homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » back hawk down helicopter crashes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: back hawk down helicopter crashes
serishema
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4481

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2005 15:16      Profile for serishema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So i finally actually watched black hawk down. I know it came out ages ago, but i'm not really the type to see the latest thing out.

I'm wondering how they did the helicopter crash scenes cos they actually seemed realistic the way they went down. In the first one you could see the pilot was attempting to crash land upright by maxing the collective just before it hit the ground.

I'm wondering how they filmed these because obviously they didn't really blow the tail rotor off a helicopter, that would be too dangerous.

Posts: 42 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2005 09:33      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, finally a reason for the second disk they always include that you never feel like watching.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture