homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Mating Rituals of an American Geek

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mating Rituals of an American Geek
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2005 21:18      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it could be fun to tell stories of how your "geek love" sparked.

I met my husband through AOL. Yes, it was years ago when AOL was still an acceptable form of internet surfing... He happened to be browsing local profiles and came across mine. He checked out my website (which was a site devoted to trashing the net pervs who tried to get laid IRL by IMing me) and thought I might be fun to chat with.

I guess he enjoyed talking to me because every time I was online he would pop up on my screen. I tried to blow him off many times because I was not about to meet a netboy IRL. But, the longer we chatted and the more persistent he got the more intrigued I became. It ended up that we had far too much in common, from likes and dislikes all the way to life circumstances.
So I did what any doubtful paranoid geek girl would do. I spied on him!

Like any net savvy girl I knew better than to let him know what I looked like, he could be a stalker after all! But I already had his pic…So, I found out where he hung out and watched him in his natural element with his friends. I also asked around about him (I found out that a few of my friends went to grade school with him). Once I knew that he was completely safe I agreed to meet.

Our initial meeting was interesting to say the least… It was Valentines Day (now keep in mind that as a non-conformist geek, I in no way shape or form acknowledge the commercial holiday), at my apartment (I already knew he was safe so no need for highly populated areas). So he showed up at my door, looking much more attractive than his picture (that was an added bonus) and I invited him in. We chatted and played with my roommate’s dog.

It seemed that the entire time he was at my place he couldn’t make eye contact with me. I thought, oh great, am I really that unattractive that he can’t even look me in the eye. But the conversation was great and he seemed to be testing my personal space and moving in closer as we spoke. Once he left I had no idea what to think, after all the dating rituals of the American Geek are so hard to read!

Later that evening like the true geeks that we were, we back to our respective computers. I saw him on my BL but he was not IMing me. I thought, great this was a total bust! And then I got angry. The least he could do was say hi and let me down. So I decided to bite the bullet and IM him. He tells me that he had a good time and he was really happy that I finally agreed to meet him IRL. Boy was I relieved! But I still did not understand why he could not look at me…

So I asked him why there was so little eye contact, and to this day his response still makes me laugh. You see, I was wearing a scoop neck top and I am blessed with a chest that would turn any geek’s face shades of red. He was afraid to look up at me because he didn’t want to be caught staring at my boobs!

TO BE CONTINUED…

--------------------
If you have a moment check out my store...

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Feedback always welcomed from a few good geeks with a keen eye!

Posts: 34 | From: Erie, PA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 09:02      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all started when some random person IM'd me durring my senior year of high school. I wasn't going to the same school I had beenfor my freshman and sophmore year so I knew a lot of people. I had no clue who it was and they spoke to me like they new me and I didn't have to heart to be like, "Who is this?" especially after she said, "I've missed you so much!"

Eventually I agreed to meet her at starbucks. I arrived early to scope out the area and when she walked in it was a good friend of mine ashley. Later that night at her house I was on her computer chatting on her name with a bunch of friends and I got an IM that was supposed to be for her that read, "Did you see Jace today? How is he? Can you guys come over? I want to meet him."

We went and it ended up being a party and we talked a bit and I met her friend but I never got her name nor any of her information. I just went back to ashleys hous and ended up staying there for about a week. When I got home I checked my e-mail and had like a billion e-mails from someone named Kate. I read them and they started out sweet. "I had a really nice time last night and call me" type of stuff then as i got the the end of the list they began to read "IF YOU DONT WANT TO TALK TO ME AT LEAST TELL ME!" type of shit.

I was actually interested in the reason that I have caused her to have such a break down over this but I ended up calling her and we spoke shortly. Well actually she spoke. "Why haven't you answered my calls or e-mails?" "I was at Ashley's" "For a week?" "Yes" "THAT BITCH!"

Shortly after I went over to Ashley's house and found them both sitting there crying. I guess they had a big argument over me. Ashley and I have been friends since Kindergarten and are really good friends. I took one step into her room where the two of them were, saw that they were crying and walked out. Kate came running out and started apologizing for freaking out so much.

We continued to talk through e-mail and IM for about a month more then we started hangin out and started dating for about 2 years before we broke up and she started "seeing" my best friend.

TomtheMacMan
Geek Larva
Member # 2127

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 13:29      Profile for TomtheMacMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I met my boyfriend online.. We've been together for about a year. Note I'm being quite general about this. It really was an incredibly long story. A quite personal one too. Let's just say it involved me finding him, religion, and a lot about myself all at once.

Good ol' love. Only wish my boyfriend didn't live so far away. [Razz]

--------------------
-Tom

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 13:34      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met my first girlfriend online... we had a long and relatively uneventful relationship for 1.5 years until she decided that she wanted to move on and dumped me. There really was no warning, one minute everything's going fine between us and the next she says she just wants to be 'friends'.

It's a tad bit more complicated than that, but since then I've tried not to base my opinions of people exclusively upon what I hear them say online.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 22, 2005 14:19      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh geez..
I met my girlfriend also through the internet. It went somewhat like this:
One year ago or so, I googled some nickelback forums (ya know, the band) since I like the band. As I mostly do, I check the member-list for people that live in my area (finding Austrians in there is quite rare). And there was one woman listed. We started chatting, and just wasting time, since she was a 30 year old, unhappily married, jobless person, but she was nice.
But about,-- uhhh- 5 months ago she started the conversation with "Hi Tom! I know somebody you might like. You know, the girl I have been talking about a few times. She's your age, a bit on the chubby side but I think you might put up very well. Can I give her your ICQ-number??"..
And I let her have my ICQ number. We started chatting, found out that we had so much in common (when somebody says during a conversation:"I cant believe it, we have just sooo much in common!"- its a very good sign).
So after two weeks of chatting and exchanging pics, we met.
Even though we almost acted as if we were a couple on ICQ; we were very distant IRL. VERY. (i posted a while ago a topic about that).. But after 2 weeks, we werer doing fine and well.. yeah... You can think of the rest..

THomas

P.S: the full story is much more complicated and private..

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2005 14:30      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are great!

--------------------

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 18:24      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently using eHarmony as my main method to meet guys. (Lots of reasons not important here.) Typically I'm matched with people from all over the world and rarely any from my area. Back in December I was matched with a guy from Delaware (known in previous posts as "DSG"-Delaware Saga Guy). We've been corresponding since then and have met once about a month ago (spent the day at Celtic Fling at Mt. Hope, PA). I like e-mailing him, but I don't like talking on the phone with him. I'm not sure that I even like hanging out with him.

Fast forward to last week. I was matched with a guy in Lancaster who attends a sister church. We share a lot of values and similar interests. He's five years older than I and currently in nurses' training (he already has a BS). We had a few phone conversations last weekend and he seemed like a cool guy....

...until he started e-mailing me twice a day (short e-mails, thankfully) and until he sent me his picture. Now, I like to think I'm open-minded about appearances and all, but seeing his picture has made me rethink that.

He's the goofiest-looking guy I've ever seen! Granted, the pic was taken with a cell phone camera, but even a good camera couldn't hide the bags under his eyes, the big and broad nose, the huge ears, and the absence of a smile. He was adopted from Korea and I've been friends with a lot of Koreans over the years, but they ran circles around him in cuteness. I'm really hoping I can talk myself into thinking he's cute so that if we ever hang out in person I'm not caught up in his appearance.

Am I really this shallow? ARGH!! [Mad]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 18:40      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Fast forward to last week. I was matched with a guy in Lancaster who attends a sister church. We share a lot of values and similar interests. He's five years older than I and currently in nurses' training (he already has a BS). We had a few phone conversations last weekend and he seemed like a cool guy....

...until he started e-mailing me twice a day (short e-mails, thankfully)

Umm, what's wrong with that? I've got friends that I email that regularly, and others I IM pretty much daily. Depends on the content/tone of the emails, though, I guess...

quote:
and until he sent me his picture. Now, I like to think I'm open-minded about appearances and all, but seeing his picture has made me rethink that.

He's the goofiest-looking guy I've ever seen! Granted, the pic was taken with a cell phone camera, but even a good camera couldn't hide the bags under his eyes, the big and broad nose, the huge ears, and the absence of a smile. He was adopted from Korea and I've been friends with a lot of Koreans over the years, but they ran circles around him in cuteness. I'm really hoping I can talk myself into thinking he's cute so that if we ever hang out in person I'm not caught up in his appearance.

Am I really this shallow? ARGH!! [Mad]

Hmm, it's tricky. I try not to judge people or treat people differently according to their appearance, but the fact remains, that certain people are more attractive to me in appearance than others. And as my youth fellowship leader at the time said (we didn't have any females in the group at the time), there should be four criteria for choosing a partner, single, female, Christian and someone you could live with waking up next to every morning. Applying that to your situation, Rhon, it sounds like part four isn't happening with this guy at the moment.

However, the other thing is that looks based attraction is much more volatile. As I've said before here, my experience is that if I become attracted to someone's personality/character/etc other than their looks, then they start to look more attractive too. So it may be worth giving the guy a chance, at least to start with.

Oh, and I don't know if you've tried it, but I've heard that bigchurch is a pretty good Christian dating site. Not sure how useful it is unless you pay for it, though...

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 18:54      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange appearance is a method used by DNA to stop the
creation of more strange appearance... [Razz]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 20:33      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey what are you saying about us Koreans here? Cuz I am friggin hot. [Razz]

csk is right though. If he is a nice guy then it couldn't hurt to at least hang out with him. So what if there aren't any sparks? He might have a good looking friend, or two, or three. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 20:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and of course, if all you've seen is one photo, then that's not a very accurate picture. For example, I had to cull through heaps of ugly looking photos of myself to get the one that's in my profile, where I almost look half decent [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 21:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhon, some people are just not photogenic at all. They don't smile, they look fake, they look weird, etc. I typically look like crap in photos. The ones the public sees are the good ones. I'd recommend meeting him face-to-face before writing him off.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 22:02      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first photo I saw of my husband was awful. Then I saw him in person and WOW!

--------------------

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 23:12      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Sigh* Yeah, I know I need to give him a chance. (Shroom, nothing against Koreans, in fact I prefer them over some others... I know some HOT Koreans [Wink] )

I've told myself that I'm really overreacting here. I remember my first impression of OSG (On-going Saga Guy from previous posts) and how he looked goofy (although granted, not as goofy as LSG (newly christened Lancaster Saga Guy)) and talked too much. Now I love him dearly and hope to find a man with many of the same characteristics. I also recall meeting DSG in person. He was definitely cuter than in his pics.

To combat my shock, I put LSG's pic on my desk at work tonight. I've mostly gotten used to it. I'm really curious (and half scared) to see him in person.

The thing with which I'm really struggling right now is how much I can expect. I've grown up believing I'm ugly and despicable and have since learned it's a lie. Still, I'm bearing the physical signs of that era--I have some funky scars from when I thought that guys liked tough chicks and scars showed toughness, and I'm rather overweight. Part of me says for those reasons I shouldn't expect an attractive man to love me and that I should only hope to have at least one of society's rejects want me.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2005 23:57      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:

The thing with which I'm really struggling right now is how much I can expect. I've grown up believing I'm ugly and despicable and have since learned it's a lie. Still, I'm bearing the physical signs of that era--I have some funky scars from when I thought that guys liked tough chicks and scars showed toughness, and I'm rather overweight. Part of me says for those reasons I shouldn't expect an attractive man to love me and that I should only hope to have at least one of society's rejects want me.

Okay, so you are lacking confidence... I am not going to give you some lecture on how you need to be more confident, because well... as a woman it is not all that easy these days to feel good about yourself if you do not look like a model. There is one easy thing that you can do however, and that is FAKE IT! That's right pretend that you are confident, and stick to it. Not only will others look at you and think "wow she is one confident woman" but if you fake it long enough you might actually fool yourself and become confident!

As for the feeling ugly and being overweight... Women are far harder on themselves than most men will ever be. I am overweight but my husband is perfectly happy with my body. Where I might not be able to stand naked infront of a mirror without being disgusted, he sees exactly what I see and finds it extreemly attractive. Now don't get me wrong, my hubby loves to look at the hottie porn stars with all their altered parts and what not, but ultimately he finds me just as attractive as them! No, I don't quite understand it, but who am I to question a good thing? My ultimate point: What you see in the mirror is not even close to what someone who loves you will see. So try and be happy with who you are. If you can't be happy with who you are then you need to make a change!

--------------------

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 00:58      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhon... I know your situation.. I know it damn well..
I was about 4 months ago in the same situation...

Someone I know from ICQ told me that she knows a girl who is quite nice, lives in my area and that we have good chances of not hating each other. She gave me her ICQ number and we started chatting. She also told me, that the girl (marion is her name) is quite on the chubby side.
But since I don't mind that extra pound (or two, or three, or whatever...) I said I didnt care.
We chatted a few weeks (on this forum, a few posts regarding this should be still here), and things went GREAT: She was the best person I ever met. And then we exchanged photos.
And.. well..
I felt just like you- when I said that I dont mind the pounds, I was not lying (private side info: -> to verify that I am not lying, check my pr0n collection). But I forgot to add that its supposed to be well spread pounds.
While I like lots of butt, I also love lots of boobs too.. And she actually had small breasts, a round face, and she doesnt really dress "smart" to cover some things.
Since I (like you!) couldnt believe that I didnt want to show up in public with her, and I realized how shallow I was, I felt bad..

To make a long story short:
She is now my girlfriend.
Even though my ENTIRE family keeps telling me that I sold myself far below my own value, I really like the relationship. Its very strong and she is a very loveable person. So honest, cute, caring and all that I tend to ignore my family.
My father (I am 18) once even told me that he can understand that I chose a girlfriend who is sexually very open (well, she is kinda wild to be honest) at my age, but I should look for someone better, with a higher level, more intelligence and more niveau and such. He also said to me that I should quit it and get someone better..
I cant believe somebody can say that! She is a great person and its the looks that keep people not liking her.
Well, i think you can imagine what a pain it was for me (in my heart as well) to have such things said to me by my dad and my sister (whose opinion I respect)...
I kinda feel sad too when I write this..

Anyways.. After what I wrote, I want to add some words:
I, in NO way, want to offend overweight people with my words. I do not want to discriminate people with big/small boobs or butts. I do not care about that. Its just my "dream-looks" that I wrote about - and looks on a woman can be so different from my "dream" and she still can be a head-turner for me. nevertheless- If I actually DID offend anybody: I am deeply, and REALLY sorry about that, I did not mean to do so!

Rhon: I checked your picture you have posted here. And I feel that you, in no way, need to feel ashamed or less worth about yourself! I think you look very good, likeable and nice!

Greetings..
Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 04:50      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you like, whether it be big people, small people, round people, square people, white people, black people, brown people, purple people or what, you're attracted to what you're attracted to. If someone has a wonderful personality, but you're not physically attracted to them, I'm sorry, but it isn't going to work. Period. It doesn't make you a terrible person. Just because the vast majority of guys look for the blonde haired blue eyed 105lb woman doesn't mean she's the perfect woman. It just means that's what they're attracted to. Do what makes you happy, not what anyone else says you should do. In all situations.

Rhon, I'd still give this guy a chance as others said, since many people are incredibly unphotogenic. I know *I* am no catch, but my pictures are even worse.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 05:24      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm attracted to pentagonal people [Wink]

I never had any success meeting people online. It's not like I was picky, it just seemed like there was no one around online in whom I was interested, or those in whom I was interested were not interested in me.

If you've read my posts about advice, you can figure out that parties seem to be where I'm best at meeting other people. I met one girlfriend one friday night after bussing in a restaraunt and I smelled and looked my worst (but I was in black slacks and a white oxford). We're still friends, although geography has made us not as close of friends as we had been.

I met my girlfriend at another part a few years later. It was the first, second, and third time we saw napoleon dynamite, which was put on after a playoff game. Many of my friends were there and the overall mood of the party was festive. We were also all bragging about the awesome clothes we had bought at goodwill, about half of us were wearing such clothes. Anyway, carol and I talked a lot and played a lot of kings, or circle of death, or whatever you want to call it and we stayed up til 7. I was just going to get her screen name from one of my friends when she was like, "isn't he going to ask for my number?" Well, she got my number and I've wondered what I was thinking ever since.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 05:27      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that it's just a good idea for all of us here to remember: There are very few natural pornstars running around. You can always find flaws in the way someone looks, and conversely, they can find flaws in how you look. I know that I am definitely not the most physically attractive guy in the universe, and I realize that I will never find a woman who I think is perfect at first glance.

<threadjack> which reminds me, I should probably put some pictures of myself up somewhere on the net, seeing as to how everyone else does.
</threadjack>

Anyways, that's just my $2E-2USD worth.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 07:12      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonnie,

First off, not all guys care for the buck-5 6' tall blonde girls. Like myself. Too damn bony. I hate getting bruises unless it is part of the game that is being played. [evil]

That being said. Personality goes a long way. I mean it too. There is this photo that goes around on the internet. That has a beautiful woman in a bikini. Under it has a caption that reads 'She may look good, but somebody is tired of putting up with her sh*t.'

Give him a chance. If you don't find love you could find a friend.

And my criteria is 80% personality, 10% sex, and 10% looks. Becuase sooner or later we all get old and ugly, Can no longer bounce around in bed. But you pretty much will end up talking your entire life.

I have had beautiful women with personalities like pit bulls. And those women began to look very ugly. And I know women that are not beautiful in the classic movie star sense but their personality just creates a glow that makes it hard to take your eyes off them.

Anyway if a person is so concerned with your looks that they cannot see the person. Fsck them. They aren't worth wasting your time on.

My $0.02

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 07:40      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zombie: You found me beautiful, once.
Ash: Girl, you got real ugly.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Video Game Widow
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 14:41      Profile for Video Game Widow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Now I know that this is definately my favorite forum on the net.

--------------------

www.IDoWeddingWear.com

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2005 15:37      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:

I have had beautiful women with personalities like pit bulls. And those women began to look very ugly. And I know women that are not beautiful in the classic movie star sense but their personality just creates a glow that makes it hard to take your eyes off them.

I've experienced this, too. Sometimes attraction builds or diminishes as you get to know a person better.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture