homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » Love!   » All about Love!   » First "Real" Date w/ new boyfriend (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: First "Real" Date w/ new boyfriend
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 23, 2004 02:46      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm off to go on my first "real" date with my new boyfriend! He's freaky like Zorro, but much MUCH tamer. His name is Damien. So far, we've only gone out in groups, but later on today, we're going on our first date alone. I'm excited and curious and nervous all at the same time! [Smile] I feel good! EEEEhhhh! I have no idea what's going to happen, as this is a surprise date. I know we're going to the IHOP later in the date to pick up some transvestite hookers and make new friends. And we're going to show eachother our art work (real pictures, not an induendo) so this is going to be interesting! Yay! Just thought I'd spill my guts to get rid of the pre-date jitters.

--WAH!, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 03:02      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know you said it was not an inuendo, but I could not resist. Is he going to show you his Jackson and Pollux? [Razz]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 08:45      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A first date does not make him a boyfriend. It's a first date, period. Call him a boyfriend after you've had several dates.

Freaky like Zorro, name is Damien, and you're picking up transvestite hookers at IHOP? Uh... that's an interesting evening. It's a stretch, but it's interesting.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 10:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, sounds exciting...don't think I've ever quite had such a rip-roaring date before. I think I'm just content to be with Xanthine, and I'll pass on the jolly good fun with transvetites...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 23, 2004 13:12      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to pass on the transvestites too. Tonight I'm going to see Kremlin Chamber Orchestra perform with a guy..a semi date I guess [Smile]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 14:25      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the orchestra going to do with this guy? And what's your semi-date like?
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 14:35      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is going to see an orchestra perform with some guy a date. Are you going with anyone or alone? Cause if you're going alone, that is hardly a date. [Wink]
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 14:40      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mea culpa. I wasn't being very clear.
I am seeing a guy and tonight we are going on a 'date.' We haven't said that its a date, and I've only been seeing him for a week. Thats why I called it a 'semi-date.'
We will be going to an orchestra performance.
I don't know why I brought it up..everyone was talking about first dates so I thought it would be appropriate [ohwell]
I'm pretty nervous about it. [Razz]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 14:47      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
Mea culpa. I wasn't being very clear.
I am seeing a guy and tonight we are going on a 'date.' We haven't said that its a date, and I've only been seeing him for a week. Thats why I called it a 'semi-date.'
We will be going to an orchestra performance.
I don't know why I brought it up..everyone was talking about first dates so I thought it would be appropriate [ohwell]
I'm pretty nervous about it. [Razz]

I would be, too. How are you going to explain either you sitting down all evening, or making sure he walks in front of you? [Wink]

More seriously, good luck, hope it goes well!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 14:50      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] It's Okay. My Senior Citizen Mother who had me when she was 17 met my father when he was trying to sneak into her house to meet her sister and they ended up going out that night and having me in the back of a '67 Impala in the parking lot of a Home depot. [Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes] It's just too bad my dad died so young, of Leprosy too. I mean, the doctors said it was either the Leprosy or the Parkinson's Disease. Luckily I don't have either. [Roll Eyes]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 15:07      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Luckily I don't have either. [Roll Eyes]

You mean, you don't have neither [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9345 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 23, 2004 16:51      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope, that would be a double negative [evil]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2004 18:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alephcat:
nope, that would be a double negative [evil]

Like, really? Dude...that's deep.

--------------------

Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted March 24, 2004 01:21      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like every other thread, this thread has gone straight to outer space!
[crazy] Hehe, our first real date tonight, and I broke up with him! LOL. Turns out he really likes the ladies...even if he's on a date with one already! Jerk. Anyway, it was for the best cuz I want to date someone who's a practicing Catholic. Plus it's not like I had a strong connection with him in the first place. Eh, dating in the new millenium is hard!
And I could have seen The Passion again tonight, but NOOoooOOOOoo!
--Epo!, C.P.

--------------------

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 24, 2004 02:39      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumina Manson:
Anyway, it was for the best cuz I want to date someone who's a practicing Catholic.

Why not date some one who already knows how to be a catholic and does not need to practice any more [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 02:48      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Anyway, it was for the best cuz I want to date someone who's a practicing Catholic.

Why not date some one who already knows how to be a catholic and does not need to practice any more [Big Grin] [Razz]
'cause they're all priests, and therefore aren't allowed to date anymore [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 05:05      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:
quote:

'cause they're all priests, and therefore aren't allowed to date anymore [Razz] [Wink]
And they're only interested in little boys. [evil]
Posts: 5855 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 09:05      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh That's just wrong! [shake head]
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 09:10      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh That's just wrong! [shake head]
But SOOO true.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 16:54      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, funny how I posted something about how Lumina's friend who was thinking of becoming a priest would probably think she was a bit old for him, and it totally went over her head (from memory).

/me doesn't think forced celibacy is a good idea. Neither did Paul in the New Testament. Perhaps if they dropped the celibacy requirement for priests, some of these problems might disappear.

Edit: dropping the celibacy requirement meaning allowing priests to marry.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2004 17:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Edit: dropping the celibacy requirement meaning allowing priests to marry.

Of course, some of them would be more interested in marrying other priests, not that there's anything wrong with that.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 25, 2004 01:23      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that, csk! [Razz]
I don't want to date a priest, just someone who is as into my religion as I am. And I am for priests marrying women, that'll bring more priests to the seminary. It's a good thing I think. [Big Grin]
I told my friend that I broke up with my b.f. and he said, "So, should we start taking numbers?" [Roll Eyes] It's not the first time I've heard a smart-ass comment like that!

--It's not!, C.P.

--------------------

MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 25, 2004 07:58      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But does anyone know the original RIDICULOUS reason priests were forbidden to marry in the first place? Priests at first had families and owned land, so the church decided, in an effort to expand its power and wealth, to require that priests not marry so that the land could be given to the church when the priest died and not passed on as inheritance. Thats partly what enabled the church to gain power and influence so quickly.
I hope I'm not 'preaching to the choir' here. Haha! Just kidding [Smile] [Big Grin] [crazy]

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2004 15:59      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And I am for priests marrying women, that'll bring more priests to the seminary.

I'd say so. IIRC, the Catholic church is struggling to get enough priests these days. On the other hand, as an anecdotal example, Moore College in Sydney (Anglican theological college) is having record numbers of students, to the point where they almost have too many people. A lot of them are single, too. But I bet that they're considering marriage if it becomes possible. Apart from which the single colleges are residential, so quite often the male and female theological students get together while living there (Yes, I lived there as a boarder, and met my wife while she was living as a boarder in the female version).

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2004 19:13      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Religous extremeists are at the highest since the first round of crusades.

And Fundamentalists in office is at an all time high!

<Jasper>
What a time to be alive...
</Jasper>

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture