, there are 3 total campaigns at this time and it uses a modular system that allows you to purchase any campaign of the game and play it single, or add on an expansion and explore between the two as you desire.

The game is very fast paced, max level is 20 down time is inexistent (takes like 10-20 seconds to go from low life to full life and same with mana) it is a lot of fun.

I have some movies on YouTube of me playing with my assassin:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rbJ6ARZ7KMY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePnivkFj6aY

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 19:55      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've mentioned the game guild wars on this forum a couple of times in the past when mmorpg's have come up. I've had the game for almost two years now and I've made a ton of online friends through it.

But sadly when that 1 and a half mark came around I was kind of tired of Guild Wars and better things came into my real life. So i gave away all my possesions and have left the game for good.

But yeah it is still a really fun game and is in some aspects better the WOW if not most. If you are looking for an mmorpg to replace your Tibia or Runescape. And you don't have any friends who want you to play WOW with you. Then Guild wars is the better option because it doesn't only save u 15 bucks a month it is overall a solid mmorpg.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 21:37      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played it like a month when it first came out, beat it, and did some PVP and got bored then left.

Came back like a 6 months later and had a lot more fun. I play it very idly now and that's something Ic an't justify on WoW or any other MMORPG, idle play. 15 bucks a month I feel like I need to get my money's worth, I normally burn myself out trying. [Smile]

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture