homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » When Conservative Values Collide

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When Conservative Values Collide
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2008 19:23      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The re-emergence of a fairly newb conservative poster has demonstrated the inherent dishonesty of the conservative movement, and the individuals who espouse its ideology.

With this link I'm posting, we see the conservative values of 1) government snooping, and 2) the lack of desire to actually pay for anything the government does, at obvious and comical odds with each other.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/10/AR2008011001879.html?hpid=topnews

The S.O.B.s apparently not only don't want to pay their bills, they can't!

Big LOLs here.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2008 23:26      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read about this just before sliding over to GC. Hahahaha. Heehee.

What makes me shiver is the damn incompetence. sigh. I dont agree with all the snooping and spying, but gosh n golly if they are going to do it, do it correctly and well. Getting cut-off for non-payment?

I remember watching the keystone cops with my dad on saturday mornings. Never thought I would ever see it play out in real life. hahahaha.

Posts: 766 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2008 04:41      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whilst I am no expert on the "security and intelligence" agencies of the US (or even the UK for that matter) one thing my limited reading and knowledge has brought to light for me is what an apparently uncoordinated and shambolic mess it usually is and that it seems to be run on the whims of apparent "schoolboy" imaginings a lot of the time.

As someone once said of Government in general and these spooks in general "if it comes down to a call on conspiracy vs cock up, you can be 99% certain that cock up is the correct answer" (or words to that effect - I don't recall the exact quote.

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2008 11:24      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever have those moments when you feel like you're living in an absurdist novel or play?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2008 22:36      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Ever have those moments when you feel like you're living in an absurdist novel or play?

There's a reason I switched from wanting to be a psychologist to wanting to be a real scientist: the more I learn about people the less I want to know.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 11, 2008 23:06      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh. After I became an EMT I learned the following things: been in one tract house and you've been in them all (which is a good thing when people are so upset they forget you've never been in their house before), the person who looks like your patient and the person who is your patient aren't necessarily the same, anything that bleeds is the first thing they complain about, even if it's not the most serious injury, the line "I've fallen and I can't get up" is only funny in the movies (and, as corollary, the words "I think I'm gonna ___" MUST be taken seriously), people really do fall ass first into bathtubs and get stuck, and, finally, what happens behind closed doors is better left behind those closed doors (with some specific exceptions that, having seen, you won't forget any time soon).

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 06:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________ HELP I need help.

Please edumacate me I want to know what type of person is a member of these groups:

The John Birtch Society

The KKK

The Moral Majority

The Christian Right

I am confused as to what each stands for and if there are differences.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture