homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums!

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums!   » All about the comics!   » Anime and all   » bleach

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleach
eng_geek
Newbie Larva
Member # 7810

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 01:04      Profile for eng_geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so i haven't watched any anime in years. not since Dragon Ball ! man, that was a really cool show..
anyway, so i started watching bleach, im in episode 5 right now, which is not a lot.. but lime wire doesn't seem to be taking its job very seriously for the last couple of weeks..

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 01:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of this show but have never seen it. Why in the world is it called Bleach?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3093 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 01:13      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleach = Amazing! Keep watching, it only gets better! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 02:14      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! BLEACH!!!!

Bleach is... I am without words to describe it... Wait I think I have one:

Bleach is the wickedultracoolnessdelux TO THE MAX!

If you want to get into some serious Bleach watching try these sites out:

CrunchyRoll
This site lets you stream the movie. They've got all of the bleach episodes all the way up to the most recent 126. With a subscription you can stream the High Quality version or you can download the .avi

realityLAPSE[.com]
Here you can download for free. But it is REALLY worth paying the $5 for the monthly subscription for the speedpass. All of the downloads are extremely high quality and are about 70mb.

Both of these sites are amazing. Another good one you might like would be Death Note.

NOTE: If you do decide to download these, you might want to google FreeDownload Manager. It plugs into Firefox and IE.

Nosferatu
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2007 13:45      Profile for Nosferatu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleach is pretty good, but not one of my favorites. Have you read any of the manga at all? I actually prefer it to the anime because it doesn't bother with filler.

And I believe it's called Bleach because of the color of Ichigo's hair - it being "strawberry" and all that. Not a common hair color in Japan. It looks like he bleached it.

Posts: 1 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2007 15:02      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never watched bleach myself but hear that it is pretty good - I have restricted myself to watching just one anime which is naruto. It is said that bleach is just more violent then naruto.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2007 07:33      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleach ROX! I get the weekly fan subbed version! been hooked on it for two years now! I have been buying the Licensed dubbed versions too

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1151 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
kinnikumask
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2007 13:46      Profile for kinnikumask     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bleach is my #2 on-going anime series, im on ep 112 but can't find a fansub of the movie
Posts: 1 | From: quincy | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
wittylikeacid
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 17:20      Profile for wittylikeacid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleach makes me giddy somewhere inside. [Big Grin]

i love Urahara.

Posts: 16 | From: maryland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 11:36      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What great timing. My 12-year-old son is asking me if he can watch bleach. I have only watched one episode so far and I am on the fence about it. I am going to look at those sites so I can watch some other shows to make a determination. In the mean time, your opinions as to the appropriateness of the show for his age would be appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 11:41      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
What great timing. My 12-year-old son is asking me if he can watch bleach. I have only watched one episode so far and I am on the fence about it. I am going to look at those sites so I can watch some other shows to make a determination. In the mean time, your opinions as to the appropriateness of the show for his age would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've only watched fansubs, so I can't speak for any possible censoring on the US broadcasts, though I can't imagine there'd be too much changed. I'd say it should be fine for a 12 year old. It's fairly action-orientated, and there is blood, but I wouldn't say there's anything gratuitous.

On the other hand, I think my parents had let me watch all 4 Alien films by the time I was 12, so I may have a slightly warped perspective as to what most people would consider ok for that age...

Posts: 15 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 14:27      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crawgator - I personally don't watch bleach but from what i've heard it is a more mature and bloodier version of naruto. I don't know if Naruto might be a better option for your son. But again in naruto there is the occasional "damn" every 10 episodes or so. There is some death and blood and there is some episodes making woman look like "things" which are there for mens enjoyment. But again your son is 12 so by now he probably has been exposed to more things.

If he has ever swore before and he has watched several pg-13 movies with blood then naruto would be something which you should let him be able to watch. Again i dunno about bleach since i've never watched it but I'm just giving u another option to look at.

I don't know if they censored anything in the US versions for both shows - but from seeing a couple us episodes i don't believe they have.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 14:50      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have just recently let him start watching Naruto after I watched quite a few of them. I probably should have mentioned it. He doesn't curse at least not in our presence. I think he would have slipped by now if he would do it. What started this is some of his friends are allowed to watch it and are telling him about it. While I don't want to be a prude, I also don't want to just let him go hog wild.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2007 22:11      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleach is safe... there is blood, violence and innuendo... no real nudity if any at all (3 instances of implied nudity). Very plot centered and well done overall...

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1151 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nollaig
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9135

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2007 05:15      Profile for Nollaig   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen it, but theres like a couple hundred episodes or something isn't there???

--------------------
Perceptible triangles come and go, but the true form of the triangle is immutable and enternal.

Posts: 14 | From: My happy place. (Ireland) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2007 19:42      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Latest ep was 132.
Good anime. Great manga.

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2018 Geek Culture