homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » All about Love!   » UPdate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPdate
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2004 23:39      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the whole Prom deally didn't go so bad, we became rather intimate friends....

That didn't last for long.

I met a new girl. Her name is Kate and I have built her a blog on my server cause that is what she likes to do. She blogs.

Here is a pic. Most of you already know about her from IRC but I want to talk about her some more.

She is about 5'5" ish. Filipino/catholic (which is awesome 'cause I ahve started going to church again and i stoped listening to the passages and the sermons so much as a literal speech, but more metorphoricaly adn have come to find many interesting things out about myself) her parents and i get along great and we can talk all night long wether we are together laying in a bed or on the phone a couple hundred miles away (she is in vegas right now [Frown] )

The best thing has got to be that we can go out with friends (as we share many of the same) and have a great time no matter what we are doing.

defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2004 06:48      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And? How's it going so far? Is she back from Vegas?
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2004 23:51      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is back from vegas and she was only gone for a week.

Today we went to a birthday party for one of our friends and had a great time. Earlier we went to the pamona Deaf Expo and all i did was translate for her but i thought it was really cool and she really enjoyed it.

We spent the whole day together dand most of the weekends we are together the whole time.

For about an hour we went to go look for apartments, well she helped me look for an apartment. I haven't really found anything that i like but im hoping that will change soon.

Things are great. I cannot be happier.

defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 02:14      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. [Smile] You know the sign language?
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 11:33      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i know sign language.
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2004 03:12      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been interested in it for a long time. Is it hard to learn? I.e. harder than a spoken language?
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2004 16:14      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very easy.

It is just vocabulary and if you can learn a programming language, you can learn sign language no problem. Programming is much harder than sign language and the deaf community is so lax that if you wanted to say "What are you doing today" you can sign "what you today?" and be perfectly clear. Fingerspelling is the hardest part. Not so much learning it, more of trying to read it when you have a person who has been signing since birth try and fingerspell to you. [crazy]

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture