homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » All about Love!   » need bf advice (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: need bf advice
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2004 17:52      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I think geeks, as a whole, feel less than "perfect" and they put themselves in this poor guy's situation immediately(and probably have been there themselves) and jumped on frostgard.

gee, you have Me pegged there. I think that's one of the reasons the other Doms have called Me a little on the soft side. I try too hard to see through the eyes of the people I'm supposed to be punishing [Happytears]
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2004 18:50      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
quote:
Unfortunately, Z..I don't think(or at least I hope not) that this is typical female behavior, just the spoiled little Princess kind.

yeah, but I couldn't resist a chance for a little rant. besides, with all the good women out there if I had been in his shoes I'd have left her in an instant. Life is too short to be combative with your mate when you should be understanding and forgiving [Wink]
What have you done with our Zorro?!!!! [cry baby]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted July 09, 2004 19:58      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Unfortunately, Z..I don't think(or at least I hope not) that this is typical female behavior, just the spoiled little Princess kind.

yeah, but I couldn't resist a chance for a little rant. besides, with all the good women out there if I had been in his shoes I'd have left her in an instant. Life is too short to be combative with your mate when you should be understanding and forgiving [Wink]
What have you done with our Zorro?!!!! [cry baby]
shhhh, I'm trying to pretend I have a sensitive side [Wink]
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2004 22:57      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
gee, you have Me pegged there. I think that's one of the reasons the other Doms have called Me a little on the soft side. I try too hard to see through the eyes of the people I'm supposed to be punishing [Happytears]

Uh, wtf?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
mdee2004
Geek Larva
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 09, 2004 23:22      Profile for mdee2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was the one driving I would have made you get out and push while I steared, J/K.

I'd like to think that women in general aren't becoming more and more nit picky about their man being the perfect in everyway. I think its more of a individual thing. I would say that in general life is way to damn short to hold grudges over stuff like running out of gas. In the long scope of things it won't matter at all unless your one of those people that get's off on making others suffer by continually rehashing their past mistakes then you should have someone push your car off a peir with you in it. The only thing I can think of that's worth continually rehashing would possibly be if he cheated on you but then again at that point you should probably just leave.

--------------------
Bass lines are at their best when they are played by a bass.

Posts: 26 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 01:59      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
EDIT: Does anyone else get the feeling there are lots of males here with "women" issues???

You wanna see them? I got a fantastic collection, going back to the sixties - ah, lemme see... I got Hustler, Penthouse, Big Jugs Journal, Nuns with Guns, Bikini Bitch Massacre Monthly, Hot Swedish Lesbian Nympho Catholic Tax Inspectors, BBC Weather Girls in Tight Rubber, Naked Conservatives - the Anne Widdecombe special ... oh, and Cosmo. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 04:15      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOhh yeah. I wanna see the BBC weather girls in rubber.
***Drool****

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
frostgard
Newbie Larva
Member # 2810

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted July 10, 2004 09:34      Profile for frostgard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
31 replies and only Fanboy noticed it was a joke to cheer myself up. He was Response #2. Now I'm so truamatized by how nasty you all are that I am never coming back, and probably will never join another forum.

Come on, people. No one in their right mind is going to ask for REAL advice on something like that.

Sartre is right. Hell IS other people.

Posts: 9 | From: Mars | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 10, 2004 09:49      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You heartless bastards! Look what you've done! Damn you all to Hell! [cry baby] [cry baby]

--------------------

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 10:01      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continuing the theme of ripping you a new one,

If it was a joke, why make another comment after fanboy got your "joke" and after you saw what how people recieved said "joke"?

Personally, even though I'm newish, I'm sick of these threads that start out "I have a problem" "I have a question" and end up as a "I was just kidding" "I was just looking for debate" If you're looking for entertainment like that, take it elsewhere. Say IRC, for instance, where the entertainment is simultaneous.

Edit - Er... instantaneous. oops.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 10:09      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frostgard:

Yea. But all 'is mates were French.</Lister> [Wink]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 10:14      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:

Yea. But all 'is mates were French.</Lister> [Wink]
[Big Grin] Nice one.

--------------------

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted July 10, 2004 14:42      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

Uh, wtf?
just a little random confusion, I find it keeps the threads more interesting if they don't know what to think [Wink]
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted July 10, 2004 15:13      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for all your input. It's amazing how many people I can offend just by asking for advice! Gas Gauge Games happen to be a pet peeve of mine, which is why I was asking for moderating advice, so that I wouldn't over-react

Yeah, ok, whatever...use the "mad" graemlin in your original post, admit you were asking advice and keep griping in your subsequent follow up post, then wait another day to say you were kidding?

Hah-that's some great sense of humour you have there.

Grow up.

And to think I actually believed this place was getting more intelligent newbies again? I give up again.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 15:14      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan:
Continuing the theme of ripping you a new one,

If it was a joke, why make another comment after fanboy got your "joke" and after you saw what how people recieved said "joke"?

Personally, even though I'm newish, I'm sick of these threads that start out "I have a problem" "I have a question" and end up as a "I was just kidding" "I was just looking for debate" If you're looking for entertainment like that, take it elsewhere. Say IRC, for instance, where the entertainment is simultaneous.

Wow-for once I agree with you, Ivan. [Razz]

--------------------

Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 16:54      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, must be doing something wrong then [Razz]
Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2004 21:39      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
frostguard: if you're still around, I'm sorry. Wether it's a joke or not isn't my point here, but the fact that I was so hypocritical in the way I acted.

I was quite miffed at the idea of a woman treating her boyfriend as such, and in doing so, I wound up treating you in the exact same way. As the saying goes: two wrongs don't make a right, and the way I reacted was wrong.

Your one action, if it were the way you actually acted, still wouldn't make you a bad person, as you are far more then one particular choice you make in your life, however, I chose to treat you s such, and I'm very sorry for that. [Frown]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2338 | From: Southeast Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2004 10:05      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! another frosty's a troll! [Roll Eyes]

I always wondered why people say "I'm leaving these forums forever, thanks to you nasty people, and I've been so scarred and humiliated that I'll never join any other forum ever again." Like, there's any way to tell if that's really going to happen. pffff.

Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2004 10:59      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geek Culture is like a MMORPG...

It shouldn't have classes.

I'm getting sick and tired of the "troll" or "elitist" stereotypes. Yes, we've been decieved before and that may make it hard to open up for other people. Yes, there are a lot young people here. Some of them, just as most teenagers, are attention-seeking. Some of them are just curious. Anyone with half a brain will read some of the posts here and think "Oh, gee, they're all a bunch of relentless trolls." I know I've been a troll before, and I've also done my share of chasing the trolls. Guess what, you're doing the same thing. Stop following the worlds example with the whole us and them thing. It's us, just us. We're all members of Geek Culture. We have no need for troll bashing. Someone says something stupid, do something that you have all failed to do. IGNORE EVERY WORD THEY SAY. If their post is utter shite, (some of you think that about a lot of my posts, probably this one too, and I can actually have sympathy for that) then treat as such, and move on. If you reply you're doing them a favor. They're only a troll because you call them one. STOP!...

/me puts on flameproof suit

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2004 11:12      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
Like, there's any way to tell if that's really going to happen. pffff.

Yeah, but we can live in hope that they really are that scarred. [Smile]

--------------------

GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted July 11, 2004 12:26      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer the Jay and Silent Bob approach. Find out who they are, book a flight to their town, show up at their door, read the post back to them and proceed to beat the crap out of them. [Wink]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2004 13:06      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
31 replies and only Fanboy noticed it was a joke to cheer myself up. He was Response #2. Now I'm so truamatized by how nasty you all are that I am never coming back, and probably will never join another forum.

Come on, people. No one in their right mind is going to ask for REAL advice on something like that.

Did I?

Thanks, I think
Hold on I thought you were serious. That's it I'm off I hate you all for tricking me like that.

Edit:- Actually I'm not that shallow. I didn't realise it was a trick, but do wonder at those people who purport to ask advice get some they don't like then bugger off. Frostgard signed up on 26 June, is this a coincidence when we have been talking about people posting under new idents?

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2004 20:03      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh...I hadn't thought of that!~so, who do we think she is?? [Wink]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2004 20:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ooh...I hadn't thought of that!~so, who do we think she is?? [Wink]

csk ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10705 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2004 02:21      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she's God. (We never did find out who that was, did we? I was about to open a book on it. [Wink] )

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture