homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Girls, Girls, Girls!   » Ok... I doubt anyone will believe me.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ok... I doubt anyone will believe me..
icee_donut
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 22:48      Profile for icee_donut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*laughs* six months isn't that long. Some of us may have never had a gf/bf. So that means no physical or emotional affection and the fact that your friends would tease you about it if they knew. On a brigher note that could mean err... this person doesn't know what he's missing so it may not be as bad.
Anyways, congrats, go you, maybe there's hope out there for the rest of us...

--------------------
so beats the final coda... of a vinyl storm... one more cherry cola... to lift up her dead arms

Posts: 13 | From: Adelaide | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 23:53      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
Originally posted by Lumina Manson:
quote:
OK, now I'm confused. How did we get from my comments to Jace being afraid
How come you don't know better than to ask that question? [crazy]
I must be really slow lately, I still don't get it [Confused]
Honestly I dont understand either, but believe me, you got me running for the door!!!
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2004 23:53      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
OK, now I'm confused. How did we get from my comments to Jace being afraid
How come you don't know better than to ask that question? [crazy]
I must be really slow lately, I still don't get it [Confused]
Honestly I dont understand either, but believe me, you got me running for the door!!!

P.S. I'm taken again. YAY!

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 22, 2004 01:00      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that you don't get it is proof! I'm unpredictable, therefor un-understandable half the time, much like now! [crazy]
Just blame it on the fact that I'm just plain nutty. [Razz]

--Still [Confused] ? You should be, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 01:03      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, this explanation is as elusive as a sighting of MTB Babe's butt...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 22, 2004 01:31      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But everyone would rather have MTB Babe's butt than a lucid explination from me. [Smile]

--You know it's true, C.P.

--------------------

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 01:38      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But everyone would rather have MTB Babe's butt than a lucid explination from me. [Smile]

--You know it's true, C.P.

At least you not in denial
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2004 21:25      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<can't resist>

Is that a hadron in your packet or are you just happy to see me?

Feel like exchanging pions?

</screw it.>

anyway, congrats D the M! [thumbsup]

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 02:35      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icee_donut:
*laughs* six months isn't that long. Some of us may have never had a gf/bf.

Yeah, but chances are, those that haven't are still fairly young (teenagers, most likely). Try being 24 and not having been out on a date for 3 years. Eventually you give up wondering what exactly is wrong with you, and become reclusive, bitter, and confrontational.

Then you start to stalk high school cheerleaders, kidnap them, kill them, and violate them in every orifice except the correct one.

Er, ignore that last paragraph [evil] .

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 02:43      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes, when you have time to yourself and then you get with someone, you remember why being single was alright. [Razz]

--I feel dirty, C.P.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 02:54      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by icee_donut:
*laughs* six months isn't that long. Some of us may have never had a gf/bf. So that means no physical or emotional affection and the fact that your friends would tease you about it if they knew.

Yep, that was me. Was basically girlfriendless until I was at least 21. Apart from which, lets just say that no kittens around me were in danger until I was no longer girlfriendless. Talk about a walking, talking ball of frustration. Don't try this at home, kids.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

icee_donut
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 04:53      Profile for icee_donut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then you start to stalk high school cheerleaders, kidnap them, kill them, and violate them in every orifice except the correct one.
Hmm... interesting. We don't really have cheerleaders here in Australia so that wouldn't work too well. BTW would you violate them before or after you killed them... wait I don't think I want to know...

--------------------
so beats the final coda... of a vinyl storm... one more cherry cola... to lift up her dead arms

Posts: 13 | From: Adelaide | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 14:10      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Slurpy:

Not that there's anything wrong with that ! [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 14:23      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And under the new Bush tax cuts, chloroform is deductable! [evil]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Democritus the Minor
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2620

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 24, 2004 15:37      Profile for Democritus the Minor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... the last time I looked at this thread, it had like 5 posts!!

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Cyclops:
<can't resist>

Is that a hadron in your packet or are you just happy to see me?

Feel like exchanging pions?

</screw it.>

anyway, congrats D the M! [thumbsup]

Gee, thanks, doc! I realize that 6 months isn't that long, and didn't really mean to bitch. I just think it's funny that I meet someone after all that trying, and she hooks me up within 2 weeks...

pickup line for math chicks?
"baby, can I be tangent to your curves?" [Big Grin]

--------------------
We are 1447. We are better than 1337.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago 'Burbs | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 17:22      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There's a correct one? Must have missed the memo...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 22:06      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo.
Yeahh.
*slurps coffee*

My favorite geek pickup lines:

"Whats a nice girl like you doing in a nth dimensional place like this"

"Wanna test coupled wave theory?"

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 03:54      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Cyclops:
Ooo.
Yeahh.
*slurps coffee*

What did you just do to me? [Eek!]

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
weensicka
Geek
Member # 1436

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 07:56      Profile for weensicka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Try being 24 and not having been out on a date for 3 years. Eventually you give up wondering what exactly is wrong with you, and become reclusive, bitter, and confrontational.

But, you are forgetting the most important part of singledom--there is nothing wrong with you. It's natural to question whether there was something you did to make a relationship go awry, or what is it about you that members of the opposite sex flee from, but really, it's not you. That's a hard thing to believe in--especially when you date people that *tell* you that you're to blame on a daily basis (sorry, projecting!)--but once you realize it's not your fault, stalking and killing cheerleaders no longer becomes necessary.

I too have and still worship at the altar of bitterness, but I have to believe something good comes of all this. If anything, slurpy, I'll be happy to commiserate with you.

--------------------
Is there any tea on this spaceship?

Posts: 182 | From: oh, just somewhere random | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 16:42      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weensicka:
But, you are forgetting the most important part of singledom--there is nothing wrong with you. It's natural to question whether there was something you did to make a relationship go awry, or what is it about you that members of the opposite sex flee from, but really, it's not you. That's a hard thing to believe in--especially when you date people that *tell* you that you're to blame on a daily basis (sorry, projecting!)--but once you realize it's not your fault, stalking and killing cheerleaders no longer becomes necessary.

She's right, Slurpy. Having been told "It's your fault we're splitting up, you've brought this on yourself" by my wife, those words echoed in my head for days. In fact, they still do. Presuming we end up divorcing (fairly safe presumption, unfortunately), then at some stage I'll have to consider whether I'll start dating again.

Unfortunately, I remember when I was looking for someone all too well. I had my own little version of Heisenberg going, where I would act totally differently around anyone I liked, which would drive them away. Apart from my general cluelessness around potential females that has been well established in other threads.

So what's my point? I'm not sure myself. I know I'm not looking forward to the possibility of being single again, and even if I were to look, I hold very little hope of finding anyone else. But to blame oneself, and dwell on that blame is destructive, so I'd recommend avoiding that trap (remembered my point after all!).

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 19:00      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
I hope she bakes your cookies. Or at least I hope you penetrate her firewall.

OK I'm done.

Actually, hopefully the firewall holds up and blocks all packets. At least until he is ready for a child process.

quote:
So what's my point? I'm not sure myself. I know I'm not looking forward to the possibility of being single again, and even if I were to look, I hold very little hope of finding anyone else.

Single is not a bad state to be in. I broke up with my most recent boyfriend back in January. (Not to imply that I dumped him or anything, it was more a mutual decision. Except now he wants to undo it, and as a result refuses to acknowledge it, and there was a rather bitter exchange when I told him that my mom had wanted me to make sure to tell him that even though we had split up, he was still welcome at family events and that sort of thing, and he wanted to know when exactly I had "announced" this to my mother, even though we split up in January and I'm not a huge believer in publicly announcing my entire personal life to everyone I know in some kind of running commentary, but I didn't realize that this was a state secret and my parents weren't on the need-to-know list, and anyway, he's mad at me and sulking because I told my mom we had split up and he thought if he ignored it that I would come to my senses and we could go back to being comfortably miserable. But I digress.)

Anyway, my point is, single has definite advantages. You can watch the movies you like. You don't have to make a choice between hanging around wasting hours being bored when you want to be doing something productive or the "why don't you want to spend time with me?" guilt trip. You can eat pizza in bed with your laptop and no one complains. And you can get it with whatever toppings you want (the pizza.) You can just get up and go to the store, or the post office, or to get a cup of coffee without having to tell anyone you are going somewhere.

It's truly not possible to describe the freedom. At first it's a bit scary, and if you've never had it, you might not know what to make of it. But you will get used to it. Honestly, I really didn't even want to get into this past relationship. I really hate and detest them in general. I knew I didn't want it, but I was sucked into the "everyone wants relationships, so I should try this again" mindset.

There are down sides. In the beginning, stuff like having the whole bed to yourself, and just the presence of that other person being gone. No more them forgetting to put their toothbrush in the holder. Only one coffee cup in the sink. But that passes. But that's missing a person, not the situation really. I can only think of one time I really missed having someone. I got home, after working late, and walked into a cold, dark, empty apartment. And for a minute, I wished I had someone to come home to. Not anyone in specific, just someone. So I put on some music, and lit a couple candles, took a hot shower, and by the time I was in my pajamas with a cup of tea, it didn't seem so empty anymore.

I guess that was a lot of rambling. But I was trying to say, it's really not so bad. It's a fantastic opportunity to really get to know yourself. Don't worry about looking for and finding someone. If someone comes along, that's great. If they don't, you will be just fine alone. Remember, lonely and alone are not the same thing at all. It's possible to be far lonelier laying in bed with someone right next to you than it is simply being by yourself.

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 19:26      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Try being 24 and not having been out on a date for 3 years. Eventually you give up wondering what exactly is wrong with you, and become reclusive, bitter, and confrontational.

Or being 22 and never having had a date.... ever. [Frown]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 11:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being single ain't so bad. I admit, I hated it when I was in HS, but in the ~ 2 years between the end of a really shitty relationship and the beginning of my current one I didn't date anyone, and didn't really care. I found it very liberating - I suddenly had more free time to indulge in activities I'd had to forgo to take care of my ex, and if I wanted to go and do something, or hang out with other friends, I didn't have a coordination game to play or guilt trip awaiting me after I'd had my fun. I also didn't have to feel guilty about the time I spent studying or working or volunteering. I didn't have the stress of helping someone else through a bad day, or the guilt trip being laid on for doing well in a class where he was failing, or deal with snide jealous comments when I (gasp!!) waved and said hi to a male friend he didn't know. I had the freedom of just being me, and that's a wonderful thing, though it may sound a bit selfish. However, if you can't be yourself, who can you be? There were times when I missed the physical contact parts of a relationship (and there are times now when I miss that...LDRs aren't easy) but I think I really grew as a person in those years.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 12:07      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Being single ain't so bad.

...ain't so great, either...

quote:

LDRs aren't easy.

Yeah? Tell me about it...
Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 12:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me brews up another cup of tea and gives it to hey-U

*sigh*

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture