homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Star Wars IV,V,VI DVD changes & review (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Star Wars IV,V,VI DVD changes & review
Macabus
Newbie Larva
Member # 2984

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted September 27, 2004 20:37      Profile for Macabus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fine with the whole adding people in Mos Eisley, the enhanced battle scene at Yavin, and sure, they changed the Ewok Music(I loved that music), but life will go on.

I never liked the first Jabba scene in ANH. They decided not to and redesigned the character-it went from a portly man in a fur coat into a giant, nasty slug thing. That's the kind of change you should leave. NO JABBA IN ANH!

Ian McDiarmid is still the emperor-they got him to be palpatine-so, that big actor change wasn't an actor change. If you don't believe me, check all the movies he made in '83-it's the same guy. Always has been.

Now, the thing that really gets my goat-the placing of that Hayden Christensen in Episode VI. I always thought of the old Anakin showing up symbolizing some kind of rebirth-how he became a jedi again. You have to admit, taking the emperor and shoving him down a shaft is sort of a turn. Darth Vader became Anakin Skywalker again; full circle back to being a jedi. Putting that kid in there sort of changes the effect of the whole thing. It belittles the fact that the good overcame the evil-and Vader saw the light.

Posts: 5 | From: Right now, not so far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2004 07:27      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else notice the number of times Harrison Ford gropes Carrie Fisher's chest in the trilogy? So far I've seen one instance each in Empire and Jedi, I'll have to watch ANH again to go for a trifecta.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the two occasions I'm thinking of [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
GVCarroll
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1346

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2004 19:35      Profile for GVCarroll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Did anyone else notice the number of times Harrison Ford gropes Carrie Fisher's chest in the trilogy? So far I've seen one instance each in Empire and Jedi, I'll have to watch ANH again to go for a trifecta.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the two occasions I'm thinking of

Hummm. I'm thinking when she falls into his arms in ESB... Jedi, not sure. Maybe when she falls back after getting shot???
Posts: 30 | From: Maine | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2004 21:07      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GVCarroll:
quote:

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me the two occasions I'm thinking of

Hummm. I'm thinking when she falls into his arms in ESB... Jedi, not sure. Maybe when she falls back after getting shot???
Yep, that's pretty much dead on the mark (pardon the pun). The Jedi one is particularly obvious, the ESB one less so (it's when he's lifting her back up out of his arms, from memory, he's not really holding her around her waist, let's just say).
GVCarroll
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1346

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2004 18:07      Profile for GVCarroll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yep, that's pretty much dead on the mark (pardon the pun).
I need to stop knowing answers to questions like these.

[Wink]

Posts: 30 | From: Maine | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spidey_Freak
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3013

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted October 17, 2004 16:56      Profile for Spidey_Freak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I'm not as outraged at Lucas as some of you, I don't plan on buying the box set. I'll probably find a DVD made by someone from the ORIGINAL movies.

A puppet Jabba was the only way to go... (Yes, I know, it sounds picky, but the puppet jabba had the charm that the CGI one didn't.)

I'm going to find them on Ebay when I can get the cash. So screw lucas. He would've gotten my money if he didn't go off and edit everything and it's uncle in the fliks. I had the VHS from 95ish, and those had some minimum effect changes I didn't mind at all. I'd even buy a transfer of those. [devil wand]

Posts: 1 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2004 18:52      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, having watched through the featurettes and documentary on the 4th DVD, one thing becomes very clear. Lucas is a very stubborn man, who only does things one way - his way. I didn't see one bit of gratitude to the fans whatsoever, they were just a means to an end, making "his movies". I certainly got the feeling Carrie Fisher didn't find working with him very easy, from a few things she said.

Speaking of which, I didn't realise she was so young at the time. She was only 19 during some of the shooting for the first movie!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture