homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Tax cuts for the rich vs tax cuts for the middle class (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Tax cuts for the rich vs tax cuts for the middle class
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2011 13:59      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
DoctorWho wrote:
your precious Democrats

Go back and re-read what I wrote. At no point have I said anything about the Democrats other than that they introduced these bills. That is a statement of fact and it's easily verifiable.

I have not said one thing to suggest that the Democrats aren't as corrupt as the Republicans and I would very much appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth. This sort of behavior is why discussions like this turn into flame wars so often.

Very well then. Please accept my apologies for jumping to conclusions about your political affiliations.

Please substitute the word "the" where I said your precious

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2011 06:04      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting article at the Daily Beast.

The Big Lie

--------------------
If it don't glow it ain't Ham Radio

Posts: 5457 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2011 09:21      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an interesting article, but I think the author has too much optimism about Occupy Wall Street's chances of success.

OWS has gained publicity and perhaps increased people's awareness, but the movement doesn't have a coherent voice. What they really need a Martin Luther King Jr. who can provide that so that they can rally people who don't have an obvious reason to support the protests.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6362 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2011 11:09      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with you about OWS. However they did wake some people up.

The real problem is the huge amounts of money that gets put into the pockets of Congress Persons. That coupled with changes to PACs about having to report where the money came from.

Banking and Finance Laws have been changed to screw the individual and protect the banking institution.

--------------------

Posts: 5457 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2012 05:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello folks, I came across this during my morning reading.

The Atlantic

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.