homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » What turns girls on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What turns girls on?
Mighty
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9795

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted July 19, 2007 20:05      Profile for Mighty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to my friends, I behave like a total nerd (I literally ROFL'd when I watched a Spongebob episode LOL and I simply behave better than my friends) but they say such weirdness turns the females on.

I posted this thing to ask you girls;

What turns you on in boys?

--------------------
Hi everyone. I'm looking for German speakers I could practice my German with. If you are a German speaker (preferably native) please PM me.

Posts: 11 | From: Israel | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 20:16      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard they like it when you send them a dead rabbit and attach a note that says something like

"Unlike this rabbit my love for you will never die"

They love that kind of romantic stuff.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mighty
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 20:18      Profile for Mighty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!

--------------------
Hi everyone. I'm looking for German speakers I could practice my German with. If you are a German speaker (preferably native) please PM me.

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 21:11      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give her one of these NSFW rabbits and she'll always be turned on. [Wink]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 23:22      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahha. NSFW indeed. Waterproof! Great for the shower

Not sure though, a guy giving a girl a NSFW rabbit can send the wrong signals, right? "Well I know I'll never be enough so this little may help out!"

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mighty
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 23:42      Profile for Mighty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa there! LOL [Big Grin]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 01:07      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women are individuals. What turns them on depends on their personal tastes. There is no single thing that will work on them all.

I can just about guarantee, however, that using LOL over and over again in every post will have the opposite effect on virtually every woman on the GC forums.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 20, 2007 01:13      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give him a break, he's only 15 [Razz]
There's not an infalible method to get a woman's attention. But always a nice talk works for me [Smile]
Try not to be selfish and listen to her interests, it may be useful.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 03:05      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Treat them as people, and equals, not objects or inferiors.

2. Listen to what they have to say and respect their opinions.

3. Don't make dismissive generalizations or apply stereotypes to them.

4. Treat her with the same common courtesy that you would extend to others, but don't fawn on her or cling to her.

5. Don't put either her happiness above yours or yours above hers. (Martyrdom is often just a passive-aggressive method of being controlling, anyway.)

And for you especially:
6. Apply some of that sense of humor to religion, unless you are looking to date a fundie.

Those are safe bets. Any relationship with someone that doesn't find those things attractive is going to be laden with issues.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 08:19      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What turns girls on?

They have a power switch behind their left knee. (Or at least my "Throbbing Thelma" does.)

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 08:29      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confidence. Most important of them all.

A pair of nice fitting jeans never hurts, either.

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 08:36      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
A pair of nice fitting jeans never hurts, either.

Yeah, so they can see how big your wallet is. [Razz]

--------------------

TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 08:38      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my own wallet, thanks.

I just want to see how their butt looks in them.

All right, it's a bit shallow, but it comes *after* the confidence!

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 08:46      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
... it comes *after* the confidence!

Unless you're walking backwards.

--------------------

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 09:59      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Don't put either her happiness above yours or yours above hers. (Martyrdom is often just a passive-aggressive method of being controlling, anyway.)

That makes so much sense, yet I hadn't though of it before. Promise to tell us if you ever decide to start blogging again, mmkay? (Assuming it's a blog we're allowed to read)
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 10:14      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maximile:
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Don't put either her happiness above yours or yours above hers. (Martyrdom is often just a passive-aggressive method of being controlling, anyway.)

That makes so much sense, yet I hadn't though of it before. Promise to tell us if you ever decide to start blogging again, mmkay? (Assuming it's a blog we're allowed to read)
I will. =)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
serutan
Newbie Larva
Member # 5460

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 14:43      Profile for serutan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Playing WoW in your parents' basement?
Posts: 7 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 15:43      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big muscles, big wallets, (sometimes) big brains, combination of the above, etc [Smile]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 15:57      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote lines from Barry White songs:

"I know there's only, only one like you./There's no way, they could have made two"

"Baby, let me take all of my life to find you/But you can believe it's gonna take the rest of my life to keep you"

"The way you move, girl, only made me want you more"

"All my life I've been searchin' for a star/Now my search is over and here we are"

etc, etc.

Ugh, I'm starting to feel ill.

--------------------
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, i

Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 16:26      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

"I know there's only, only one like you./There's no way, they could have made two"

"Baby, let me take all of my life to find you/But you can believe it's gonna take the rest of my life to keep you"

"All my life I've been searchin' for a star/Now my search is over and here we are"

etc, etc.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 18:36      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay my advice would be not to try and "turn on" a girl by doing something special. Because you will be married and 40 and she will say "remember when you were ___ and you did ___ , why don't you do that kind of stuff anymore". A girl should like you first for who you are - if she likes you because you did something you only did to get her to like you then you might as well dump her.

But thats not saying you should talk to her with your worst clothes on with stains in it and bad smelling breath, etc. Look and act like you can take care of yourself. There is probably hundreds upon hundreds of other small things i can tell you - but most are just common sense. If you don't know if something will be a "turn off" or "on" then just ask someone.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 18:36      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Universal Remote Control

You just need the right code.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nollaig
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9135

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2007 03:37      Profile for Nollaig   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate it when guys try to do things they think I would like. I like when they do their own thing - even if their own thing is something I don't like. If that makes sense. I just got lucky insofar as my current interest is by nature an incredible sweet and considerate person =D

--------------------
Perceptible triangles come and go, but the true form of the triangle is immutable and enternal.

Posts: 14 | From: My happy place. (Ireland) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2007 06:21      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

etc, etc.

quote:
Originally posted (a long time ago) by Xanthine:

It's been at least an hour since I saw CommanderShroom's post. I am still hearing Barry White saying "Mmm yeah, baby. Come on over here and taste the rainbow," in my head. This is not good. Not good at all.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2007 09:29      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Word: Confidence.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture