homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Initiative (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Initiative
appleorange
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:17      Profile for appleorange     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my gf says im not taking initiative.. i presume is about being sweet and all.. what do girls means when they say that? *sighs*
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time *I've* heard a woman tell me that, she was telling me she wanted me to initiate sex more often.

No seriously.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
appleorange
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:24      Profile for appleorange     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only time *I've* heard a woman tell me that, she was telling me she wanted me to initiate sex more often.

No seriously.

But she doesnt like us to get tat physical.. although we are a bit.. i got a feeling its got to do with not making her feel as loved.. or doing certain things?

Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:24      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, Newf? You sure she wasn't talking about armed insurrection in El Salvador? [Wink]

I always take the initiative. It's always me who ends up getting the infra-red goggles, and installing the hidden CCTV across the road from her house, etc.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:34      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Really, Newf? You sure she wasn't talking about armed insurrection in El Salvador? [Wink]

I always take the initiative. It's always me who ends up getting the infra-red goggles, and installing the hidden CCTV across the road from her house, etc.

Really? She doesn't take the initiative on the restraining order? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 09:45      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

Really? She doesn't take the initiative on the restraining order? [Big Grin]
No, I usually take the initiative with the ice pick before then. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 16:47      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, it's good to have you back, Spungo.

But yeah, the initiative thing can be a problem. I know I'm one of the "doesn't take initiative" guys, and really need to fix it. Going with the flow is a good thing, but too much of a good thing is, well, not so good after all.

So, what I'm guessing she means is that she wants you to organise fun things to do together rather than "same old same old". Or alternately, look at what things she is initiating frequently, and start to initiate them yourself.

Of course, you could always ask _her_ what she meant, but that would just be too easy, wouldn't it [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2005 16:53      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned beer and nakedness yet [Wink]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheGirlWonder
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4698

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 11, 2005 20:45      Profile for TheGirlWonder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by appleorange:
my gf says im not taking initiative.. i presume is about being sweet and all.. what do girls means when they say that? *sighs*

Boys, boys, boys. MUST we spell everything out? [Wink]

Just do things for her without being asked (opening doors is a big thing in my book). Surprise her every now and then. **coughcoughFLOWERScoughcough** Kiss her for absolutely no reason. [Big Grin] Make plans for a romantic evening out and surprise her, instead of making her think up plans with you.

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2005 21:24      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dp004i:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned beer and nakedness yet [Wink]

Or rolling for initiative.
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2005 03:30      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a slight snag to all this.

My wife too wants me to be masterful, strong and decisive in a sensitive, yet deeply maculine way. However I must also ensure that any initiatives taken, are also ones that she will be 100% in agreement with, or they will be immediately reversed. So I recommend mind reading, or failing that prior consultation. Surprises, though fine in theory, in practise are not generally a good idea.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2005 06:16      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Calli said!
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Macintox
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 08:50      Profile for Macintox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
There is a slight snag to all this.

My wife too wants me to be masterful, strong and decisive in a sensitive, yet deeply maculine way. However I must also ensure that any initiatives taken, are also ones that she will be 100% in agreement with, or they will be immediately reversed. So I recommend mind reading, or failing that prior consultation. Surprises, though fine in theory, in practise are not generally a good idea.

Why don't the two of you agree upon a safeword for her? [Wink]

--------------------
I wonder what happens when I push that little red button ........

Posts: 4 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2005 09:25      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd think men don't come telepathically enabled by default or something.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lenin
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 02:54      Profile for Lenin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of those things you have to enable in the BIOS.
Posts: 10 | From: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:31      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a pain to find, too.

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:36      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by i_need_a_pillow:
It's a pain to find, too.

Yea it's hidden under a tree of options, not to mention the naming conventions don't make sense.
God must have been a girl

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 12:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Honey, hold still a minute..."

--------------------

frantic_neutrino
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 14:44      Profile for frantic_neutrino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TELEPATH.MAN not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nflucence with large hammer?

*snicker* I'm sorry I couldn't resist...

--------------------
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- Robert Cringley

Posts: 11 | From: Bellingham, WA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 20:30      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hitting them with large hammers does not seem to enable the telepathy option.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 10 posted January 02, 2006 11:10      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FireSnake wrote:
Hitting them with large hammers does not seem to enable the telepathy option.

That means you've tried....

/me makes a mental note to remember to stay on FireSnake's good side

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
JACK
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4829

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted January 17, 2006 07:23      Profile for JACK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey sounds like your lady needs a little pampering, one thing i have noticed about the ladies if they love a nice evening... romantic or comedy film, box of choccies and bottle of wine..
try that and she'll feel loved...

works a charm with my girl everything.. plus give her a nice bouquet of flowers..you'll be adored.

Jack

--------------------
Jack

Cool kind of guy looking for a laugh

fave site : www.areyoulookingupmyskirt.com

Posts: 2 | From: berkshire | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 09:56      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JACK:
works a charm with my girl everything.. plus give her a nice bouquet of flowers..you'll be adored.

Unless she's allergic. [Wink]

Flowers are so transient, though. Call me a bummer (and many folks have) but sitting back and admiring them while they die is a tad morbid to me. Potted plants on the other hand, are fun to plop someplace in the house...treat them well and they flourish. A little more appropriately symbolic if you ask me.

Just don't fall into the "love fern" trap.

(Me, I'm allergic to flowers, but a guy once got me a little potted spiny cactus and I was charmed. Cacti are adorable.)

supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 17, 2006 11:54      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
(Me, I'm allergic to flowers, but a guy once got me a little potted spiny cactus and I was charmed. Cacti are adorable.)

I loved my desk cactus! It was beautiful, about three inches tall and had a beautiful pink top. I'm not sure what happened to it--maybe someone threw it out? [Confused]

Actually I think I'm going to go out and get another one. [crazy]

As for "initiative," she probably thinks that she has to start everything, and you just follow along and say "yes dear." Try sending her a spontaneous email. Or even better, find out what her favorite foods are and then cook her a nice dinner. Learn how to swing dance or salsa dance, and then go out to a club somewhere--it's great excercise, and you'll have much more fun for your $10 than going to see a lame movie.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2006 20:45      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I play "animal of the day". One of us, at some unknown part of the day, initiates it by sneaking up on the other and barking, meowing, howling, hissing, or clawing. Then we pretend to be the said animals for a given time. The other night we were humpback whales. We moaned for about 10 minutes. I'm not sure what the neighbors thought, but I bet they were jealous as all heck.

It keeps things interesting.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture