homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Lets see if I got this right

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lets see if I got this right
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2007 08:33      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All____________________Bush just made a press conference saying how great this new treaty with N. Korea is.

Now my question is "Did Kim benifit from misbehaving and shooting off missles to scare the rest of the world?"

He seems to have gained Oil, Food and Money.

Did I miss anything?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2007 13:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This deal just shows how differently GWB behaves towards 'evil' nations that actually have WMDs. (and don't have any oil)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10702 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2007 13:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a related note....

From Shrubs press conference this AM:

quote:
Q: A lot of our allies in Europe do a lot of business with Iran. So I wonder what your thoughts are about how you further tighten the financial pressure on Iran, in particular, if it also means economic pain for a lot of our allies.

BUSH: It’s an interesting question. One of the problems, not specifically on this issue, just in general, that _ let’s put it this way: Money trumps peace, sometimes.

What a fucking tool.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 03:41      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Vic________________________I believe that is why some countrys sell arms.

"Money trumps peace"

EUCHRE

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5855 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 11:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you call it when country A sells arms to country B then country A invades country B because country B has arms?

Or how 'bout the same country A has more WMD including nukes than all other countries on earth combined. Country A gets its balls in a knot when any other country dare stock pile weapons, nuclear or otherwise. Country A is the only country to have ever used nukes aggressively and routinely goes to war under false pretenses and believes itself to be above international law.

A) Theocracy
B) Hypocrisy
C) Terrorist Nation
D) All of the above

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Reedius
Mini Geek
Member # 7130

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 13:05      Profile for Reedius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the thing is that EUA are very unlikely to kill us all with nukes than for example:north corea, russia, iran,etc
The problems with EUA are:
1-they think they are the best, and they are but they could be nice and think they aren't.
2-they are very very consumists and that leads to us ALL getting kill someday(sooner that you think) because of polution.
3-They should be less greedy and stop going to war all the time.
4-you are very protective of the "american way" but you shouldn't specialy because it has some very bad things.*

*you have some very good things though but that's not an excuse.

I hope nobody gets offended EUA is in some aspects a great country it's just that we(other countrys) think that you have so much power but you can't stop doing the mistakes i said.
And stop buying those extremly poluting cars you have, we in europe have more friendly cars and we live our lives too, FACT:you don't need a 8000cc, 8 cilinders, 400 horsepower car to live, a 1100cc,3 cilinders,65 horsepower car will do just fine.

--------------------
Geek or Nerd?

Posts: 55 | From: aveiro, portugual | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 13:18      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reedius:
Well the thing is that EUA are very unlikely to kill us all with nukes than for example:north corea, russia, iran,etc
The problems with EUA are:
1-they think they are the best, and they are but they could be nice and think they aren't.
2-they are very very consumists and that leads to us ALL getting kill someday(sooner that you think) because of polution.
3-They should be less greedy and stop going to war all the time.
4-you are very protective of the "american way" but you shouldn't specialy because it has some very bad things.*

*you have some very good things though but that's not an excuse.

I hope nobody gets offended EUA is in some aspects a great country it's just that we(other countrys) think that you have so much power but you can't stop doing the mistakes i said.
And stop buying those extremly poluting cars you have, we in europe have more friendly cars and we live our lives too, FACT:you don't need a 8000cc, 8 cilinders, 400 horsepower car to live, a 1100cc,3 cilinders,65 horsepower car will do just fine.

Well how the hell else do you expect them to compensate for their tiny penis?
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 13:40      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drunkennewfiemidget wrote:
Well how the hell else do you expect them to compensate for their tiny penis?

Put on ridiculous amounts of padding, go out on a frozen lake and wave 3' (or longer) sticks around?

Oh, wait...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 17:46      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just the ICBMs. That's all we need. We have lots of big, hot penises and we're ready to screw the world.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture