homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Audacity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Audacity
Democritus the Minor
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2620

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 19, 2006 12:32      Profile for Democritus the Minor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yet another masterful creation from the demigods of sourceforge. layered tracks, effects, and other goodness. it even has a fast fourier transform function...

love, hate, puns?

--------------------
We are 1447. We are better than 1337.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago 'Burbs | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2006 12:52      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ability to record from an output device is one of the most invaluable I've run across. I use it all the time.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2006 13:36            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't played with Audacity too much, but it looks pretty full-featured.

Pamela has an ambition to create a podcast focused on the Colorado Avalanche. If and when she does, I expect that Audacity will be the main tool she uses to put it together.

IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2006 06:59      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Audacity rocks!

I run a telephone switch in a call center. Every audio file in the IVR has been touched by one or more of sox, normalize, or Audacity.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 19:58      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing everyone is running Audacity 1.2.2 ?
I've got the old 1.0.0 installed now so will have to dl the new build shortly. Played with MusicMatch Jukebox 6 some trying to figure if it could work as well.

If I'm able to successfully produce some podcast I'll try to host them at Ourmedia.org (for free) till I'm certain I know what I'm doing. Some friends of mine experimented with music loops from Flash Kit.com for the intro/outro of the podcast.

Please post how it goes for you. I'm using both PC and an old G3/300 with the wings card and would
like to become more able with the Mac.

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2006 07:41      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eDJ:
I'm guessing everyone is running Audacity 1.2.2 ?

1.3 Beta, actually. Some of the new 1.3 features addressed things in Audacity that made it less-easy to do some processes in the older version.
Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 02, 2006 08:47      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im running whatever was newest (stable) 2months ago... I love it... I use Creative MediaSource for recording and Audacity for editing...does anyone have VST plugins I can use????

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2006 09:58      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just downloaded it and tried it. Interesting. It's got one of those interfaces that looks like it'd be really slow and horrible, but actually it's fairly quick to use.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Democritus the Minor
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2620

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2006 15:13      Profile for Democritus the Minor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
I just downloaded it and tried it. Interesting. It's got one of those interfaces that looks like it'd be really slow and horrible, but actually it's fairly quick to use.

true 'nough... sourceforge is good at that. function over form all the way.

--------------------
We are 1447. We are better than 1337.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago 'Burbs | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture