homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Ball room dancing / swing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ball room dancing / swing
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 3 posted September 05, 2007 20:27      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so a friend of mine says i can really be the bomb with the ladies if i take up ball room dancing or swing.
I wonder if what is left of my manhood will be flushed with this endvor?

Any thoughts on the matter?

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 06, 2007 04:30      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in ballroom dancing, the man gets to lead, without conditions. That would be better for a male ego than just about any other social situations, don't you think so? [Wink]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 14 posted September 06, 2007 06:16      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot all about that leading part....

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2007 12:16      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried a little swing dancing back in college, and it's something I hope to get back to and really learn eventually. I don't see how swing dancing could possibly be considered to not be masculine, though. A number of the more advanced moves are fairly physically demanding (though I understand they don't require as much strength as they appear to if done correctly).

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2007 17:21      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man who can dance is always a good thing. Simply having more confidence out on the dance floor has more people looking your way, or at least not glaring at you.
There are also plenty of women out there who would love to be asked to dance, and I would think that men would be more willing to ask if they felt more confident in what they were doing.
You wouldn't have to be Baryshnikov. Just being able to step around a little & have fun with a woman helps.

hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 3 posted September 06, 2007 19:56      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the support. I guess i will have to try then. I will keep you folks posted with the progress. I will have to keep my two left feet in order then.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture