homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » I'm married! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I'm married!
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 01:26      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wonderful Rhonnie!!

Congrats to you and bear,many many years!!

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 02:51      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Wishing you both all happiness.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 06:14      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww! Congratulations! (((hugs))) [hearts]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 09:10      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything and everyone looked lovely! Congratulations again! Best wishes to you and hubby! [Smile]
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 09:11      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my!

I seem to be late to the party

Well never mind. Congratulations Rhonwyyn and all the best, hope you had a wonderful day and a great honeymoon.

[Applause]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 09:15      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, thanks for all your good wishes, everyone! We really enjoyed our wedding and honeymoon. Jonathan and I spent last night unpacking and putting things away. Well, actually he was putting things away; I was in bed 'cause I didn't feel good at all. It's weird. The last two nights I've been feeling like I have cramps, but they're in my stomach, not down around my uterus. Jonathan's been awfully sweet about it and just let me rest.

Gatlinburg was a blast! Even with no snow. The weather was really nice for walking around. We played three games of mini-golf, visited Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum, Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies (totally awesome. If you're ever down there, go see it!!), Guiness Museum of World Records, and WonderWorks. WonderWorks was totally crazy. We spent four hours there, but we definitely could've stayed longer. From the outside it looks like a mansion was flipped upside down and landed roof-first in the ground. Inside it has hundreds of interactive exhibits, including a hurricane house (hurricane-strength winds) and an earthquake diner (6.0 on the Richter scale).

We made breakfast in our cabin (way up on a mountainside, very cozy and comfortable; we'll go there again if we have a chance), then ate dinners in town. I had the best prime rib ever at a steak and rib restaurant called Calhoun's. I've never liked prime rib, so I was leery of ordering it, but Jonathan said I'd like it, and he was right. It was absolutely the best meat I had all week. On Friday night we went to the Black Bear Jamboree, the only dinner theatre open at all that week. I wasn't sure how Jonathan would like it, but he really enjoyed himself. I was feeling a little down that night (yeah, I'm a real nutcase) so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, but for my first dinner theatre experience it was a good one. I'd like to go to the Dutch Apple or Rainbow (local dinner theatres) sometime.

We drove through Smokey Mountain National Park on Friday. It started raining really heavily as we got higher up in the mountains, but it was still fun. Jonathan took a lot of pictures and I was able to get a few on my cell phone. One is uploaded already; I need to upload the others. The Smokies are absolutely beautiful! Check back at my Photobucket account in a few days 'cause I'll put up the other pictures from TN in there too.

Yesterday afternoon we opened wedding presents at Mom's house and brought them over here. We have them almost put away. I need to get drywall nails so I can hang things on the walls. Once I have them decorated, I'll feel like we're finally moved in and settled here.

I have to be at Engle Publishing on Stony Battery Road at 2pm for my orientation today. I start full-time tomorrow at 8am. I'll be salaried and working 8-4, with comp time if I have to cover an evening event. I'm planning to pick up my stuff at Clipper after orientation today, and I'm kinda nervous about it, but ya know what? Once I have my stuff out of there, there won't be any reason for me to go back. I'll be finished with them completely.

I didn't tell you about Engle? I interviewed with them on Thursday before our wedding rehearsal, initially for a part-time proofreading position, but they called back later that day and offered me a full-time position as a feature writer. I'm looking forward to actually interacting with people as part of my job, but also getting a chance to write. It should be fun, I hope. [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 09:17      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As they say in my part of the mountains.

Félicitations!

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 08, 2007 10:18      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me that Jonathan is nothing but good luck for you! So (belated) congratulations for being married, and a second round for the new job!

(Oh, and I hear it's normal to feel down a bit after a wedding - as the stress level goes down, all the impact comes back with a vengeance. So don't feel too bad about it, just relax and get better. Plus, now that you're married, I'm sure you'll find ways to thank Jonathan! [evil] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 10:25      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats and best wishes!
Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 10:54      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn wrote:
I didn't tell you about Engle? I interviewed with them on Thursday before our wedding rehearsal, initially for a part-time proofreading position, but they called back later that day and offered me a full-time position as a feature writer. I'm looking forward to actually interacting with people as part of my job, but also getting a chance to write. It should be fun, I hope. [Smile]

It sounds like a second round of congratulations are in order so... congratulations! [Applause]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 12:48      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My apologies for being late to the party also Rhonnie. Congratulations to you two! The pictures/scientific evidence look great!
Congratulations on the new job also, you will have to tell us about it as you settle in and start your first piece!
[Applause]

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 13:18      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I had the best prime rib ever at a steak and rib restaurant called Calhoun's........It was absolutely the best meat I had all week.

I am so sorry. [blush]

</channeling spungo>

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2007 15:48      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on your new job as well! [Applause] I saw the one pic you have of Gatlinburg. I live in flatlands but I love mountains. Hope you are settling in. [Smile]

Tominfla aka tamiflu or tominflo

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 00:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(belated) congratulations Rhonnie !

So, any 'scientific evidence' of the wedding night?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 03:17      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Rhonnie,

Congratulations! Looks like a wonderful wedding. I particularly like the picture of you and your brother; I think the colors of the bouquet contrasted well with the black and white clothing. (And if the bouquet is any indication, the flowers must have been lovely.) The bridesmaid's dresses were very nice, yours was gorgeous. For some reason I thought you had opted for one without beadwork on the front.

Congratulations on the new job, too!

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2007 05:32      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the compliments, fs! You have a good memory; I almost bought a fairly simple cream satin dress, but my youngest sister was super-enthusiastic about the other one. Once I saw the dress I ended up wearing in the wedding under the "reception lighting" at the bridal shop, I was sold. The crystals that aren't really noticeable in full light sparkle under dimmer light. Very fun.

TFD: Scientific evidence? What happened is for Bear and me to know and you never to find out. (Although, I'm itching to brag to someone!)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture