homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Aye Aye Aye, Things can't be simple eh?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aye Aye Aye, Things can't be simple eh?
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 21:23      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you might remember my previous thread a while back talking about my relationship problems with Sara.
Well I moved on quickly (in typical teenage love fashion) and moved on to a girl more "suited" for me. Well my new love happens to know Sara. They're friends (but most of my gf's knew each other [Roll Eyes] )

Well a month ago Sara messaged me saying she gave up on ignoring me. So I was like, whatever, just friends. Well she wants much more than that. In fact she's declared her "undying love" for me. I have no feelings for this chick anymore. She's well aware of that but she refuses to give up. Even after numerous attemps at "staying friends" she's slipped, using her emotional self to try to get attention out of me.

I've had enough, and last night for the first time ever I blew. I told her that, basically, there was no way in hell we'd ever be together. She didn't care because she refused to give up.

How do I make her go away (that won't send me to prison?)

[Frown]

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 21:34      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Write her a letter expressing how you don't want to hear from her again, and send it High Priority Mail through the USPS and ask to have a receipt of delivery, with a signature on it saying that someone at her household received it.

If she continues to try to make contact with you, press charges for harrasment.

If she tries to say you never told her to leave you alone you have undeniable proof in court.

How do I know this? Experience.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 21:57      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alfrin, how old are you? You say teenage love... maybe you can just tell your parents what is going on and ask them to talk to her parents about it. If the behavior persists, then you will want to take some kind of legal action, and you are going to need to involve them anyway.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 22:06      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am about 14 1/2. I've learned from previous experiences that my parents take nothing of what I speak as serious, and from my experiences with this chick her parents are assholes too. So my only (reasonable, didn't say good) solution to this problem was the "make her hate you" method. It has seemed to work, all my mind games I've perfected over the past year have finally paid off. Not that I'm in anyway proud of acting this way. (EDIT: She still doesn't hate me, or stopped "loving" me, but she's laying off at the moment)

--------------------

Black_Pearls_and_Lace
Geek Larva
Member # 4586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2005 22:53      Profile for Black_Pearls_and_Lace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say legal action is a bit too much considering how young they are.

I say quit the mind games and ignore her as much as you can. The more you play the game, the more involved you stay in the situation, and as long as you are involved to a certain degree, she won't have any incentive to stop. I know how obsessive and emotional I was at 14, so I can tell you that she doesn't know better (and for those of us who are adults, we should try to understand that few are born with self-containment, and that discipline and empathy tend to be acquired skills). If she's not mentally ill, I can assure you that she will stop as soon as she finds someone else to obsess over. In the meanwhile, don't give her any fodder, avoid her, block her, don't take her calls, because if she has nothing to cling on to and feed her obsession on, she'll give up. Time and distance are the best healers. And I can assure you that while I was positively, madly infatuated with someone about 11 years ago, when I was your age, I can barely recall his face now (actually, I barely did after only a year). So don't worry, she won't haunt you forever [Wink]

--------------------
HwÆT, we Gar-Dena in geardagum theodcyninga...

Posts: 28 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 02:58      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
I've learned from previous experiences that my parents take nothing of what I speak as serious, and from my experiences with this chick her parents are assholes too.

I know people have different family situations, but if my son were having this problem, I'd like for him to at least talk to me about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Pearls_and_Lace:

If she is disregarding his requests that she leave him alone and the situation is brought to the attention of her parents, and they don't correct the behavior, what other recourse does he have? She's harrassing him. It's not acceptable behavior. He shouldn't have to tolerate it and try to ignore it. She knows better. People start learning in preschool that if another little kid doesn't want to play with you, you are supposed to leave them alone. And she's not 4, she's 14. Crying in her room is acceptable. Bursting into tears at the sight of Alfrin and fleeing the school cafeteria in embarrassment is acceptable. Stalking and harrassment are not.

Sex charges shake school
I wonder how many people told that girl to just ignore it.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 11:20      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
quote:
I've learned from previous experiences that my parents take nothing of what I speak as serious, and from my experiences with this chick her parents are assholes too.

I know people have different family situations, but if my son were having this problem, I'd like for him to at least talk to me about it.

My parents and I don't have that sort of a relationship sadly, they'd rather never let me have a social life keeping me at home on weekends doing house work. But that's a different storyproblem
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Pearls_and_Lace:

If she is disregarding his requests that she leave him alone and the situation is brought to the attention of her parents, and they don't correct the behavior, what other recourse does he have? She's harrassing him. It's not acceptable behavior. He shouldn't have to tolerate it and try to ignore it. She knows better. People start learning in preschool that if another little kid doesn't want to play with you, you are supposed to leave them alone. And she's not 4, she's 14. Crying in her room is acceptable. Bursting into tears at the sight of Alfrin and fleeing the school cafeteria in embarrassment is acceptable. Stalking and harrassment are not.

Sex charges shake school
I wonder how many people told that girl to just ignore it.

Yes, but I too agree legal action could have negative side effects in said situation. If you recall I said my current girlfriend has a pretty good friendship with her, if I call the cops she'll think I've flipped the boat. If I tell Sara to fsck off she'll be a bit pissed. That's why I stuck to trying to convince this girl to hate me. It's been about a night since she's bugged me last, though within a day she'll be back to reconcile, this time there shall be no reconciliation. Any advice on how to make that clear to her?

--------------------

Wick
Mini Geek
Member # 4608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 11:53      Profile for Wick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*clenches fist* I knew a girl named Sara...she was so sweet...she took my heart and...oh sorry bad memories. Seriously man just ignore the girl. Tell her you are not interested, no need to yell or call her names. Most of the time girls just want some attention. Once you ignore her for awhile she will quit harrassing you. Unless she is crazy...then she may kill you.

--------------------
-= "There comes a time in a man's life when he must roll the dice and except the outcome" =-

Posts: 80 | From: OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 12:19      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignore her? Screw that. I've got the solution for you here in one word:

Threesome.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 12:22      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

Threesome.

Um, with her, screw that.
One Word:
Herpes (her, not me)

Yes I know ignoring her is the way to go, but it's not something I like to do, just wait, her threatening to kill herself is just around the corner.

Maybe she is crazy, I'll start wearing Kevlar.

--------------------

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2005 12:49      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

Threesome.

Um, with her, screw that.
One Word:
Herpes (her, not me)

Ewwwww!

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 05:52      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there is a teacher or an advisor at school you can talk to? It is always a good idea when you are being stalked or harrassed to go to someone with your problem. Trust me on that one.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 08:26      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except for the herpes bit, I have a hard time finding sympathy for you, man. [Razz] You have girls fighting over her - a tad better than I had it when I was in high school. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2005 14:23      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Except for the herpes bit, I have a hard time finding sympathy for you, man. [Razz] You have girls fighting over her - a tad better than I had it when I was in high school. [Wink]

Yep, I'm just a chick magnet, at least crazy ones.
Well it seems she has given up. Luckily for me she doesn't actually goto my school (well, neither does my girlfriend) so I won't have that sort of problem. I just hope she doesn't try again.

--------------------

yolospat
Newbie Larva
Member # 4734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2005 22:35      Profile for yolospat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Easy. Restraining Order. Heh.
Posts: 9 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 09, 2005 23:20      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Frown] [/QB]

Aren't you that dude who seems to take song lyrics way too seriously? In that case, listen to Deliverance by Opeth, that should solve your problem once and for all [Wink]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture