homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » All about Love!   » Love...the invasion (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Love...the invasion
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 27, 2004 21:25      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I have realized that everyone around me is falling in love.From my 3 best friends to my entire school everything and one is...is in love.Hhhmmm from what my friends say I think I am too...
[hearts]
Fells great to finally get that one out,although my friends say it's just a fling...so confusing

--------------------
I am not the type of person to do shamless plugging,how dare you
http://freewebs.com/lordofmuffins

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 22:51      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the spring you know. Oh well... hopefully my relationship will outlast the season.

--------------------
-illumina+us
http://illuminatus.oczombies.net/
I suck at life IRL

Posts: 124 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted April 28, 2004 07:14      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is the spring you know. Oh well... hopefully my relationship will outlast the season.
Yeah same here [Razz]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 07:40      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katie:
Lately I have realized that everyone around me is falling in love.From my 3 best friends to my entire school everything and one is...is in love.Hhhmmm from what my friends say I think I am too...
[hearts]
Fells great to finally get that one out,although my friends say it's just a fling...so confusing

don't pay any attention to it, it's just the hormones
Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 09:59      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[hearts]

Don't worry. It's just spring.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 10:44      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:
[hearts]

don't pay any attention to it, it's just the hormones
Whore moans? Do you have to pay extra for her to do that? [Razz]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 11:16      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know, the hormones. i think it's a type of religeous sect in salt lake city

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ricegirl
Mini Geek
Member # 2516

Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 12:10      Profile for Ricegirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what its like to be in love...at least i don't think i do. All the crushes i have had, faded away after a few weeks (months), but there are just some people you can't get over, so does that mean you are inlove with them...ir you cant move on?

--------------------
Pride can break a man right down from iron, twist him round and tatter up a soul.

Posts: 84 | From: U.K | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 14:11      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ricegirl:
I don't know what its like to be in love...at least i don't think i do. All the crushes i have had, faded away after a few weeks (months), but there are just some people you can't get over, so does that mean you are inlove with them...ir you cant move on?

They are flings don't worry,my friend(the emu) has em all the time.She is trying to convince me that I have em too.There was only one which was at the convention...

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From: Florida land of the retired | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 15:07      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've never really had a crush, per se. Sure I've found people attractive before, but then when I was around them more, I found them to be superficial. I've always been in the "out" crowd, but I never classify myself b/c i dont like generalizations, plus i really dont fit anywhere. I have my 4 good friends, and thats all i need. Screw teh rest of the world. Anyway, i became friends w/ this girl (dont ask how, b/c neither of us can remember) about a year ago. We gradually talked more and more each day through email and messenger untill i was talking to her 1.5-2 hours everyday. We got to picking around and i asked her to the dance and we were a couple, the last 2 and a half months have been teh best of my life. and spring had nohting to do w/ it b/c that was in february. Anyway, i guess my point is, i hate generalizations and cant stand for people to accept them. Or either i just wanted to brag about my gf. y'all decide.

oh...sorry bout the novel... just got carried away

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 28, 2004 19:20      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hhhmmm might be hormones or maybe more.
And I completely understand yee Ivan.Why do you think I posted this.
Anyways whatever the case may be this illness is spreading faster than britney spears's legs!

--------------------

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:25      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! Emu does, totally. (sorry I'm a friend) I'm liek so obessed, or so U'm told. I've writen over three pages worth of stuff about my Bf, Brian in my journal. I talk to him every since day. His phone number is writen on my arm larger than life , thanks Katie. Which I had to write down on paper, but still hasn't come off my arm. Surprisingly my parents didn't ask about it. And in a computer game were getting married. *dreams* And I finally found out how he felt.

--------------------
I'm Rich James...The spaceship is coming...O.o http://freewebs.com/beyondtheboundaries

Posts: 16 | From: The hell called Arizona | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Katie
Geek
Member # 2502

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:32      Profile for Katie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somebody's obsessed...
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 13:37      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[devil wand] SHUDDUP!! I'm not..really...maybe...I don't know. Oh I need to call him [ohwell]

--------------------
I'm Rich James...The spaceship is coming...O.o http://freewebs.com/beyondtheboundaries

illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 17:24      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amber:
[devil wand] SHUDDUP!! I'm not..really...maybe...I don't know. Oh I need to call him [ohwell]

and people call my girlfriend obsessed...

--------------------
-illumina+us
I suck at life IRL

Amber
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2681

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 18:55      Profile for Amber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?! So your saying that I'm more obessed than people think your girlfriend is?...Oh man [tired] I so need something to do.

--------------------

aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 21:04      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the classic jerry springer style, with the boyfriend unexpectedly coming onstage. I shall complicate this thread further. Im not feeling the geekness, thus Greyscale . Anyway, what does spring have to do with anything? you could basically say that with anything "yeah all my friends are getting into relationships" "well it is spring/valentines season/christmas season/new years/ground hog's day" Can we just all except the fact that we all want to love and be loved regardless of time?

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted May 01, 2004 21:11      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have been struck by the, eherm, I love you virus.

picture of her

Aherm, right, move along now... nothing to see here...

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
illuminatus
Geek
Member # 2187

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2004 11:27      Profile for illuminatus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:
in the classic jerry springer style, with the boyfriend unexpectedly coming onstage. I shall complicate this thread further. Im not feeling the geekness, thus Greyscale . Anyway, what does spring have to do with anything? you could basically say that with anything "yeah all my friends are getting into relationships" "well it is spring/valentines season/christmas season/new years/ground hog's day" Can we just all except the fact that we all want to love and be loved regardless of time?

Valentines day and the other items listed are psychological. However, spring time is not. It is a hormonal effect. Humans do have a mating season like all other animals. Spring just happens to be it :-/

--------------------
-illumina+us
I suck at life IRL

GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2004 08:22      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, Beltain is very distracting time of year, and very depressing for those of us who are not in relationships. But that is life...

congrats to you TCTQ.

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 05, 2004 08:46      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm,

I believe I have fallen in love too...head over heels...She's beautiful, runs as 1.25 GHz and has "PowerBook G4" at the bottom of the screen [Wink]

My relationship has been an adventure, and it only gets better. We're completely compatible with each other, never argue, and I'm always finding new ways to push her buttons [Big Grin]

The relationship was only shaky for a short period of time when I found that shortly after I'd purchased her (that sounds sooo wrong) there came the 1.5 GHz version.

As usual though, we worked out the rocky parts of our relationship without too much pain, and now we're more in love than ever. [crazy]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 10 posted May 05, 2004 08:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Hmm,

I believe I have fallen in love too...head over heels...She's beautiful, runs as 1.25 GHz and has "PowerBook G4" at the bottom of the screen [Wink]

My relationship has been an adventure, and it only gets better. We're completely compatible with each other, never argue, and I'm always finding new ways to push her buttons [Big Grin]

The relationship was only shaky for a short period of time when I found that shortly after I'd purchased her (that sounds sooo wrong) there came the 1.5 GHz version.

As usual though, we worked out the rocky parts of our relationship without too much pain, and now we're more in love than ever. [crazy]

Yes, but does she spit or swallow?
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2004 09:08      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
You're all twitter-pated!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2004 09:20      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pffft!
Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2004 15:19      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
[Roll Eyes]
You're all twitter-pated!

Twitter-what??

Harumph, well it's not gonna happen to me [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Yes, but does she spit or swallow?

Oh, she just uses cmd-shift-delete [Wink]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture