homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » My vote is for Paris! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: My vote is for Paris!
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2008 21:36      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love her guys...haha!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4178033806

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2008 21:45      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 05, 2008 21:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2008 22:08      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was pretty funny, though I'm far from "loving her." However, I can say that I find her less annoying now that she seems to no longer be in the in the news on a daily basis.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2008 02:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, McCain's just been made to look dumb by...

...Paris Hilton.

I wouldn't have thought it possible.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 14 posted August 06, 2008 06:52      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] indeed.
Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2008 07:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is how politicians should react when their opponents start flinging mud.

Go Paris go!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 06, 2008 12:19      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McCain got pwned by Paris Hilton? That just goes to show how much of an idiot he is. I'm with Steen. If more politicians would react like this it would be better all round. Personally I think mud flinging should result in a hefty fine to discourage it. I don't care what one candidate thinks of the other one, I want to know what that candidate would do if he won. Flinging mud just makes me not want to vote for him no matter what his politics are.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted August 06, 2008 16:48      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot, I thought this was going to be about the
family angle. Turns out Hiltons parents are McCain
supporters and donors. Seems they were not amused.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
shentzu
Geek
Member # 2253

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 07, 2008 06:46      Profile for shentzu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i love this whole setup....

first the ad! i mean wow! who was in on the brainstem storming session for that?

"i know, we will make an attack ad that says that our opponent is popular! that will show 'em!"

then the Hilton ad. then the donor thing.....

not to mention the "elitist" angle. i love that!

"so you, a white multimillionaire with seven homes, have a problem with your black south chicago opponent. he is too elitist huh? yeah, i see that."

yet so far the polls put them pretty close, which begs one particular question.....

are we idiots? who are the potential voters these guys are polling?!?

btw, from the same site: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ea0b05d406

--------------------
Set a man by a fire and you keep him warm for a day, but set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 108 | From: here and there | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2008 14:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shentzu:
first the ad! i mean wow! who was in on the brainstem storming session for that?

"i know, we will make an attack ad that says that our opponent is popular! that will show 'em!"

Classic political attack tactics, make your opponents strengths into weaknesses.

If he's popular, turn that against him, he's a "celebrity", and shares all the flaws of every other celebrity (of course, celebrities who endorse your guy have no flaws).

If he's smart, turn that against him. He must be "elitist", even if he was raised on food-stamps, and your guy was an admirals son who got all kinds of special treatment.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2008 15:43      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of curiosity,

Who on these forums is a Mcain supporter? And why?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2008 15:56      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
Out of curiosity,

Who on these forums is a Mcain supporter? And why?

You do realize you have potentially started a flame war?

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2008 16:20      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, Here we go...

Let the flames begin [devil wand]

My work here is done [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 07, 2008 16:33      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some mood music.

--------------------

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 06:26      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________________- stevenback7 -__ Depends, I know I am almost old enough to need them.

If Hillary was the Dems. candidate and ran her I would vote for J. McCain, Lesser of two evils.

I mean a Lawyer that cannot remember how much time she spent on researching a case? Thats how they bill the clients.

Now it appears that we have a man with twenty seven years in Congress saying that a man with three years there is responsible for the oil prices. Huh?

Then the little thing about the Ketting five and now the DHL melt down.

Seems that Barrack has not totally developed his skills at stealing from the populace yet.

He will either bring change or show us some new ways to cheat. It is still CHANGE I still have some jingle in my pocket, that both of them want to get their hands on.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
brainisfried
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3067

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 07:10      Profile for brainisfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People on National Review Online thought Paris' response was funny and well played. I liked it.

Paris is famous for being famous. Obama is famous for being famous. Obama has done... what exactly? Other than making white liberals feel good about themselves?

McCain wasn't my first choice. His McCain-Feingold bill is a violation of the First Amendment. On that and too many other issues he's collaborated with the Democrats to his detriment, the Keating Five scandal being the most notorious example (the other four were Democrats, McCain was arguable recruited to make it "bipartisan"). But he's a budget hawk, which fixes W's most glaring flaw, and he'll make a better Commander-in-Chief than W. He's far better on both counts than postmodernist Obama. You go to vote with the candidates you have, so I'm voting for McCain.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 07:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, if Bush is Batman, and Obama is Paris Hilton, who is McCain?

/me is trying hard to keep the diagram of 'The Collective' up-to-date.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 08:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Famous Druid wrote:
So, if Bush is Batman, and Obama is Paris Hilton, who is McCain?

Alfred, obviously. He's the only decrepit, ready-for-retirement character in the series.

shentzu
Geek
Member # 2253

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 10:40      Profile for shentzu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brainisfried:
But he's a budget hawk, which fixes W's most glaring flaw, and he'll make a better Commander-in-Chief than W. He's far better on both counts than.....

*snort*

you can see past the glare to pick out particular flaws?

and a better commander in chief?!? setting the bar pretty low there, huh?

i mean when you have to dig a hole to place the bar.....

--------------------
Set a man by a fire and you keep him warm for a day, but set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 108 | From: here and there | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 16:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brainisfried wrote:
Paris is famous for being famous. Obama is famous for being famous. Obama has done... what exactly? Other than making white liberals feel good about themselves?

Seven years in his state senate and two years as a U.S. Senator equate to nothing more than making white liberals feel good about themselves in your opinion?

...and you'd rather support someone who, by your own admission, has been involved in scandals and has no problem with violating your first amendment rights.

Umm... yeah. *adds your name to a list of people to not bother talking about politics with*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 17:48      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I watched part of one of the GOP primary debates. McCain was the ONLY one who openly classed torture as Not Okay. The rest were trying to justify it and tell McCain why he was wrong. It was sickening. Since when did the okayness of torture become a topic for debate??

Looks like a good chunk of the GOP felt the same way I did. I'm not voting for McCain, but I was actually relieved that he got the nomination and not one of his pro-torture opponents. Seriously. Come on. What kind of moral trajectory is the US on, when torture is a topic of national debate?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 08, 2008 22:31      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my dad showed me this.
"ooh Maui, loves it"
he now want's a T-shirt that says "See you at the debates, B****s"

Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2008 13:08      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ Where I worked we had people of all political strips, the first E-mail was from a form Marine pilot from the Vietnam Era. The second from a grunt on the ground. These two make Paris sound good, at least she will not have prior experience helping her make the wrong choices, maybe we should write her in???

Why I'm Voting Democrat This Year.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe the
government will do a better job of spending
the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because freedom of
speech is fine as long it doesn't offend
anyone.

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull
out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop
what they're doing because they now think
we're good people.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that
people who can't tell us if it will rain on
Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps
will melt away in ten years if I don't start
driving a Prius.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm not
concerned about the slaughter of millions
of babies so long as we keep all death row
inmates alive.

businesses should not be allowed to make
profits for themselves. They need to break
even and give the rest away to the
government for redistribution as THEY see
fit.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe three
or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to
rewrite the Constitution every few days to
suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER
get their agendas past the voters.

if we no longer have the right to bear arms
that all crime will stop because bad people
will never be able to have a gun.

I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact
that I can now marry whatever I want. I've
decided to marry my horse.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil
companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas
are obscene but the government taxing the
same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

Makes you wonder why anyone would EVER
vote Republican, now doesn't it?

This doesn't really merit a response, of course, but just one point of fact: beginning with Reagan--the most over-rated president in history, but the best "acted" president since Hoover--politicians who are conservatives have actually been profligate spenders of our money. One of the few things I always liked about Republicans was that they were fiscally conservative (get it? conservatives being conservative). By any standard of objective observation, they have been anything but fiscally conservative for the last 28 years. And, of course, that goes for the Democrats/liberals, too.
OK, one more point: conservatives (see Barry Goldwater or Wm. F. Buckley) are supposed to believe that government is limited, that it strictly observes the law, and that it stays out of citizen's private lives. They have been at least as bad at those things as liberals have for a long time, and George Bush has treated our constitution like toilet paper, and get this... all in the cause of "security." There's an easy test: if you think being religious or evangelical (and I am both) has ANYTHING to do with being politically conservative or with being a Republican, you're wrong.
Finally, we need government to govern, not "run the country." There's a huge difference... and I'm not saying Republicans are worse at it than Democrats. They both stink so bad they'd gag a maggot.
Vote for whomever you choose. But vote.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 09, 2008 14:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then MoMan, I'll just have to tell you why I'm voting Republican then. [Wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ9Xp0xxU

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture