homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » what colors do the ladies like to see on a guy? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: what colors do the ladies like to see on a guy?
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2006 06:21      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
If he has more than 3, forget him, he's gay.

Crap. That means my husband is gay? [Eek!]

Okay, seriously now, he has a brown pair and a black pair of Docs that he wears alternatively to work all week. He has a pair of work boots for walking through sheep poo and other farm stuff (and a pair of rubber boots when its muddy). He has an older pair of dress shoes that he doesn't wear any more (why he still has them, I don't know) and a new pair of Stacy Adams black and white spectators that he got for our wedding. And a pair of running shoes. That's seven. And he's definitely not gay.

And my favorite color on a guy is orange. [crazy]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2006 10:24      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
quote:

Sorry, yes.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2006 10:30      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
quote:

Sorry, yes.
*sob* [Frown]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2006 19:06      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike_INTJ:
i've been researching what colors i should wear. usually i'm in the dark range of color choices, usually solids, in a t-shirt form. i rarily venture into the brighter range. but i've been trying to improve myself bit by bit. started wearing sandals outdoor, i always kept my feet hidden. i once bleached my hair with terrible results (most hated it).

but anway, i've started wearing pinks. and i got a good general reaction to the more open married ladies, who were totally shocked to see me in cotton candy pink.

i'm a white guy, brown curly hair, honey eyes. is there a color that you tend to look at more? like if someone had a specific color on, would your eyes be more likely be locked onto that one color? or is there a color that is universally pukie?

thanks

It definitely depends on the person, their skin tone, other coloring, personality, etc.

Many men do look good in the traditional "manly" colors of black, brown, navy, etc. But that gets old after a while, especially in the summer months. With your coloring, it sounds to me like you would look good in earth tones, browns, amber, tan, rust, etc. But even within those colors, there are certain shades that are more flattering than others. The only way to tell really, is to try them on.

Pink is okay on some men. A lot depends on the man himself. It's not a color I would normally be drawn to on a man, myself, unless he has the confidence to really carry it off and if that particular color looks well with his own coloring.

I suggest you consider changing with the seasons. The darker and jewel tone colors for winter, pastel colors for spring, brighter colors for summer and earth tones for autumn. Makes sense. Just watch out for the particular shades that suit you best.

[Smile]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
@[email protected]
Newbie Larva
Member # 7270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 11:18      Profile for @m@nduh6         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
baby blue makes a person loom calm and secure, and is a really nice color to accentuate your looks. wear that! [Smile]

--------------------
heck yes

Reedius
Mini Geek
Member # 7130

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 11:43      Profile for Reedius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my school there's always one guy(or should i say gay?) wearing pink.
I wear a bit of everything but no yellows, pinks,etc i leave those to girls.

--------------------
Geek or Nerd?

Posts: 55 | From: aveiro, portugual | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 13:29      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i'm a white guy, brown curly hair, honey eyes.
Stop...that right there should be more than enough! Hehe...boys with honey eyes and dark curly hair...mmmm...*melts into a happy little puddle*

Anywho, if you're seriously worried, go with black, its flattering on almost everyone. Wear what you feel good in, it helps you exude self-confidence, which many girls find highly attractive.

Best of Luck!
[Smile]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 15:32      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
It's been at least an hour since I saw CommanderShroom's post. I am still hearing Barry White saying "Mmm yeah, baby. Come on over here and taste the rainbow," in my head. This is not good. Not good at all.

I've got it tagged to one his songs. [crazy]

I like all the advice on colors. I have hazel blue eyes and medium brown hair and I found that wearing a sky blue color really brings my eyes out. But it is hard to find. As for pants my problem is finding a pair that don't sag on me (I'm an odd not even size -- some of the department and discount stores offer only even sizes).

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 16:48      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a belt. Cinch it tight. I don't understand kids these days and their belts around their knees...

Wear colors with balls. I can't stand pastels! Pastels are for people who'd rather not look confident. Buck the trends! More often than not, persons wearing the latest trend in clothing look like fools. Think back to the seventies. Not convinced? Okay, I'll back up my argument with the 60s, the 80s, and the 90s. Just find a style that YOU feel looks good on you and tell the sales-people shove off.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted February 19, 2007 17:02      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I don't use pink (It attracts bees), I strongly recommend it because it's so chic and shows self-confidence. Lite and sea blue are great colors too, but I love the black and white combination elegant, bur for daily use.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 19:09      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're like me and you LIKE bees (they're my favorite bug!!), I recommend fabrics with a high ultraviolet reflectance. Your friends won't notice the difference, but you'll have Apis melifora out the wazoo! (Hopefully not literally- that would be uncomfortable.) Ultraviolet shades will attract pollinators, but not hunting wasps, so it's win-win if you ask me.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2007 19:11      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like colors that accent the natural look of a guy. Anything that makes the skin look healthy and eyes bright.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Katoren
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 7433

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2007 14:04      Profile for Katoren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favourite colour on a guy is black, lately. But I've been wearing too much black myself these days, so it doesn't apply as an objective opinion...
Let's see, I don't really like very strong colors like bright reds or yellows. I find light blue or white a lot nicer. Or browns, those work fine for me too. And if it matches your eyes, then that's great. I personally get a feeling of "yay" inside when someone tells me my clothes match my eyes (usually accompanied with a "suits you" or "looks nice").

Ah, what a pointless first post [Big Grin]

Posts: 3 | From: Spain | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2007 19:18      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katoren:

Ah, what a pointless first post [Big Grin]

[Big Grin]

Much better than mine, I'm sure.

Welcome.

Andres Herrera
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 7536

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2007 20:19      Profile for Andres Herrera   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is my first post , i like girls who are friendly, so techno girls , girls who enjoy to write some code lines .. sound good ..
Posts: 1 | From: COLOMBIA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 9 posted March 11, 2007 08:45      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I'm not the member living the closest to the Equator.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2007 12:17      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andres Herrera:
this is my first post , i like girls who are friendly, so techno girls , girls who enjoy to write some code lines .. sound good ..

quote:
Originally posted by Andres Herrera:

Hello, Andres, welcome to GC. [Smile] If you'd like to introduce yourself to the board at large, there is a thread called All About You in the Other Geeky Stuff forum. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:
Now I'm not the member living the closest to the Equator.

[Frown] Awww. Guess you'll just have to settle for being cute.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture