homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 14:42      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andymonk:
The incomplete flower is found all over the ancient world. The oldest and original incomplete flower can be found on several pillars within "the osireon" at abydos in egypt. The osireon(the tomb of osiris)is known to be the oldest building in egypt. To this day,no egyptologists or archeologist can explain why,who or what the flower was put there for. I believe the flower has been delibarately ignored,so world secret societies can keep the flowers secrets hidden [Mad]

You wouldn't happen to have a menagerie all named Eric, would you?

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 16:15      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
andymonk wrote:
To this day,no egyptologists or archeologist can explain why,who or what the flower was put there for.

Oh, that's an easy one. Much like Brittney Spears' first recording contract, "it seemed like a good idea at the time."

I believe the flower has been delibarately ignored,so world secret societies can keep the flowers secrets hidden [Mad]

No, most people ignore it because it's obviously stupid unless you're completely stoned or mentally defective. If a secret society was trying to keep knowledge hidden, you'd see active intervention on their part to take down sites with any information, slander the owners, etc. For more information on this sort of behavior, refer to the Church of Scientology.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 17:43      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andymonk:
The incomplete flower is found all over the ancient world. The oldest and original incomplete flower can be found on several pillars within "the osireon" at abydos in egypt. The osireon(the tomb of osiris)is known to be the oldest building in egypt. To this day,no egyptologists or archeologist can explain why,who or what the flower was put there for. I believe the flower has been delibarately ignored,so world secret societies can keep the flowers secrets hidden [Mad]

</Twilight Zone theme tune>
That's strange, I have asked almost identical questions about the Bush buttplug.

Do you think they could be linked? </Dramatic Chord></mad staring eyes>

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 04:19      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
If a secret society was trying to keep knowledge hidden, you'd see active intervention on their part to take down sites with any information, slander the owners, etc.

Shut up dude, don't tell him the game plan! He's already suspicious of us and our Secret Society for the Suppression of Knowledge of the Magical Mystical Flower of Life and Not Sharing the Really Rockin' Narcotics.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 06:16      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The SSSKMMFLNSRRN???!!! You know you're only supposed to keep reference to that in the superfan only threads!!
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 06:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
The SSSKMMFLNSRRN???!!! You know you're only supposed to keep reference to that in the superfan only threads!!

But taunting the uninitiated with ten-ton hints is half the fun.
/me wonders how long it'll be before he realises this  - is a thinly-disguised Flower Of Life. (as well as a very effective protection against the Orbital Mind Control Ray)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10700 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 17:55      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be of interest. I believe,the symbol on this knights templar tombstone(link1),found in the st magnus cathedral,kirkwall,orkney,scotland(link2),is a representation of the egg of life(sacred geometry,link3),which is found within the first layer of the complete flower of life. Any opinions? [Smile] http://bennerfarms.com/dutch/Crusades/StMagnus.jpg http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/stmagnus/cathedral.jpg http://www.mendhak.com/paranormal/parascience/sacred_geometry_14.jpg
Posts: 29 | From: orkney | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 10, 2007 19:01      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My only opinion is that nobody has been interested for the last two months you've posted this insane babbling, and nobody is going to be interested now.

So why do you keep coming back when we're just going to keep making fun of you?

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2007 01:11      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else noticed that there are certain similarities in the writing style of internet kooks?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2007 05:42      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how so?

proof plz.

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2007 06:26      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
how so?

proof plz.

Sorry BA we don't like to release the details outside the inner circle of us energy vampires of the SSSKMMFLNSRRN. Knowledge is power and all that. [Wink]

--------------------

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2007 06:44      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since when is the writing style of internet kooks secret information of the ssskklewaksirtslwass?
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2007 06:54      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long we've had that information is a secret too.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 16:34      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sacred geometry predates any known religion by thousands of years. I believe,all religions were created by world secret societies,to hide how sacred geometry links the whole of humanity together. Does anyone know which religious figure was supposed to have used this symbol,as an emblem for him and his followers? [Wink] http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dp5/piscis.jpg
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2007 17:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy, don't drink that milk in your fridge, it's gone off.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10700 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 12:49      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now...see...this is the sort of trouble you get into when your friends buy you a big sheet of LSD and a Spirograph for your birthday. [shake head]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 13:42      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's abundantly clear that Andy hasn't arrived at these conclusions through study, or he'd know that there is no evidence Christ used any kind of abstract symbol such as the Ichthus.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 15:30      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now don't quote me here 'cause I might be off line somewhere but I thought I remembered reading long ago that the whole "Fish" thing is a mere weird coincidence of the Hebrew for "Jesus" being horribly similar to the Greek for "Fish" and because of the whole "fisher of men" and "fishes and loaves" symbolism that the early Christians held very dear they took the fish as a "secret" symbol...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 16:43      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Now don't quote me here...

[evil]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 17:02      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Now don't quote me here 'cause I might be off line somewhere but I thought I remembered reading long ago that the whole "Fish" thing is a mere weird coincidence of the Hebrew for "Jesus" being horribly similar to the Greek for "Fish" and because of the whole "fisher of men" and "fishes and loaves" symbolism that the early Christians held very dear they took the fish as a "secret" symbol...

I believe you are correct on the latter part, though how the symbol first started being used isn't known for certain. I don't think the name similarity fits, though, as "icthus" is Greek for "fish," and I believe that Jesus' name in Hebrew sounds roughly like "Yeshua." The Greek version of his name, "Iesus," is closer, but I think the main similarity is just the first letter.

More explanation of the symbol here for those interested. (just history here... no claims of magical drawings)

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2007 18:06      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh Steen

but the "fish" is made out of two simple arcs... and as we all are deeply aware the "fantabulous flower of amazing power(tm)" is composed of a mystically powerful array of simple arcs... just bunged together in a way that joins the mimsy borogroves to the slithy toves in a manner mere lowly non illuminati like us cannot grasp (well without deeper instructions from the "masters" (yours for just $29.99 and if you pay by credit card you get "teh mystic pen" and 27 approved genuine "lucky charms")

Well that or it is just someone gone mental with their compass on a long boring Thursday afternoon "double geog" class...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1938 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 30, 2007 18:14      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike other mandala,the complete ancient flower of life has no design,measurement or straight lines. The complete flower grows organically from the first circle onwards,it draws itself. This is one of the reasons why the flower is called the creation mandala. I forgot to add...... the flower should be contemplated in darkness,only have the computer on,no lights. [Smile]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 21:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're sitting all alone, in the dark, staring at an image on a computer screen...

and it's a bad spirograph drawing.

You are -such- a virgin. [shake head]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2007 04:35      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really Andy, nobody here is interested.

At all.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2007 12:25      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ancient sacred fish bangle euphonium.
Prehistoric metatarsal meditation spiral.
Divine subconscious cauliflower asshat.
Hygenic omnipresent boll-weevil carving.
Mung bean heritage bicycle universe.

....errrr, sorry folks, just trying to communicate with andymonk. [blush] [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture