homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Refreshing Photo: Obama & The Troops (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Refreshing Photo: Obama & The Troops
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 04:12      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't see it, do you?

You bully quite a bit.

We disagree.

Good bye to you.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 16:58      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
Just to tell you, a couple of years ago, she came to Ottawa and made a quick step on the Quebec side. One guy (I don't remember his name) asked for a photo, and she accepted. But as he was tall and she is getting shorter, he hunched a bit and somehow found it was more natural for him to embrace her the same way Michelle did. Of course that was a protocol breach too - but the comments were that it was her best photo of all her visit: the Queen was smiling more naturally than any other shot.

So the Queen is not as strict as her subjects may like? Good for her; she have served them for long enough - we can give her a little slack. (My opinion, of course.)

This was an interesting topic, so I'm going to get away from CP's little deviation into making up crap once again.

Having really enjoyed The Queen, I have to wonder if, as depicted in the movie, she is someone who observes protocol mostly because it's expected of her, and not because she particularly likes it. Obviously, the movie probably deviates from her in a lot of ways, but it would explain why she didn't seem to be bothered by Michelle Obama's minor breach in the stuff I've seen about it, and might actually enjoy the occasional lapse.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture