homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Unnatural Beauty (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Unnatural Beauty
sweetheart
Newbie Larva
Member # 10631

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted August 28, 2007 23:24      Profile for sweetheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do u guys think of girls having cosmetic surgery?

I've found lots of befores and afters on the Plastic Sergeant Site [Roll Eyes]

I think after ops look a lot more beatiful, than before-op pics. Personally I am thinking of having some of the procedures in future. But most of my friends (guys) say that it's not quite normal.

What can u say?

Posts: 5 | From: Argentina | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 23:38      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would redefine your question as what do you guys think of cosmetic surgery. I have no problem with plastic surgery to help someone.

I don't know you, so this may not apply to you. The question is why do you want plastic surgery. If you feel bad about yourself, you will feel better by addressing why and not just changing how you look.

That being said, if you are thinking about a sex change plastic surgery, I say go for it.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
sweetheart
Newbie Larva
Member # 10631

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 01:24      Profile for sweetheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've changed my question)

I just don't quite understand is breast augmentation, for example, a cosmetic or a plastic surgery.
I'm considering this procedure, but most of my friends say it's awful.

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 05:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there's anything morally or ethically wrong with it, but I would have to be really unhappy with my appearance to be willing to have surgery (no matter what they say, it's gonna hurt) and risk the complications. If you are seriously considering it, you should probably look at some pictures that show less than optimal results too, so you know what you might also end up with.

Awful Plastic Surgery
Botched Plastic Surgery

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 05:16      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
T O P I C R E V I E W
sweetheart __________________ WHY, WHY, WHY do you need big boobs to feel good? Most women I know that have had Boob jobs are just plain vain, why go throuh the pain to draw attention to yourself.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
sweetheart
Newbie Larva
Member # 10631

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 05:28      Profile for sweetheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not only for drawing attention.
I just do not like mine...

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 05:30      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, well I just browsed through your photobucket sweetheart, and other than the fishing lures on your face you are not a bad looking girl. As a side note, have you ever gotten any jewelery stuck on the pillowcase overnight?

I am not sure why anyone would voluntarily go through with the work. But if you got the money and want the D cups, go for it. I say go with some FF's and you will be styling with a breast wheelbarrow and shit around town...

OK I can't keep that one going. You look rather young, and I can't help but wonder if there may be self-esteem issues that is making you think about doing something like that to yourself.

I know it is acceptable, and some people think that stuff rocks, but to pay people to cut up your body to make adjustments to it, is just disturbing to me.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 06:44      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweetheart: I think this is the website you are looking for to get the encouragement for plastic surgery. I would like to think most of us geeks are pretty happy with the way we look.
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 29, 2007 07:27      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetheart:
It is not only for drawing attention.
I just do not like mine...

(Warning: mad rant against shallowness ahead.)

SH, the "only" is one word to much - it is actually admitting you do it to get attention. So I'd guess you don't like your natural ones because they don't get you enough of it. (They don't compare well to the popular girl's ones, maybe?)

IF light-hearted THEN GOTO END_mad_rant END IF
Mad_rant: [devil wand]

Now, here's a trick or three - if it's attention you crave, wear something very weird. If it's men's attention you want, dress like a street walker. But if you want a real boyfriend who will still love you after getting in bed with you, grow a personnality instead.

END_mad_rant: [Roll Eyes]

:Clears_throat:

For a nicer way to say it:

There will always be something you won't like about yourself. Now it's your breasts. Later will be the tummy, and when you age, there will be the lines around your eyes and lips. So you can either spend your life being unhappy about yourself, and spend loads of money every other year to fix this and that, or you can learn to live with yourself, accept the less-than-perfect parts of your body, even get to laugh about them, and just enjoy your life. Trust me, you will live a much happier life with the second solution.

Oh, and I forgot - there's another way to get bigger breasts: get pregnant. Not that I would suggest you to do so just to have more to show, but that's about as crazy as getting surgery, plus it's cheaper, and probably safer - if your partner is clean, of course... [crazy]

(Or Business Attire could tell you what it is she takes! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] etc.)

[Geek] : I haven't done any BASIC programming for decades - please forgive me if it doesn't compile.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 07:35      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY!!! Don't drag me into this! I just started birth control and they went up two sizes.

No surgery required, and its the OPPOSITE of getting pregnant. YAY!

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 08:34      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I will go with what everyone else has said. Which is unless something has happened to you (i.e. car accident) that has changed your physical appearance for the worst or you have some disease which has caused you to be physically ugly then plastic/ cosmetic surgery is not the way to go. And trust me any man seeking more then a one night stand would rather be with a girl with a tad smaller breast then her girlfriends then be with a girl which has had plastic/ cosmetic surgery.

And if your breast size is causing you to be unhappy/ depressed then go talk to a close friend. He/ she will either help you feel more comfortable with your body appearance or will recommend you see a professional because they think you being uncomfortable with certain parts of your body is just the tip of the iceberg.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 08:53      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
HEY!!! Don't drag me into this! I just started birth control and they went up two sizes.

o.O

... scientific evidence?

*runs off and hides before he gets shot*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 09:10      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, surgery just sucks. I could enumerate the ways, but that would take too long. Unless it's correcting a real defect or reconstructive, just don't do it. Second of all, with plastic surgery, you get what you pay for, and even if you scrape up the dough and find a really good surgeon, a lot of the times you're still left looking kinda fake. This is true for any kind of work.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 29, 2007 09:30      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:

Hummm, forgotten your sex-ed classes, have you? Birth-controls pills is "pretending your got pregnant", not "the opposite of getting pregnant". On the hormonal level, the pill == pregnant (hence your bra-size increase). But I'm just being pedant. [crazy]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 09:53      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is anything wrong with cosmetic surgery, as long as you get a good surgeon, and take a long time to think about it and weigh the risks to make sure it is really what you want for yourself and not for other people. I may get breast implants some day because mine are very lopsided and it is impossible to find a bra in my size (44A). But if I do get it done it won't be for another ten years probably. And who knows, by then I may not want it at all.

What does bother me is your use of the phrase "some of the procedures". That suggests that you either don't know what you want done or you are planning on getting a lot. If there is a specific thing that bothers you then cosmetic surgery might be a viable option, but if you just want to look better your money is probably going to be better spent on a therapist to talk about your image issues.

PS, Stereo, pregnancy and childbirth did absolutely nothing for my breast size. *pouts*

Edit:
I took a look at your photobucket as well and I also think you're very pretty. I like the labrets, too, although the bridge piercing looks a little close to the surface. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 10:20      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in agreement with several of the others here, that you should probably examine the possibility that you have self-esteem issues, rather than physical imperfections, that need to be addressed.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 12:58      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:

Hummm, forgotten your sex-ed classes, have you? Birth-controls pills is "pretending your got pregnant", not "the opposite of getting pregnant". On the hormonal level, the pill == pregnant (hence your bra-size increase). But I'm just being pedant. [crazy]
Yes yes, I know. I'm so pregnant that I'm NOT pregnant. Whatevs [Roll Eyes] [Smile]
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 15:11      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I can tell most unnecessary cosmetic surgeries are performed on people who should have addressed their need to get it done, rather than the process of getting it done. Judging from your picture on the other thread, I'd say you certainly look pretty enough -- but then I'm one of those who think that the science of plastic surgery should be confined to those who have suffered burns / injuries, and as a means to help them feel normal... whatever the hell that means.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
reachums
Maximum Newbie
Member # 5204

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 11:08      Profile for reachums     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your, what, a full B cup? some where around there, and you don't look like you could be past your early 20's. don't worry about it, I had a friend who was a double D and got hers reduced to your size, she is 25 and a much bigger girl than you, bigger is more of a pain than you think. Women in my family don't seem to reach their full cup size until they hit their early thirties, I'm not worried that I'm a small B because I know that when I have kids/when I hit 35 I'll be a full B and that's enough for me.

There are all sorts of back and shoulder problems you have to deal with once your bigger than a C cup, and the surgery is really painful, you don't realize how much you use the muscles in your chest until you can't use them.

Honey, your gorgeous, trust me, you don't need any work done. [Wink]

Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 16:03      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's not much to end a post with if a person does need "work" done is there? I also suppose it depends on who you ask... eye of the beholder and all.
I guess they should just make a place where people can ask "Do you think I'm pretty?" (which is really what this sort of question is all about) and then thousands of others just like them can answer "You're great, gorgeous, amazingly beautiful!" and everyone can feel better about themselves.
Over all, I'm going to have to get behind Black Widow on this one... I'm happy, and am happy around other people who are happy with themselves.

Taim
Maximum Newbie
Member # 10211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2007 22:33      Profile for Taim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetheart:

Breast augmentation is definitely a cosmetic surgery because there is no health benefit from having them increased in size, it is always a want rather than a need. If you go through with this type of cosmetic surgery, it WILL take you months upon months to recover and for the scars to fully heal. About 4 months ago my brother had excess skin removed after having lost an immense amount of weight in a short period of time and his scars are still healing, he has to go in for checkups to make sure they are healing correctly. It's definitely not a "do it and be done with it" operation, that's for sure.

Not to mention that breast augmentation can possibly hinder breast feeding (if you plan to have babies at some point in the future). It's an operation that would not only affect and inconvenience you but the person who would be going out of their way to keep you in a position as to not A) disrupt the stitches you've recieved from the surgery, B) clean up the blood and pus that may leak from the wounds, and C) having to be at your beck and call until you are able to sustain yourself once again.

Hope this provides some insight onto the topic at hand, but all the same, good luck. <3

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 12 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2007 09:20      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Taim:

Not to mention that breast augmentation can possibly hinder breast feeding (if you plan to have babies at some point in the future).

Actually, augmentation is unlikely to have an adverse affect on breastfeeding assuming you go to a competent surgeon and the nipple doesn't have to be relocated. And breastmilk from a person with implants is completely safe. It may not be up to the same standards as breastmilk from someone without implants (and I cant' say for sure that it isn't), but it is definitely better than formula.

Breast reduction on the other hand can cause a lot of problems with breastfeeding because of reduced tissue or possible severing of milk ducts.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted September 14, 2007 21:05      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do what makes you happy!!!! Screw everyone else!!! [Applause]

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Azalie
Geek Larva
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 15:58      Profile for Azalie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I not trying to brag here or anything..

but i have huge boobs... naturally..

I measured it using the... guidelines or whatever.. and im a 48D..

I wear sports bras so.. I dont know nothin about regular bras.

but anyway.

The point im getting to is..

having big boobs SUCKS. I dont like mine.. and you know what? i'd really like to have a reduction... I really would.. They get in the way a lot.. and well.. If you do anything but walk... They uh..

well we've all seen the movie Click right? ^^;

yeah. So my advice is: DONT GET THEM [Razz]

--------------------
~Azalie

Posts: 21 | From: MI | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2007 17:07      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweetheart,

I think you should look deep inside and be honest with yourself as to why you want to have this done. If you are doing this because you want to attract men then you need to ask yourself if you want a man who is as shallow as a puddle in the desert because that is what you will get if all he is interested in is your chest. If you are doing it to fit in with a certain crowd then you need to ask yourself if you want to fit in with people who are only interested in how someone looks.

My wife naturally has large breast from birthing our two sons and they are a pain to her. If the surgery wasn't so painful, costly and without possible complications she'd have them reduced in a minute.

edit: Feels weird referring to someone other than my wife as sweetheart.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture