homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Advice for a poor sap of a gamer with no love experience? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Advice for a poor sap of a gamer with no love experience?
Mr. Saturn
Newbie Larva
Member # 3529

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 19:57      Profile for Mr. Saturn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo necessito auydar!!! <---- spanish for "i need help". I would like some advice on how to find a girl who shares my interests, i.e. a "Gamer chick" around my age i.e. 16. any advice is appreciated! ^.^

--------------------
"Boing!" - Mr. Saturn, Earthbund
"Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, bannana phone" - Raffi

Posts: 6 | From: Deleware... which i hate | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 20:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Show up naked, with beer!

Oh, and change your avatar - that's already taken by someone else...and made me do a double take when I saw it.

P.S. Someone will probably post advise that you should take seriously...unlike mine*. [Smile]
*Except the avatar thing - change that now. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 21:09      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect you've got the most chance by meeting up with gamers in real life. Try finding out what LAN parties are held in your area, and turn up to them. You get to play games, and if you happen to meet someone at the same time, then that's a bonus. I'm guessing the "guys imitating girls" problem is most prominent online, so trying to meet someone there could be perilous.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 21:17      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
I'm guessing the "guys imitating girls" problem is most prominent online, so trying to meet someone there could be perilous.

What brought that up?

:thoroughly confuzzled, but I guess that's the story of my day [Frown] :

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 21:34      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
What brought that up?

Pure practicality. If you're playing Game X online, how do you know if you're playing against girls, guys, or both? Avatar is no indication, as several guys (including myself) tend to play with female characters when available. And you can't necessarily rely on someone to be telling the truth about what gender they are, and I'm guessing that sort of tomfoolery would be more common in certain parts of the gaming community. Apart from which sending a general message to the players saying something like "Are there any girls playing this game" isn't going to have the desired effect either.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 21:38      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<threadjack>

So are you back from trekking or are you posting from somewhere in the boonies still?

</threadjack>

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 21:45      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
<threadjack>

So are you back from trekking or are you posting from somewhere in the boonies still?

</threadjack>

Nah, been back a few days now. Had a busy weekend what with the washing machine carking it and going off to buy a new one and all.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 23:09      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers!

[Razz]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 21, 2005 23:15      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by n4dmx:
Cheers!

[Razz]

I hesitate to ask where the on switch is on that thing.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 00:25      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm guessing the "guys imitating girls" problem is most prominent online

This from a Sydney resident ? [Confused] [crazy] [Roll Eyes] [ohwell] [Razz]

quote:
I hesitate to ask where the on switch is on that thing.
I'm wondering where the CD drive is [blush]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 05:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Saturn:
Yo necessito auydar!!! <---- spanish for "i need help". I would like some advice on how to find a girl who shares my interests, i.e. a "Gamer chick" around my age i.e. 16. any advice is appreciated! ^.^

*you* did a double take.. I read it and then I was like, "WTF?! I don't remember posting this.."

Then I looked at the name..

When I'm not broke anymore and all my finances are taken care of, Im going to become a superfan, keep this avatar, and nicely ask Snaggy to retire this one.

My head hurts now. [Razz]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Saturn
Newbie Larva
Member # 3529

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 10:30      Profile for Mr. Saturn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, i changed my avatar. So, thanks for the advice so far, but unfortunatly, there aren't any LAN parties in Deleware... arg. so i'm screwed, but thanx for the advice

--------------------
"Boing!" - Mr. Saturn, Earthbund
"Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring, bannana phone" - Raffi

Posts: 6 | From: Deleware... which i hate | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 11:21      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to the local comic book store, gaming store, book store (science fiction and graphic novel sections), and just sit. When you see a girl reading a cool book, mention that you think it's cool, but only if she's walking by. If she's sitting down don't bother her, that's too agressive. Try to strike up a conversation and see what happens. Record stores are good too.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 12:49      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, and good to see you've changed your av. BTW, how is Uranus?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 13:17      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I'm guessing the "guys imitating girls" problem is most prominent online, so trying to meet someone there could be perilous.

What brought that up?

:thoroughly confuzzled, but I guess that's the story of my day [Frown] :

I wouldn't know anything about guys imitating girls.

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 15:58      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by n4dmx:
Cheers!

[Razz]

Well at least she seems to-scale: big floofy hair, anorexic-looking lower legs, and breasts that would give her scoliosis. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 16:00      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Sweet Lord, Vic! What *do* you smoke? [Roll Eyes]

Back on topic: Look, Mr. Saturn, since you took d'man's advice on changing the Avatar, why not try the naked with beer thing? This is standard advice on these forums, thanks to the Cap'n here. Of course, the advice is usually given to females seeking help in romantic endeavors. But, hey, give it a shot! [Razz] Edit: You may not want to try that advice in a Greek neighborhood.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 16:17      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:

Sweet Lord, Vic! What *do* you smoke? [Roll Eyes]

Sadly, I don't smoke anything any more, save the odd Cuban cigar on a special occasion. I did however smoke massive amounts of cannibis and its biproducts in the 80's and 90's.

Mind you, *if* someone were to spark up a big doobie, I'd be first in line.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 16:20      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I did however smoke massive amounts of cannibis and its biproducts in the 80's and 90's.

So what does this mean? Now you're running for Prime Minister or something like that?

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 16:38      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah,

If he was up for Prime Minister (or similar) he'd need a history full of Call Girls/Homosexual BDSM/Dangerous autoerotic practices/etc.

Oh yeah, and MI6 need to have been following him for at least 5 years...

Your US Presidents are just such *poofs* - they don't even inhale FGS!

Still he might *just* make the running for Governor (is that Congress or Senate, or different altogether, I find it hard to figure your US Governement heirarchy...)

Oh BTW - I never slept with that woman... with all the sex we never found time to sleep!!!

[evil]

edit: If he actually lived in the US of course... Like Derrr, whatever....

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 16:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Nah, If he was up for Prime Minister (or similar) he'd need a history full of Call Girls/Homosexual BDSM/Dangerous autoerotic practices/etc.

Oh yeah, and MI6 need to have been following him for at least 5 years...

Mmmm? What's your point? Your post seems to indicate that none of the above *have* happened?

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted February 22, 2005 17:03      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't see it GG,

Vic's propensity for "arse pics" and a avowed liking for "n3kk1d |_/.\d135" is far too open for MI6, shady perving under cover of darkness is their bag - stuff they think they can blackmail you with by threatening to tell yer gran/mum/boyfriend...

Nope - Vic's in the clear here... His perving is far too public (no career in UK politics for you then Vic... [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1935 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 17:35      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n, you wanna jump in here? I think your reputation is at stake. [ohwell]

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 19:22      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this part of the world, we put the crooks where they belong, in elected positions. In fact our Premier, Dennis Fentie, did federal time for dealing heroin.

One minister, Peter Jenkins did time for stealing electricity to run his hotel. The hotel ironically was funded in part by a loan from the taxpayers which he never paid back. The balance on that is currently $300,000 CDN. Also, while in jail as part of his 'rehab' he got his private pilots license on the tax payers back.

A second minister, recently turfed out of the ruling party is charged with indecent assault or the like dating back to the late 70's.

A third minister, also defaulted on a hotel loan for 10 or so years is only recently making payments.

Arse pics ain't nothin' to these boys. I could make it as a page in the Legislature.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 22, 2005 20:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, and here I thought only the US elected sleazebags...there go my rosey ideas about Canada. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture