homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Are there really any gamer/geek girls? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Are there really any gamer/geek girls?
geekguy42
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3490

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted February 17, 2005 23:59      Profile for geekguy42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! My name is Danny and I have recently noticed that there seem to be no gamer/geek girls my age (16). I am, I guess one of a rare breed of guy that thinks that a girl who wears glasses and has beat Half-Life 20 times is hot and Britney Spears is a slut who isn't even worth fantacizing over. Perhaps I am simply delusional but are there any girl gamers out there?

--------------------
Pressure makes diamonds.

Posts: 3 | From: San Jose | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2005 00:39      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why's the emphasis always on girls who wear glasses? I manage to be the nerdiest woman I know, and I've got vision that an Air Force pilot would kill for. Evolutionary inferiority really shouldn't be a turn on, logically. [Razz]

Anyway, let's proceed with the old standard GC tripe about finding dates at bookstores and waiting for "the right one" to walk into your life, naked, and hit you over the head with a case of beer.

geekguy42
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3490

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted February 18, 2005 01:22      Profile for geekguy42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for the glasses thing, I just think they are kinda hot, but besides that. I am not talking about geek girls really as much as gamer girls. I mean I don't know C++ but I know every sniper spot on de_aztec (CSS) so...

--------------------
Pressure makes diamonds.

jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2005 03:20      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stats are against you. Better off going for a 'geeky' girl who will at least let you play your games without wanting you to constantly buy her new clothes/handbags/britney spears albums.

girls who are into rpg/comics/books count as "geeky girls" - not every geek can program in C++. Look for someone who can understand you on some basic level.

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2005 04:57      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm waaaaay beyond 16, but I would definitely consider myself a gamer/geek girl. Even when I was 16, I was into Nintendo and whatever I could find for the Mac back then. I know I'm not alone, and sometimes the ones who look like they're not gamers just might be. Check out Seanbaby's date with a Frag Doll. [Big Grin]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2005 06:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No real geek programs in C++ anyway, fools.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2005 13:07      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<sarcasm> Duh, everyone knows Java's where it's at! </sarcasm>

No but seriously, if you only talk to girls who just look like gamer geeks, you may ignore other girls whom you wouldn't ordinarily consider. People have varying interests and usually don't fit nicely into niches. In other words, you don't necessarily have to find a girl interested in gaming to have a good time.

Demosthenes, wrt your comment on glasses, I think people's conception of geeks wearing glasses comes from the old school days when most geeks were prolific readers, in which case, years of looking at tiny words in low-light conditions deteriorated their vision.

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
geekguy42
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3490

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted February 18, 2005 16:13      Profile for geekguy42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah I know that there arn't too many "Gamer Girls" but all of the geek girls seem to be band geeks, or drama geeks (I am both so nothing is wrong with that [Razz] ) But at least a girl who likes computers and maybe knew what RAM stood for? I mean guys fawn over Laura Croft because she could kick their ass, well a girl who would be able to do tech-suport would be equally cool. Oh well, maybe I am being a bit too specific. Oh, and thankyou for all your coments so far; not bad for one day!

--------------------
Pressure makes diamonds.

Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2005 18:17      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Belive me, Ive seen it all. Band geeks (being on myself), drama geeks (I am dating one, and associate with them being band geek), preps, jocks, nobodys, goths, geek-geeks.

But no one i heave heard really hooks up for JUST a love of games shared.
Nothing against it, but look for other qualities as well.

From my current experience, i dont know what exactly you call a 'gamer geek', as there are all sorts of them (old school NES ppl, Computer ppl, Xbox and PS2 ppl, and many others)

Also, ppl are of varied types. My current girlfriend I would consiter an old school gamer(NES and older), a drama geek, and a tech geek; while I am a computer and Ps2 Gamer geek, and a band geek.
But overall, I can honestly say, our relationship has no connections over what we play on a tv/computer.

Yes, we both wear glasses, but we arnt bound by it either. Actually, I normally wear contacts, and honestly, I dont consiter glasses a thing to look for in geekyness of any sort. Some of the most intelligent and serious geeks of all time dont wear glasses.

And if I wasnt with my love, one of the most intelligent girls I know is very attractive, and i would probably have asked her out. So dont just turn down the 'Brittany Spears' crowd until you really know them. Some of them are alright.

Overall, what Im saying is, dont stick with just one concept of person to look for. Look for several things, and try different things that you might not even like. Belive me, weird things happen. Just because you and someone have like everything alike in what you do, you might end up wanting to kill each other for that. Ive been there too [Wink] .

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2005 00:26      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah sure! I'm a gamer/geek girl. I am certain there are loads, you just need to look harder. Though at 16 you might be hard pressed to find one. I'm 17 and I think I am the only one who is a geek (and I am not even a fully fledged one!). Even less so if you want to find one who is into first person shooting and all that (I'm into real time strategy and RPG) so good luck!
Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2005 20:07      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd agree that a girl who isn't as much of a gaming/programming geek (but is a geek in other areas) can still be very desirable. The people in a relationship don't have to be exactly alike; often it seems to work out better if their strengths complement (rather than perfectly match) each other.

My other piece of relationship advice (much more general): Often it isn't the best idea to actively seek a relationship (though it is an interesting way to keep yourself busy). If you're trying all the time to find someone, there's a relatively high chance you'll find yourself in a relationship just for the sake of having one instead of for the person herself. I'm currently interested in finding someone, but I'm not actively looking for someone. If something nice happens between someone and me, I'm certainly not going to ignore it, but I'll let things happen as they will without too much of my own interference. I tend to screw things up anyway. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mr.Gone
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3543

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 09:58      Profile for Mr.Gone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why? They may be geeks, but they are still girls. Manipulative and cruel. Remember what all the other ones have done to you, then remember it's genetic.

--------------------
"Women have no right to complain about men, until they get better taste in them."
--- Mark Twain

Posts: 15 | From: Richfield, MN | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 11:15      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Gone:
But why? They may be geeks, but they are still girls. Manipulative and cruel. Remember what all the other ones have done to you, then remember it's genetic.

What's her name and why'd she piss in your cornflakes this morning?
Mr.Gone
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3543

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 11:16      Profile for Mr.Gone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish. I just want to make sure that my fellow geeks don't get so desperate for love, they turn to the average woman.

--------------------
"Women have no right to complain about men, until they get better taste in them."
--- Mark Twain

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 11:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Gone:
I wish. I just want to make sure that my fellow geeks don't get so desperate for love, they turn to the average woman.

Every woman is one man's dream, another man's nightmare, and some other men's 'average'.
Mr.Gone
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3543

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 11:32      Profile for Mr.Gone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am saying the average back stabbing, user. You know. I'm not saying all women are like that, only like, 88-94% of them

--------------------
--- Mark Twain

magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 12:43      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, but everyone knows that 82% of all statistics are pulled out of their citer's ass.

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 13:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by magefile:
Maybe, but everyone knows that 82% of all statistics are pulled out of their citer's ass.

... and the other 12% are wrong.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2005 13:48      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, another thread that alleges I don't exist.

I'm way over 16, but I'm still the gamer/geek I was then, if not more so. And I work in tech support now. Still wearing glasses...

So there. [Wink]

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TomtheMacMan
Geek Larva
Member # 2127

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 13:26      Profile for TomtheMacMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me, gamer girls are more common than you'd think. I have one on my bus who's exactly your age and has a habit of playing DDR on her PS2 until she either cannot stand or passes out (8-12 hour DDR marathons are nothing for her). She also is an iPod Fanatic, addicted to webbrowsing and posting on forums, and the best part, SHE'S SINGLE!

Yeah, too bad I've got a boyfriend, so I'm definitively not interested. [Razz]

--------------------
-Tom

TonyRad
Assimilated
Member # 1448

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2005 20:05      Profile for TonyRad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just like to point out that this is a predominately geek forum. If you read though the posts you will notice there happens to be quite a few gamer/geek girls who post on this forum. If you look at the GC photo album you'll also notice that a good portion of the female photos are not wearing glasses.

As far as you thinking girls with glasses as being hot. I can't really say much. I don't think with or without glasses are hot, but there's another stereotypical "geeky" feature I tend to be attracted to. Yeah, it's an odd one, I'm just gonna leave it at that. Maybe somebody will ask me in IRC or better yet guess it on the thread.

--Tony Rad

--------------------
~Live by the Sword~Die by the Sword~

PMS LiLY
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3755

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 14:52      Profile for PMS LiLY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what you're talking about! There's tons of gamer chicks that are 16. I'm one of them! I know a lot of 16yr gamer girls.
adhdkid
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3757

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 13:28      Profile for adhdkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah there are gamer girls out there. In fact I am one of them. However I am 22:) And I have beat Half-Life more times then I can count. also Half-life 2 as well. Oh and I do wear glasses.
Posts: 1 | From: Fresno | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
musicbunnydancing
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3756

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2005 13:38      Profile for musicbunnydancing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People, geek/gamer girls are alive!

I know, it's a total shock...so here's another one for ya!

A girl can be geekie, were glasses, love reading books, design layouts and graphics, play ps2 and STILL like to shop.

Wow, that sounds like me! [Eek!] [Geek]

Posts: 46 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 26, 2005 14:20      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. nice..
too bad i live in Austria..
LOL..

bahhh.. you said you knew all sniper spots in de_aztec? My favourite map is dust, or cbble..
anyways..

to stay on-topic *g*
If you read my post in the "all-about-love" section, you will notice that I am currently "dating" another girl (further answers are more than welcome!)--
geek girls- in my imagination- do not necessarily wear glasses..Its all about "the whole"...
It would be a miracle for me, if I would find a girl playing half live by the way.. that would be awesome.. only met a few ingame.. and THOSE kick ass..

Cheers!

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture