homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Women, want a good man? Date a Geek!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women, want a good man? Date a Geek!!
mdee2004
Geek Larva
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 05, 2004 04:59      Profile for mdee2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems kind of lame that women don't come to this realization on their own. To quote a line from Revenge of the Nerds "All Jocks ever think about are sports all nerds think about is sex" If you want a guy who will go the extra mile in the bed room go for the guy that doesn't often times get the chance to demonstrate his skills. An analogy would be the one guy that rode the bench all semester long and then finally gets to play in the last part of the last game.

The very same mental ability to do something such as study a role playing manual, search a whole movie for continuity flaws, or focus on any other geeky persuit will easily translate to spending countless hours finding your every spot and making the most of them to the fullest.

Additionally, a geeky guy is very unlikely to run off with someone else given that there aren't any other girls for him to run off with.

--------------------
Bass lines are at their best when they are played by a bass.

Posts: 26 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2004 10:34      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take offense to that in a minor way. [Razz]

I may be a geek, and possess most of the qualities of a geek: I'm needlessly pedantic, I know more useless facts than anyone alive will ever have any use for, I write software for a living, and I enjoy spending my Friday nights with the only illumination in the room being the monitor in front of me while I try and crack my own servers; however, I have never had much of an issue finding a woman. I'm not saying for a second I think I'm good looking -- as a matter of fact, I think the opposite. I've also learned that looks don't mean that much to a girl (at least not one worth having around).

I wouldn't leave my girlfriend whom I'm with now and run off with someone else simply because I don't work that way.

While dating a geek might be a better choice for some women because of a typical geek's traits and intricacies, I say most geeks are probably more like me -- a geek at heart, but externally, if you saw them going down the street, you wouldn't be able to tell without asking.

Perhaps I'm wrong?

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2004 14:25      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with newfie here.

I am a geek, but I am also a big gearhead. I am really just a displaced greaser. And I got the scars to prove it.

My dating history is not stunning but is also not depressing. I don't run around because it isn't right, not because of inability. I can get my fair share and then some, if I want to.

This isn't boasting(Don Juan I'm not) just a fact. And trust me just cause you want to do something badly doesn't mean that when you get the chance you will be fantastic at it.

CommanderShroom
(Sorry it's been a *[email protected]#!#% day)

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2476 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2004 22:27      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to agree with the two gentlemen above. While it's true sometimes that geek guys have difficulty finding women, that should hardly be taken to be the default. Actually, there does also seem to be a thing with women going after guys who have a girlfriend (I think it's been said that if he has a girlfriend, then they realize he must be somehow worthwhile...but oops, he's taken) - but I'd like to think that the majority of us have the decency to not to cheat on our girlfriends. I know I've had a few girls after me when not single, and it's just not in my nature to pursue such a relationship. There's a level of trust that needs to be present in a relationship for it to work out, and therefore you must show that you're worth that trust, particularly if you want her to show you the same trust and respect. I only had to go out of my way to dissuade one person, though I might regret that she all but disappeared after I dropped the 'gf' bomb in passing. She was probably one of my best students (in a comp. prog. study session), and it's too bad she stopped coming to my review sessions - it's nice to work with someone who can challenge you every now and then (and win even!). Then again, she was probably good enough to figure out the whole mess - and I'm sure my coworkers were glad she stopped coming by my office looking for me [Razz] . I guess my point in this whole monologue is that geeks are not completely undesired people that are so desperate for you to find them, and make their life complete. A lack of interest in social situations might leave a bunch of us weary and disinterested in searching sometimes, but oh hell, I'm weary right now, and should go to sleep instead of making even more gibberish...sorry for the drivel that is this post.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2004 14:22      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a quote actually:
"They can smell it on you.He must be good he has a woman,then the second your single.*Sniff* oh he is single,no one else has taking a chance on him why should I?"

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture