homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » MX-5 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: MX-5
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2010 12:47      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely see her point. Maybe get into motorcycles. Cheap on fuel and still stupidly impractical. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2434 | From: Somewhere between the gutter... and probably another gutter | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2010 12:58      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ drunkennewfiemidget, I believe somebody has done that, it may not be what you want. I do remember reading about it.

____ CommanderShroom, I have been looking for a wrecked P-30 GM with the 454 Engine, from working in emissions I know that the 454s did not like FI. So I am wondering how well the after market stuff would work.

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5472 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2010 13:24      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Ash. A BMW R or K bike of 750 or more CCs and good aftermarket pillon seat and you're good to go.

--------------------

Posts: 5472 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2010 13:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I am going to go test drive one sunday. (2002 w/ 140 HP, all leather seats and dash, unfortunatley red and not blue but used car buyers can choose the color)

A motorcycle would be much harder to convince my wife to let me buy as she thinks they are more dangerous.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3080 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2010 14:02      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She'll get over the danger if you take her for a ride. Trust me on this one. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7667 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2010 05:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Ash, I am not sure on Switzerland, but most European Countries require graduated Motorcycle permits. Two years on each size (Class) of cycle. It might take up to eight years to get up to a 1000cc bike, by then your midlife crisis will have passed.

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2010 12:27      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The decision has been postponed, to summer, when the convertibles will cost more, oh well.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2010 02:38      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Ash, I am not sure on Switzerland, but most European Countries require graduated Motorcycle permits.

In the UK, you can ride 125cc on a provisional license/car license following the Compulsory Basic Training. Then you go onto "A Restricted", which you can ride up to 500cc for two years before graduating onto full "A2" license, or if over 21 (and certain you're not an idiot) "Direct Access Scheme" to get to A2 immediately.
Posts: 1133 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2010 04:42      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sort of changed my mind, I test drove an MGF,anouther cheap raodster, that was fun.

My wife still says no, though, I think she is coming around. She said she really likes a 300 series BMW cabrioshe saw ( I don't want a 300er BMW, and I think every BMW roadster ever built ,z1, z3,z4 ect. , is ugly.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2011 07:48      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:

Ashitaka - Did you talk to your wife yet? How did that work out for you?

I bought a 2001 MR2 yesterday.

That was quick. It only took a little more than a year to convince my wife. I was thinking in the ten year range.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 09, 2011 10:07      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa! One like this?

-

Posts: 7826 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2011 10:22      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Ash I still say this is what you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iVMONcwss

[Smile] [Smile] [crazy] [Smile] [Smile]

____ This is not the one I had, however it is the same model.

http://www.inoanorton.com/Album/list.cgi/mc.1238504482.30300.html

____ Late one night I got radar gunned, the deputy sheriff was just over the hill. He claimed I broke the hill at 138 MPH then went by him at 142 MPH. The weird thing is he did not give me a ticket. The next day I went and bought V rate tires.

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2011 10:37      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Whoa! One like this?

Yes, but metallic blue.

I pick it up wdnesday, pics to follow.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2011 09:05      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2011 09:08      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Ash I still say this is what you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iVMONcwss

That is a heart warming story, though, the cynic in me makes me think the shop that fixed the bike set this whole story up.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2011 13:24      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like fun!

All of our toys are currently in a holding pattern. But hopefully with the new year, the Fiat and the Goldwing are going to get finished up.

Enjoy Ash. It will make a perfect Mom and Dad getaway car. And trust me, the little ones absolutely adore this stuff. My 9 year old still talks about my last convertible, and I haven't had that since he was 4!

Posts: 2434 | From: Somewhere between the gutter... and probably another gutter | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2011 22:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! [Eek!] [Cool]
Posts: 7826 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2011 22:02      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...that's purty!

Have fun with it, Ash!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9209 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2011 15:35      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute car. Where are you going to put the child seat? Isn't your wife due soon?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3846 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2011 17:51      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - I'm not usually interested in modern sports cars but two thoughts spring to mind...

1) That is definitely the prettiest iteration of the MR-2, really quite classy.
2)Your particular MR-2 looks to be in very very good condition for a car that is several years old.

I think you have chosen well, and I hope you enjoy it.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2011 02:29      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Cute car. Where are you going to put the child seat? Isn't your wife due soon?

It is a two seater MR 2 and has air bags that cannot easily be turned off. Our daughter will not ride in the car until she is much older ( we have also a polo, I didn't trade in a car to buy this).

btw, at least it was 12 degrees outside the first weekend I had it ( in january, how lucky is that) SO at least I got to enjoy it for two days before teh baby comes. Now it is back to th normal snowy -2, I guess I have to wait until spring now.

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.