homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » That is Punishment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That is Punishment?
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 03:39      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A University President embezzeled 3.5 million dollars. see

Her punishment? She is not allowed to leave home for 5 years. If I had that kind of money, I wouldn't want to leave my home with all the cool stuff I would blow the money on. Video games, hot chicks to play the video games with. Man. Of coarse the lady is oldso the money will be wasted, as I like to say; " Youth may be wasted on the young but money is wasted on the old."

Ok there are extenuating circumstances as she took the time and effort to embezzle all that money and then gave it to her univeristy. Sheesh.

EDIT:

Plus, as someone in such a high position, she should have known she could not get away with it as she should have known the students would recieve bills for the loans she took out in the students names.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 03:40      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 06:37      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am very sorry for the conduct that has caused me to plead guilty,"

That definitely has a double meaning.

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
never_ask_why333
Geek
Member # 6340

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 08:04      Profile for never_ask_why333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that nobody gets punished in the right way anymore...

--------------------
I haven't forgotten
and I won't forget
I just haven't gotten
around to it yet

You can call me Eternity :)

The-Tech
Geek
Member # 2506

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2007 08:28      Profile for The-Tech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
A University President embezzeled 3.5 million dollars. see

Her punishment? She is not allowed to leave home for 5 years.

It's actually 1 year of confinement and 5 Years probation ... it would be better if they made her do 1 year as a housekeeper fo a Frat House ... or better yet a dorm full of rodeo clowns [Big Grin]

Dave

--------------------
God not only plays dice with the universe,
he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen
--- Stephen Hawking

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject -- Winston Churchill

Posts: 128 | From: Third Stone from the Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 19:31      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is that institution's recruiting efforts going for their accounting degree?

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture