homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » The Rules of Attraction (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: The Rules of Attraction
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 06:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
I met my husband in our calculus class. I barely passed that class and he got a B. We've been together for almost four years now.

<bad-fake-french-accent>
Vive la differentiation !
</bad-fake-french-accent>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 01, 2004 18:56      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't met my "husband" yet... but if I were to meet him somewhere... I would like to meet a guy at CES this JAN. I like guys who attend all of those fun geeky seminars. I like coders, and anyone who can quote movies like Evil Dead and so forth. Geek Guys are just flippin' HOT. I am a GEEK GIRL... so only a GEEK BOY would make me happy. =]
 -

Posts: 28 | From: ID | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 19:07      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, methinks someone will get a few PMs after that little entrance [Wink]

Anyway, welcome to the GC forums, and enjoy your time here!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2004 19:54      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allow me to pick my jaw up off the floor and welcome you to our humble home.

/swoon

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 06:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic got "First post" on her forum

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 02, 2004 08:00      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chick2geek:
 -

You're smart and look that hot and *haven't* been able to find a geek guy?!! I would have thought you'd be beating us off with a large stick, maybe even hiring a minder!

You know where to find me [Wink]

Posts: 1151 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 08:41      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Cap'n Vic got "First post" on her forum

I'd say that deserves a big, wet, sloppy kiss [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 09:03      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
I'd say that deserves a big, wet, sloppy kiss [Big Grin]

*MMWWAAAAHHHH*

oh, you meant from her? [blush]

Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 12:12      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to want guys who, on top of being at least a little physically attractive, love comic books, preferably DC (not a huge fan of Marvel), are movie addicts, video game lovers (Fight Club comes out this month!), and are very liberal. Although that wasn't a very coherent sentence, I feel that I included all of my turn-ons. Oh! Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain is always good too. I meet a lot of guys sort of like this at the comic book store that I work at, and have even been asked out by a few recently, but I'm still missing that indefinable flutter in the stomach. I suppose, all other things aside, I am interested in guys who, while holding all of the afore mentioned qualities, can make me blush and stutter like a fool.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 02, 2004 15:43      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Csk
Cap’n Vic
Mac D
Stibbons
Mercy... you know how to make a GEEK GIRL blush. I feel so welcome!!! Cap'n Vic and MacD, thanks for the posts. As you can see... my website is still "under the weather". But if you ever want to find me or any other geek girl... you can always come and pop on in! I know, I know... I SHOULD be beating them off with a stick. I think that men are intimidated with brains... before they were intimidated by blonde hair and big boobs... it seems that my level of intelligence makes some men... feel... well... small. I guess I shouldn't have worn that t-shirt on my last date. My t-shirt had "You're dumb" in binary code on it. He didn't get it, even when I tried to explain it to him. I thought it was hilarious... hence... why geek guys are more attractive in my eyes. Brains before Buffness... that's what I say!
 -

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 15:53      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know, I know... I SHOULD be beating them off with a stick.

Well, that's one way to do it I guess [Wink]

Nah, geek girls are cool. I actually know of two that own
one of these , understand it, and think it's funny/clever.

/Both married, sorry [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 02, 2004 15:53      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know, I know... I SHOULD be beating them off with a stick

Hell, let me know where ID is and you can beat me off with a stick any day...

Maybe shouldn't admit that [Wink] [Razz]

EDIT: Damn, csk beat me by a microsecond to that joke [Frown]

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 16:00      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:

Either she lives in a portion of your psyche (or csk's more likely [Wink] ) or she comes from potato land... [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 16:04      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:

Either she lives in a portion of your psyche (or csk's more likely [Wink] ) or she comes from potato land... [Razz]
Think I'd know if she was in here with me, and csk doesn't seem to know her, so Idaho it is (/me proudly shows off lack of knowledge on US states with probably the wrong guess [Wink] ) Dang, thats a bit out of the way for me - I'll just go back to our "cutest cox" competition then [Razz]
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 17:44      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn am I too old or what. I was of the age when geeks wore pocket protecters and knew how to use Slide Rules, in fact I still have my old Log/Log dual base Pickett & Eckle I should put it in a case and mount it on a wall. You sure are a nice looking geekett though.

So Saith TheMoMan

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 18:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me suspects Spungo's up to his old tricks [evil]

(a far nicer picture this time though Spungo [thumbsup] )

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 18:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW....I did a little cyber stalking, and if is the case, he has gone to extreme lengths.....trust me.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:07      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
/me suspects Spungo's up to his old tricks [evil]

(a far nicer picture this time though Spungo [thumbsup] )

What? Did I miss something here? [Confused]

I thought I was the one with multiple online personalities?

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 02, 2004 19:08      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... so question for all you cute geek boyz. (Even you csk, married and all) What kind of chicks do you look for? Are you looking for geek chicks? Are you looking for a barbie to hang on your arms, or a Pamela Anderson Lee Play Toy? Honestly... this is for posterity's sake...so please... be honest. =-]

By the way... you all were right... I am in ID. However... I'm a NY native. I moved out here 2 years ago. (How is that for too much personal information, too soon) he he he
I miss a good ol' slice of NY cheese pizza.
 -

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:14      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Honestly... this is for posterity's sake...so please... be honest. =-]

Sweet! Another Princess Bride fan? I think we'll get along well. [Big Grin]

Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

-If there are, we'll all be dead!

No more rhymes now, I mean it!

-Anybody want a peanut?
[crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 02, 2004 19:19      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You mocked me once... never do it again! I died that day! And you can die too for all I care!"

"Asssssssssss yooooooouuuuu wwwwiiiisssshhhhhhh"

"Oh my poor sweet Wesley.. what have I done?"
(Grunts and umphs as she throws herself down the side of the steep hill)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh YEAH! You Rock! I love movie quotes!
 -

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:21      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, for one, welcome our geeky, female Princess-Bride-quoting overlords!

As for what attracts me to the opposite sex, it's a work in progress. I'm trying to get out of the habit of being romantically attracted to emotionally needy people[1], but I haven't worked out what to replace it with yet.

Not that there's anything wrong with emotionally needy people per se, but being attracted to their neediness itself is unhealthy.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 02, 2004 19:29      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooooo...csk, are you saying... because of your tendencies to gravitate toward needy chick-a-doos.... that you actually married one? If so, is it draining the life out of you?
Man, if so... that would suck. Maybe I'm too tough, but DRAMA is pathetic. I figure there are enough soap operas out there... who needs to have one in their lives? Not me!
The minute a guy wants to play "poor me" or "I'm scarred for life, boo hoo" etc... it makes me sick. I say BUCK UP and GROW UP.

CSK, what you need to replace it with is a chick who is willing to give as much as she takes... who will share her atari controller with you, or let you finish the rest of her BAWLS drink... you know... someone who does not suck the life out of you... but makes it more fun!
Am I rambling? You just let me know if I'm rambling... am I rambling? =]
 -

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2004 19:43      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you've read a bit much into too few words. Let me explain, without dragging the gory details into it. Suffice it to say that I'm questioning my whole pattern of attraction to people throughout my circa 30 years of life.

There have been two commonalities. One, the person has shown signs of being attracted to me. Two, the person has shown emotionally needy signs. My theory on why on earth I would be attracted to the second characteristic is that it would guarantee relationship security. This, of course, is a false assumption.

I'm not one to go "Boo hoo, my life has been ruined forever by relationships gone wrong", but I am one to work out how I need to change if ever I'm back on the relationship market again. And if I can't even think of any particular traits I find attractive about someone, then I've got a long long way to go.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 02, 2004 20:43      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries csk, I got the cut of your jib. I was not refering to you as one of the "boo hoo" men I have dealt with before. I was just saying that I too feel your pain. =]

It is hard when dramatics are pulled in. but hey, like you said. you are 30 years old. I'm 29... don't give up on yourself so easily... then you give me no hope. =]

Well, if ever you need a listening ear to blather into... my ear is pretty clean. I can't say I give the best advice... I'm not like the average Chick... but I listen well.

-

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture