homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » The best makeup to wear with glasses. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The best makeup to wear with glasses.
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 16:25      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: Xanth's comment.
That was actually before I switched jobs. My new employer only provides a discount card for one provider in our area, which, sadly, is not the eye doctor I've been seeing for the last two years. I stocked up on glasses and contacts before I changed employers, so I should be good for another six or seven months. Then, after that? I guess I'll be stuck wearing glasses for however long it takes my vision to decrease enough that I MUST see an eye doctor.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3851 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 18:25      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
But what makeup goes best with a full-face respirator?

That's easy: A portable C-PAP machine. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 23:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vision care?

/me knows of no such thing - my medical plan only covers the visit to the ophthalmologist, and doesn't even cover the full cost of a refraction [test].

(Actually, just this year they offered a /really lousy/ plan called Spectera. (.com) The dollar value of coverage is lame, and the offers are over a kind of long period of time. Maybe it costs a bit more, but I'd like to go to my trusted optician of many years, and get a pair of glasses that I know will work for me.)

All I've got is a flexible spending plan which I use to reimburse myself for these expenses. Something really seems wrong to me about the state of health insurance w.r.t. glasses - these are things I need to function properly...if prescription medication that costs much more annually is covered for people, why not glasses?

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 06:07      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm mildly surprised at the number of guys interested in and replying to this thread on make-up. Now why is that?
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 08:33      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we all know Steen's hobbies when he thinks he's alone.

as for the others... /me shrugs.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 09:58      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
Well we all know Steen's hobbies when he thinks he's alone.

That would explain why I wear glasses... [Razz]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 13:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just interested in glasses... ;P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 14:04      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Vision care?

/me knows of no such thing - my medical plan only covers the visit to the ophthalmologist, and doesn't even cover the full cost of a refraction [test].

(Actually, just this year they offered a /really lousy/ plan called Spectera. (.com) The dollar value of coverage is lame, and the offers are over a kind of long period of time. Maybe it costs a bit more, but I'd like to go to my trusted optician of many years, and get a pair of glasses that I know will work for me.)

All I've got is a flexible spending plan which I use to reimburse myself for these expenses. Something really seems wrong to me about the state of health insurance w.r.t. glasses - these are things I need to function properly...if prescription medication that costs much more annually is covered for people, why not glasses?

I used to wait until the Pearle Vision near where I lived had one of those 2 for 1 sales and get the exam and glasses then. (A bunch of the other chain places do them too.) I've never had vision coverage either.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2007 23:56      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past month my make-up cabinet (yes, cabinet) has grown. I'm rather fond of my lipglosses...the tastes! The sheer lovely shades of pinks and clears and reds, oh my!

That said I do like to wear make-up with my glasses, hide some flaws, fix some circles from staying up late to finish a book. Good stuff.

I love my glasses...I just wish they wouldn't get so smudgy. Does anyone else have this problem?

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 03:10      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eyelashes are so long I sometimes get mascara on my lenses. Other than that, no. Maybe because I don't wear the huge 1970's style that rests mostly on my cheeks...
Wingless
Mini Geek
Member # 10751

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 18:03      Profile for Wingless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonSmuggler:
I love my glasses...I just wish they wouldn't get so smudgy. Does anyone else have this problem?

My glasses smudge many times throughout the day... I just use the microfiber shammy that came with them. I feel more contemplative when I use the shammy to clean my glasses, especially if I'm answering a question at the same time. So sometimes I go out and look for a question to be answered just so I can answer it & then pull out my cloth & clean my glasses while doing so. >.>

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture