homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Why are women so difficult? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Why are women so difficult?
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 09:42      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been attracted to bad boys. They just never had any appeal, to me. I am attracted to a range of other types, but my favorite are shy, skinny geeks with a funny sense of humor. [Smile]

Well, that or Travis Fimmel. [Razz] [thumbsup]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 10:50      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
There are lots of men who date empty-headed hotties and good-looking gold-diggers and then can't figure out why they are unsatisfied or unhappy. And do it all over again.

Nooo - they know exactly why they are unsatisfied [Smile]

I'm not defending men here, btw. My male co-workers frequently make me just want to smack them for being such creeps. I'm just saying that from my experience there is a serious trend towards the bad-boy type (and you're right - towards the ditzy blonde, too).

To those of us that pick up the pieces, this is annoying. At least the men who date the gold diggers and the airheads are (literally) only in it for appearences, the women who date bad boys get hurt.

And good for you, boo [Smile] I'm glad there are some women pre-equipped with sense in this world. I expect a large number of them are here [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 11:30      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
At least the men who date the gold diggers and the airheads are (literally) only in it for appearences, the women who date bad boys get hurt.

Ok, dating airheads probably won't get you hurt too badly (though I'm not convinced those guys are completely aware of why they are unsatisfied in their relationships) but gold-diggers, or anyone that is using affection and attention as a tool to manipulate someone else into giving them what they want, can cause a lot of hurt. It seems like a lot of otherwise smart, successful, together people (men and women) repeatedly make bad choices. The kind of bad choice that everyone around them can spot but they seem unable to identify themselves. I think it's simplistic to dismiss it as "men are attracted to blondes" or "women are attracted to bad boys" when there are so many things that contribute to the partners we choose: the models our parents provided, how we feel about ourselves, social mores, media stereotypes, etc. Men are affected by all those things too. Women tend to suffer greater physical abuse than men (for a number of reasons) and they also tend to talk about their relationships and be more emotionally expressive about them (generalizations, folks) so I think that those bad relationships get more visibility.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 11:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
It seems like a lot of otherwise smart, successful, together people (men and women) repeatedly make bad choices. The kind of bad choice that everyone around them can spot but they seem unable to identify themselves.

Like they say -- Love is a retard.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 11:41      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's Spungo FTW [Smile]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 11:56      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
I think it's Spungo FTW [Smile]

I concur.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:27      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err... btw -- wtf is ftw? [Confused]

--------------------

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:36      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fsck The World

Not sure how that fits in the thread though. [Razz]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm... no.

It means "For The Win"

*I can be elaborating*

In this case, spungo wins the conversation because he got it right. Love is retarded and nobody has ever made sense of it, nor will anyone do so in the future.

Consider it job security for poets and song writers.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:39      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Umm... no.

It means "For The Win"

edit: ok, got it. sorry. had a textual mishap there... (I'm having some rubble getting my worms out today).

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:40      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*edit*

GRAAAAHAAHAHAHAAHHHHHH!!!

Hulk smash puny race condition!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:49      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Umm... no.

It means "For The Win"

Actually yes. Just depends on the circles you run with. FTW always meant Fsck The World the people I ran with. It was only after I got the wonderific Intarweb did I ever hear the For The Win acronym. I guess that is the beauty of Acronyms. Toss out some letters, make a phrase. It is all right.

FTW
Flavored Tepid Water
From The Waiter
Fran The Waitress
Forgettable Tongue Wrestler

Try it, you'll like it

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2472 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:50      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finger the Walrus!

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:53      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try to avoid running in circles. It makes me too dizzy. [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 14:16      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
quote:
Umm... no.

It means "For The Win"

Actually yes. Just depends on the circles you run with. FTW always meant Fsck The World the people I ran with. It was only after I got the wonderific Intarweb did I ever hear the For The Win acronym. I guess that is the beauty of Acronyms. Toss out some letters, make a phrase. It is all right.

FTW
Flavored Tepid Water
From The Waiter
Fran The Waitress
Forgettable Tongue Wrestler

Try it, you'll like it

Ever play Acrophobia, Shroom?

I haven't played in a long time, but it was a fun game.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 15:11      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say I have, but it does look like it would be a lot of fun.

--------------------
Has one of us confessed?
Buried in our chest

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 17:27      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Err... btw -- wtf is ftw? [Confused]

I've always seen it used as the first one .. with the letters moved a bit.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 20:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fly to Wales

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3753 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture