homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » This came in an E-mail

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This came in an E-mail
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2009 05:44      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This came in an E-mail, No I did not vet it, but maybe someone from Down Under can fill us in.

The Rambo Granny of Melbourne , Australia
Gun-toting granny Ava Estelle, 81, was so ticked-off when two thugs raped her 18-year-old granddaughter that she tracked the unsuspecting ex-cons down - - and shot off their testicles!!!!
The old lady spent a week hunting those men down -- and when she found them, she took revenge on them in her own special way, said Melbourne police investigator Evan Delp. Then she took a taxi to the nearest police station, laid the gun on the sergeant's desk and told him as calm as could be:
'Those bastards will never rape anybody again, by God.'
Cops say convicted rapist and robber Davis Furth , 33, lost both his penis and his testicles when outraged Ava opened fire with a 9-mm pistol in the hotel room where he and former prison cell mate Stanley Thomas, 29, were holed up.

The wrinkled avenger also blew Thomas' testicles to kingdom come, but doctors managed to save his mangled penis, police said. The one guy, Thomas, didn't lose his manhood, but the doctor I talked to said he won't be using it the way he used to, Detective Delp told reporters. Both men are still in pretty bad shape, but I think they're just happy to be alive after what they've been through.
The Rambo Granny swung into action August 21 after her granddaughter Debbie was carjacked and raped in broad daylight by two knife-wielding creeps in a section of town bordering on skid row. 'When I saw the look on my Debbie's face that night in the hospital, I decided I was going to go out and get those bastards myself 'cause I figured the Law would go easy on them,' recalled the retired library worker. 'And I wasn't scared of them, either-- because I've got me a gun and I've been shooting' all my life.. And I wasn't dumb enough to turn it in when the law changed about owning one'

So, using a police artist's sketch of the suspects and Debbie's description of the sickos', tough-as-nails Ava spent seven days prowling the wino-infested neighborhood where the crime took place till she spotted the ill fated rapists entering their flophouse hotel. I knew it was them the minute I saw 'em, but I shot a picture of 'em anyway and took it back to Debbie and she said sure as hell, it was them, the oldster recalled. So I went back to that hotel and found the ir room and knocked on the door and the minute the big one, opened the door, I shot 'em right square between the legs, right where it would really hurt 'em most, you know. Then I went in and shot the other one as he backed up pleading to me to spare him. Then I went down to the police station and turned myself in. Now, baffled lawmen are trying to figure out exactly how to deal with the vigilante granny. What she did was wrong, and she broke the law, but it is difficult to throw an 81-year-old woman in prison, Det. Delp said, especially when 3 million people in the city want to nominate her for Mayor..

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2009 06:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fictional.

For a start, it's unlikely an 81 year old aussie granny would have access to a 9mm pistol, we have sane gun laws here.

The quotes are clearly written by a filthy furriner with no idea of how aussies talk, sounds more like backwoods Appalachia than Melbourne.

I live within walking distance of the place it allegedly happened, and have never heard of it, but I could have been drunk that year.

The cop's reaction doesn't ring true, this is 21st Century Melbourne, not 19th Century Deadwood. It sounds more like an American redneck's wet-dream than an aussie police statement.

But the real clincher is... you'd need more than a 9mm pistol to shoot an aussie male's family jewels off. [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2009 06:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not the tone one would find in a newspaperarticle, and if someone was writting a friend , why woudl they try to write it like a newspaper article?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2009 10:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ I should have vetted the topic, but got lazy, you both made good points.

No two drunks in a bar.........

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2009 19:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw - when googling for that story, I noticed it's often accompanied by a bunch of statistics allegedly showing violent crime soaring in oz since we tightened our gun control laws several years ago.

Those statistics are just as bogus as the 'Granbo' story.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2009 04:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________ You guys are all a bunch of left wing cool-aid drinkers, and don't believe the facts when you read them.

Opps- PLEASE DON'T BAN ME

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2009 04:31      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
_______________ You guys are all a bunch of left wing cool-aid drinkers, and don't believe the facts when you read them.

Opps- PLEASE DON'T BAN ME

You made me crack up, MoMan! Too funny! [Applause]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2009 08:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
________________ SOMEBODY has to keep the flame wars going.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2009 17:17      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no no, please no, [Razz]
No flames.
I'm happy that the political earbashing has gone away with a certain poster atm [Smile]

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2009 21:14      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2009 11:02      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:sigh: I had to reset my open-the-awesome-bottle-of-wine counter for this? [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture