homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » All about Love!   » First "Real" Date w/ new boyfriend (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: First "Real" Date w/ new boyfriend
eDJ
Geek
Member # 1950

Icon 11 posted March 25, 2004 21:04      Profile for eDJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think a first date is confusing....think about the recent marriage efforts that have been
taking place across the country. Then think of those at City Hall who officiate the weddings. Can you imagine the confusion they are faced with?

Clerk at a court who is in charge of Coutrhouse weddings.

"Next."
"Good morning. We want to apply for a marriage
license."
"Names?"
"Tim and Jim Jones."
"Jones? Are you related? I see a resemblance."
"Yes, we're brothers."
"Brothers? You can't get married."
"Why not? Aren't you giving marriage licenses to
same gender couples?"
"Yes, thousands. But we haven't had any siblings.
That's incest!"
"Incest?" No, we are not gay."
"Not gay? Then why do you want to get married?"
"For the financial benefits, of course. And we do
love each other.
Besides, we don't have any other prospects."
"But we're issuing marriage licenses to gay and
lesbian couples who've
been denied equal protection under the law. If you
are not gay, you
can get married to a woman."
"Wait a minute. A gay man has the same right to
marry a woman as I
have. But just because I'm straight doesn't mean I
want to marry a woman. I want to marry Jim."
"And I want to marry Tim, Are you going to
discriminate against us
just because we are not gay?"
"All right, all right. I'll give you your license.
" Next" "Hi. We are here to get married."
"Names?"
"John Smith, Jane James, Robert Green, and June
Johnson."
"Who wants to marry whom?"
"We all want to marry each other."
"But there are four of you!"
"That's right. You see, we're all bisexual. I love
Jane and Robert,
Jane loves me and June, June loves Robert and
Jane, and Robert loves
June and me. All of us getting married together is
the only way that
we can express our sexual preferences in a marital
relationship."
"But we've only been granting licenses to gay and
lesbian couples."
"So you're discriminating against bisexuals!"
"No, it's just that, well, the traditional idea of
marriage is that
it's just for couples."
"Since when are you standing on tradition?"
"Well, I mean, you have to draw the line somewhere."
"Who says? There's no logical reason to limit
marriage to couples. The
more the better. Besides, we demand our rights!
The mayor says the
constitution guarantees equal protection under the law. Give us a
marriage license!"
"All right, all right.
"Next."
"Hello, I'd like a marriage license."
"In what names?"
"David Deets."
"And the other man?"
"That's all. I want to marry myself."
"Marry yourself? What do you mean?"
"Well, my psychiatrist says I have a dual
personality, so I want to
marry the two together. Maybe I can file a joint
income-tax return."
"That does it! I quit!! You people are making a
mockery of this institution and confusing this whole thing!!"

unknown

eDJ

--------------------
I don't give a shit...I don't take any shit. I'm not in the shit business.

Posts: 131 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 26, 2004 03:20      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eDJ, where do you get this stuff???
I'm totally for priest getting married because one of the priests at my church is always saying that he wanted to have a wife and be married, but he was called to be a priest. He is a terrific priest, and I'm glad he's our priest, but I feel sorry for him, too, because he doesn't have that choice to get married. Poor guy.
I resolve to dating guys that are in or around my same age, give about five years, take about two. Way older guys are way too much hassle. [Razz]

--What a time, indeed, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Democritus the Minor
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2620

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 14:53      Profile for Democritus the Minor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And I could have seen The Passion again tonight, but NOOoooOOOOoo!
Heh... funny that you bring that up... my first date with my now girlfriend WAS the Passion... she looked at me before the movie started and said (quietly),"If they're on the crosses and I start singing 'look on the bright side of life,' hit me."
hahahah....horrible, just horribhahahahahah!!
[hearts] She's so CYNICAL!!! [Happytears]

--------------------
We are 1447. We are better than 1337.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago 'Burbs | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 00:39      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Democritus the Minor:
quote:
And I could have seen The Passion again tonight, but NOOoooOOOOoo!
Heh... funny that you bring that up... my first date with my now girlfriend WAS the Passion... she looked at me before the movie started and said (quietly),"If they're on the crosses and I start singing 'look on the bright side of life,' hit me."
hahahah....horrible, just horribhahahahahah!!
[hearts] She's so CYNICAL!!! [Happytears]

Speaking of The Passion...

The Rev. Fred Nile, Australias resident bible-nazi, recently succeeded in getting a film de-classified (i.e. banned) because it contained a very violent 9 minute rape scene.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get another film banned, apparently it's 2 hours of some jewish guy being tortured to death....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 10:40      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
The Rev. Fred Nile, Australias resident bible-nazi, recently succeeded in getting a film de-classified (i.e. banned) because it contained a very violent 9 minute rape scene.

What movie was that? I knew about it, but I forgot the name.
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 11:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what! Let's just ban marriage altogether! That solves everything and gets everyone pissed off. It's perfect. [Wink]

I would not marry my brother. I might marry someone with some of my brother's more agreeable traits, but marrying my brother (or sister) would just be...weird.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 11:45      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
I know what! Let's just ban marriage altogether! That solves everything and gets everyone pissed off. It's perfect. [Wink]

There are actually some counties that are doing that. (I heard it on news radio, I'll look up a link in a minute) All current marriage licenses are honored but no new licenses - gay or straight - are being issued until the thing in San Francisco gets cleared up once and for all.

Edit: That was quick. Here's a link to CNN

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 15:00      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First real dates are so much fun... or they could suck horribly and cause you to join a convent. Either way, they're intersting.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
weensicka
Geek
Member # 1436

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 21:12      Profile for weensicka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
[QUOTE]There are actually some counties that are doing that. (I heard it on news radio, I'll look up a link in a minute) All current marriage licenses are honored but no new licenses - gay or straight - are being issued until the thing in San Francisco gets cleared up once and for all.

I heard they were doing the same in some counties in Oregon too, mostly because of red tape and paperwork --but still, very cool. Besides, who in this day and age wants to subscribe to a patriarchal ritual designed by the aristocracy to sell off their children to secure property rights and inheritance?

--------------------
Is there any tea on this spaceship?

Posts: 182 | From: oh, just somewhere random | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2004 06:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by defiant:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

What movie was that? I knew about it, but I forgot the name.
Irréversible
The good news is, it turns out reports of it being banned were somewhat exaggerated. It was withdrawn temporarily while its classification was reviewed, the classification board has now told the bible-nazis to get stuffed, and it's back on show.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2004 14:41      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
merci beaucoup! [thumbsup]
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture