homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Fun and Games, and Reviews   » Morrissey - You are the quarry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morrissey - You are the quarry
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 14:08      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a Smiths or a Morrissey fan. Indeed I find the whole Brit miserableist musical vein that he started (Travis, Coldplay etc.) faintly risible. But only two words describe his latest, You are the quarry - fscking brilliant. I have been listening to this for the last two weeks, and like all the best albums, it creeps up on you. You'll start thinking it's just ok, but nothing to write home about, and gradually with repeated listening, each song will sneak up and grab you by the windpipe. At the moment my favourite song is "First of the gang to die", (and the song is as good and catchy as the title), but I know by next week something else will have taken up lodging in my cerebral cortex, as this collection is as rich as a Christmas cake. This is a truly wonderful CD, and to finish I have two more words to give you - buy it.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 16:25      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't planning to buy this one, as it sounded cak when he was on Jonathan Ross, but I just might yet...

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dunjamon
Mini Geek
Member # 2701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2004 16:57      Profile for dunjamon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed this album almost as much as the new beastie boys album - worth it solely for "Time to build"

--------------------
Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is as drunk and stupid as ever.

Posts: 77 | From: Manchester England | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2004 11:02      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First in the gang is such an interesting song. It sounds so pop and then you listen to the lyrics.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture