homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » The War of 2010

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The War of 2010
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2010 15:37      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is!

Here it is! True Fact!

So far, in 2010, The Englishters and Canadians have damaged the USA more than the War of 1812!

True! True! True!

On the New Orleans front and the Greatest Lakes in the World front!

It is very, very bad here in Kalamazoo. Bad. Bad. Bad.

My house? My place in the country? My WELL!

Benzine city now! Worthless. Worthless. Worthless. Sue! Sue! Sue!

Aqua_Fur gone! Bye Bye!

Never forget! Ever! Rivers have two coasts! All the landowners. All the fish. All the wells.

Have stock in Enbridge? Bye Bye!

The Ottawa Marsh? Home to 100,000 fly bye night Geese and Swans and Ducks in the Fall? Bye Bye!

And Lake Michigan? Bye Bye!

Hey Mister MoMan! We can kill those china carp now!

USA LAWS, EH? NOT FOR CANADIANS!

What do you think?

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2010 18:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Geek 2U:
So far, in 2010, The Englishters and Canadians have damaged the USA more than the War of 1812!

Revenge is a dish best served cold. [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2010 18:48      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mr. Druid!

How are you today? I hope you and the Druidellettes are fine!

I will say this. No offence!

Australianders gave us Rupert Murdoch! Mel Gibson!. Croc-O-Dial Dundee!

Please! Please! Please!

Have Mercy!

And have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2010 19:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Geek 2U:
Australianders gave us Rupert Murdoch! Mel Gibson!. Croc-O-Dial Dundee!

Please! Please! Please!

Have Mercy!

We'll have to plead guilty to Murdoch and Dundee, but Gibson's a septic.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 03:55      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Mr. Geek 2U /Skippy, You left out some.

Olivia Newton John

Nicole Kidman

____ Me thinks there are more, kid of like cockroaches.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 07:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget

Russel Crowe (actor, singer, bare-knuckles fighter)
Rachel Hunter (model/TV presenter)
Lucy Lawless (actress - Xena)
Sam Neill (actor)
Anna Paquin (actress - Trueblood)
Peter Jackson (director - LOTR)
Ernest Rutherford (scientist)
Richard Pearce (aviator - flew 9 months before the Wright Brothers)
Edmund Hillary (mountaineer)
Dame Kiri Te Kanawa (opera singer)

I could go on and on...

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 07:36      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Nope you can't sneak a Kiwi in there. He may have flown before the wrights, but not in Oz.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 07:44      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Nope you can't sneak a Kiwi in there. He may have flown before the wrights, but not in Oz.

Well spotted Bruce.

All but one of the people on that list are successful New Zealanders, so, by long-standing Australian tradition, they're deemed to be aussies.

Anna Paquin is a successful Canadian, claimed by New Zealand to be a kiwi, and therefor deemed to an aussie.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 07:48      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Thats like saying that Hindu people are Buddist.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 07:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
____ Thats like saying that Hindu people are Buddist.

If they're successful, and they've ever been to the Southern Hemisphere, they're aussies, no matter what religion they are.

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 08:10      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ I didn't know Nelson Mandela was aussie.

____ How late is it at Casa Druid.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 09:52      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget this guy

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 10:12      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Don't forget this guy

But... I want to forget... so bad!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 15:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, we're especially proud of this guy

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 20:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

Well spotted Bruce.

All but one of the people on that list are successful New Zealanders, so, by long-standing Australian tradition, they're deemed to be aussies.

Anna Paquin is a successful Canadian, claimed by New Zealand to be a kiwi, and therefor deemed to an aussie.

So why don't y'all just invade and make it official then?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2010 21:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
So why don't y'all just invade and make it official then?

<not-a-word-of-a-lie>
You might think those ads were just some geek playing around with iMovie, but they were prepared by professional advertising agencies, at the request of an Australian Government agency, and broadcast on the Government-owned TV network.

The Australian Constitution contains this list of states...
quote:
From The Australian COnstitution:
New South Wales, New Zealand, Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, and South Australia

</not-a-word-of-a-lie>

So we'd only be reclaiming what's rightfully ours, right?

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 00:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure. And acquiring another day off. Though my favorite was the one that gave the percentages. I about shit myself every time I watch it.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 00:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sure. And acquiring another day off. Though my favorite was the one that gave the percentages. I about shit myself every time I watch it.

Did they run the "100% Pure New Zealand" Tourism ads in Merkinistan?

The invasion ad is a very close parody of the real thing.

Personally, I'm not keen to go to war with these guys

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 11:23      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD -- in your Honour Roll, you neglected to mention Barry Humphries... and Rolf Harris. This is unforgivable.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 13:31      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

Did they run the "100% Pure New Zealand" Tourism ads in Merkinistan?

Wouldn't know. Don't have television.

As for the haka...it's intimidating enough on video and I'm told it's even scarier when you're on the field, watching it happen. Do. Not. Fsck. With. Maoris. [Eek!]

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2010 16:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD I believe I have seen them on late night, Satallite (damn bird in the sky). just before the Pure Michigan ads.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2010 06:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw - in the good old aussie tradition of 'a fair go' we gave the kiwis a chance to get even

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2010 11:04      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFSMPL!!!

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2010 17:59      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
____ TFD I believe I have seen them on late night, Satallite (damn bird in the sky). just before the Pure Michigan ads.

Hello Mr. Mo Man!

Yes Indeedy you are right. And funny and sad you wrote about Pure Michigan.

Here is my college friend, Buzz Lightyear, talking about Pure Michigan Wate:r

SCROLL DOWN A BIT AND SEE THE POTENTIAL OF WATER

Only now because of those Canada-Landers the water is pure no mo no mo no mo no mo! Hit the road Jack and don't you come back!

Just like they say you know.

What goes around comes around! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture