homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » love problems (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: love problems
csigeek
Geek Larva
Member # 5085

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 23, 2006 08:16      Profile for csigeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am nearly 21 years old, and never had a boyfriend which is pretty depressing.

Men never seem to think of me in that way, not had any admirers.

I have been on a training course, and met a great guy, who I think is perfect. He says I am really pretty (which no one has said that before) - and just my luck he has a girlfriend!
I feel so upset about it!

Posts: 23 | From: Norfolk, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 08:44      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...that's life. [Smile] It sucks...and you just have to deal with it. :-/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 10:45      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At 21 you may think you're pretty old to not have a boyfriend. The fact is you're still very young and have many years ahead of you to meet new people and find someone. You should enjoy your youth instead of worrying about whether you're "attached" to someone.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted August 23, 2006 11:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good thing about life is, you don't have to just deal with it. You can make small changes and efforts that can have big effects.

If the great guy thinks you are pretty, you are. And if you can focus on that confidence that has given you, I think you will find people who like themselves attract admirers.

It seems to me that you are trying. Posting here is a good step, and so is getting out in the world, but like GMx says, you don't have to be consumed with finding someone. Chances are you will find someone while getting on with the business of enjoying your life. [Smile]

...so sayith this romantic fool. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 17:43      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I'm nearly 23, and never had a girlfriend.
Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 18:32      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm nearly 24 and the same

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 19:50      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<me-too>
Confidence usually makes a person look far better to potential suitors and suitoresses(?).
Don't bother worrying about having someone else. Worry about being someone you can live with. The rest will fall into place in due time.
</me-too>

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2006 20:42            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not if you're motivationally tied into a vicious circle on this one.
IP: Logged
csigeek
Geek Larva
Member # 5085

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 09:03      Profile for csigeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the advice.

I just feel like I will never meet someone like this again, and they will never think I am pretty!

Every man I have met have been horrible. I have never met anyone like him before!

Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 10:31      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just smile and flirt. Sometimes guys like it if you blow them off a bit too. Flirting is an art, for sure! lol With the right skillz, you can get any man! Make them think you're something to work for [Wink]
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 14:26      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
Just smile and flirt. Sometimes guys like it if you blow them off a bit too. Flirting is an art, for sure! lol With the right skillz, you can get any man! Make them think you're something to work for [Wink]

Spoken like a true SheNazi
csigeek
Geek Larva
Member # 5085

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 24, 2006 15:08      Profile for csigeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't do that, he has a girfriend! He loves and adores her, and fiercely loyal to her.

I wouldn't want to be with someone who could be so easily led away by another woman!

Although I have been seriously tempted I admit. But I don't think anyone could tear him away from his girlfriend anyway.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2006 22:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csigeek:
I can't do that, he has a girfriend! He loves and adores her, and fiercely loyal to her.

I wouldn't want to be with someone who could be so easily led away by another woman!

Ah, but if, for example, a piano was to fall on her from a great height...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 12 posted August 24, 2006 22:42            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or an ACME anvil [evil]
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 03:51      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No relationship is permanent. If you like him, there's no harm in spending some time together. Just let him know that you're there and interested, that's all.

Well, in my experience, tough I've never had the chance to be involved in a very serious long lasting relationship, I can safely say that girls that are below a certain age, let's say 30, are generally attracted to ass holes. So be patient my fellow geek friends.. you'll be in demand very soon [evil]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mel
Alpha Geek
Member # 3553

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2006 10:38      Profile for Mel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Mel:

Spoken like a true SheNazi
Naw, guys are just too easy [Razz]
Posts: 309 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
aazp
Newbie Larva
Member # 5186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2006 20:25      Profile for aazp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, we are easy.

--------------------
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them. - Isaac Asimov

Posts: 5 | From: In front of my computer or at college (is there anywere else?) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 13:07      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My usual rule of thumb is if the guy is attached, don't bother. There's no sense in stirring up a potential hornet's nest. And besides, if things go your way, would you want to be known as a homewrecker? It's alright to be friendly, but to go beyond that... That's just my personal opinion.

However, if the guy insists and you give in, you should make it clear that you know that he's already attached. The guy had better know what he's doing (altho this has always been debatable). ;-)

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 13:09      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, you're still very young at 21!!! Get out there and enjoy life! There's plenty of fish in the sea (so to speak). Keep your options open! [Smile]

Good luck!
- Old but young fart at 38. [Wink]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Maggs
Geek
Member # 4682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 18:14      Profile for Maggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csigeek:

Although I have been seriously tempted I admit. But I don't think anyone could tear him away from his girlfriend anyway.

You can tear me away from anything with either chocolate chip cookies, or abandoned PC parts.
Posts: 193 | From: NYC | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 19:54            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ... are you saying that the girl needs a computer parts bra and thong?
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 22:51      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't possibly see that as being remotely near comfortable...unless it was largely comprised of IDE cables and chocolate chip cookies? Or maybe some Cornish pasties in lieu of the other kind of 'pasties.' Mmm...I could really eat that up...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 22:57            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is a challenge for everyone!
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 20:10      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman---Chocolate chip cookies? Picture the crumbs and all the chafing. Plus when you add in the body lotions and oils to the crumb mix I think it would lead to a total fiasco.

Best bet would be fondant, the solid sheets they use in cake decorating for smooth coverage and also you can mold it like play-doh for 3D effects.

There you go Uillean! The real challenge: Dmans decorating challenge. Winner gets his personal attention "cleaning up".

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2006 20:32            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture