homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » (non)Geek Girls (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: (non)Geek Girls
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 09:10      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had a geek friend! I have the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game, and nobody to play it with! I can't find a geek girl or guy... [weep]
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 09:37      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mel,

One of the others here sharing your avatar, (Zim'et by name), was having the same problem. She got great advice from these forums, which I believe originated with Cap'n Vic. You to might try it, and then post a picture and review to let us know how it went.

Here's the advice: Show up naked, with beer.  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 10:37      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
 -

Is the left smiley humping the right smiley's head?! [Eek!]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 10:45      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not humping, BW, rubbing. The anticipated upcoming nuptuals must have you thinking this way.

This >  - would be humping, but I would never post such a thing on these boards.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 10:54      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This >  - would be humping, but I would never post such a thing on these boards.

[Eek!] [blush]

(I see the "petting" in the previous one now also, maybe if the arm was a different color than the head.)

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 19:00      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
I wish I had a geek friend! I have the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game, and nobody to play it with! I can't find a geek girl or guy... [weep]

Hmm, I didn't know the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game even existed. I'm thinking about the wargame, myself (but takes hours to play, though).

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 18, 2005 23:33      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mel,

One of the others here sharing your avatar, (Zim'et by name), was having the same problem. She got great advice from these forums, which I believe originated with Cap'n Vic. You to might try it, and then post a picture and review to let us know how it went.

What advice was that? I'm confused [ohwell]
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 02:46      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Mel,

I think the advice was based on the emoticon thing - go around rubbing the scalps of people who have round yellow heads. Not sure how it will help find someone to play LOTR Trivial Pursuit with but anything is worth a shot.

Maybe gg goes around rubbing bald yellow people's heads when he wants something. If it works for him, it might work for you [Razz]

Posts: 1151 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 09:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Mel,

This is the ultimate, never fail, pickup move:

-

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
wolverine
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 11:17      Profile for wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just met a very beautiful girl at a party. I wasn't introduced so I introduced myself after some flirting I sent her way. She liked it and we talked (together with 2 of her girl friends). She ended up giving me her email!
She's in the legal profession, so she's not a geek girl as far as I'm aware so far. Perhaps she has some geeky interests (here's to hoping) but I don't know yet. I have actually recently 'improved' my appearance (no greasy hair etc, visited the dentist, etc plus I'm not as shy as I was and I'm more daring now) so that might have greatly helped.

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2005 14:31      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wolvo - best of luck!!!

If I may offer a little impertinent advice???? Your website is really nice, but don't tell her about it for a while. If she is already geeky you have nothing to lose, and if she is anti-geek nothing will help, BUT... if she likes you, and you allow a little time to get to know each other, who knows what may develop? Mrs Grummash didn't like Prog Rock or folk music when we first met, but know she loves Pink Floyd and Sandy Denny. FWIW, this is my $0.02

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
wolverine
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2005 23:55      Profile for wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's what I thought too. Nope she wasn't my type after all..
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 20, 2005 02:28      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
Wolvo - best of luck!!!

When I first read this I thought, "since when did we start talking about Swedish cars?"

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

christina
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4433

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 08:13      Profile for christina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey im a girl and i suppose i slightly geeky but not a total geek and ive always been reali attracted to more geekier geeks.... its just reali hot!!!! seriously!!! personali i love music!!!but everythin works together!!!

--------------------
christinaxxx

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 12:47      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by christina:
hey im a girl and i suppose i slightly geeky but not a total geek and ive always been reali attracted to more geekier geeks.... its just reali hot!!!! seriously!!! personali i love music!!!but everythin works together!!!

Sorry girl, but it has to be said before you really get yelled at. Most geek guys prefer a girl who can
A:) Spell
B:) Construct basic sentences.
C:) Know of punctuation marks OTHER than "!"

As said before in many other topics, this is not a AOL chatroom, you don't have a certain time to respond, take your time to construct a sentence, run it through a spellchecker, and don't use shorthand AOLisms.

Thank You
Alfrin

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
wolverine
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 14:10      Profile for wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's funny how things turn out.
I corresponded with a non-geek girl I knew years ago at school, at least I think she's non-geek but I can't tell yet, and we really hit it off... So much that she asked me out and I said yes and off we went on our first date (I couldn't believe it at first)!

Perhaps I'll suggest going to the movies to watch Serenity..

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 14:33      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry girl, but it has to be said before you really get yelled at. Most geek guys prefer a girl who can

As said before in many other topics, this is not a AOL chatroom, you don't have a certain time to respond, take your time to construct a sentence, run it through a spellchecker, and don't use shorthand AOLisms.

Thank You
Alfrin

Alfrin....Firm, but fair [Razz]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 14:39      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Thank You
Alfrin

Alfrin....Firm, but fair [Razz]
I honestly don't believe there is a nice way at all to say that, but it still has to be said.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 16:59      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, interesting stuff. I tend to drift towards artsy geeks myself, even though I am a science geek. I don't even try it; it just happens. And, it is true what they say. Geek guys prefer women who can meet the basics which is what is stated. It also helps if they shun AOL, and even better if they have cable.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 18:46      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nicely said alfrin.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 20:32      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChildeRoland:
quote:
Wolvo - best of luck!!!

When I first read this I thought, "since when did we start talking about Swedish cars?"
Swedish? I thought Volvo was German.

Man I feel stupid.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ubergeekprincess
Geek Larva
Member # 4428

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 20:34      Profile for ubergeekprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh...and thus the real difference between men and women is revealed, practically every man(geek or non-geek) I've ever spoken to(online and in real life), the first thing they talk about is appearance. With very few exceptions, the women are just the opposite..personality first, appearance second(or not important.) Ah well, nature of the beast I suppose. (by the way...most of what I say is to be taken tongue firmly in cheek, so no insult intended! [Smile] )

--------------------
ubergeekprincess...why? because if ya have to be a geek, you may as well be royalty:)

Posts: 22 | From: NM | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
The White Tree
Geek
Member # 4040

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2005 21:00      Profile for The White Tree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no. It isn't like that at all. Of course appearance is important, but so is personality even moreso. That is why geek girls are so cool. They have a rich personality, not some crappy conceited personality. Ah who am I kidding. That is how most guys are, me excluded.
Posts: 201 | From: York, PA, residing/school at NNPTC at NWS Charleston, SC. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fayted
Newbie Larva
Member # 4497

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2005 22:44      Profile for Fayted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zim'et:
Originally posted by Shriver:
quote:
In fact, I have always been interested in girls more active than I am.
Not all geeks are pasty-legged blobs that just camp out in front of their computers. I'm much more active than most of the "regular" girls where I live. I camp, hike, backpack, play racquet ball, and lift weights. To assume that geek girls could not keep you in shape seems like an appalling generality.
i completely agree. i'm a geek, but i'm a cheerleader, too. and most of my girl-geek friends are in sports of some kind- tennis, basketball, w/e. if you think we can't keep up with you, i dare you to challange us to a game of floor hockey! [Wink]
Crewgeekette
Mini Geek
Member # 4506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2005 23:06      Profile for Crewgeekette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I can reply to this (even though I'm young lol) a girl can be, and I'm using a word my friends say all the time (LOL) "hottie" and still be smart. So she doesn't wear glasses and has a passion for fashion, that doesn't mean she doesn't know HTML and how to make graphics and loves sports, and for all you know she could be wearing contacts. [Embarrassed] )

Besides, being a geek is fun and all but people just becuase someone wears glasses and is fugly looking doesn't mean they are a true geek! lol
They could just be really dumb. Just because someone looks good doesn't make them a ditz. AND looks fade, but the heart will always be the same.

I'm a "geekette" and I'm on a crew team and told I'm pretty all the time (don't take that the wrong way please, I'm not as self-centered as I sound lol) point is, don't judge a person on the out side...well except the strange dude on the corner of the rode, just stay away from him! [Embarrassed] )

sweet candy and pretty puddles!

Shannon

--------------------
SHOUT OUTS TOO: KD my sister, my friend...my alarm clock. lol

Posts: 71 | From: Under an apple tree in fall | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture