homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » Anime and all   » Death Note: Anime vs. Manga

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death Note: Anime vs. Manga
Aoi Suiren
Newbie Larva
Member # 7219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 23:46      Profile for Aoi Suiren   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So a few weeks ago I finished reading the Death Note manga... I was sorely disappointed by the ending-
I mean like the very last few pages....
It would have been a lot better to have someone else pick the note up or something...

Well, now the Anime is being produced.

I personally liked it.

What does everyone else think about: The manga's ending, the anime vs. manga, and death note in general.

(I think that the anime should alter the ending to make it better)

Posts: 8 | From: L.A. California | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
JulioC
Geek
Member # 4370

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 19:35      Profile for JulioC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, i havent watched the anime, but Im almost done reading the entire manga... is the anime following the story, or does it follow Trigun and FMA and has its own continuity?

--------------------
www.jcmrpgart.blogspot.com
612toApocalypse

Posts: 182 | From: Brazil | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 05:07      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't finished Death Note... I read a few chapters in Shonen Jump an eon ago. It didn't seem to be my cup of tea. I like FMA anime up to the end, but don't like the ending even after seeing the movie. I started the Manga, but have too much going on to get caught up on it.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aoi Suiren
Newbie Larva
Member # 7219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 20, 2007 03:05      Profile for Aoi Suiren   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JulioC:
Hmm, i havent watched the anime, but Im almost done reading the entire manga... is the anime following the story, or does it follow Trigun and FMA and has its own continuity?

It is following the story so far. The music is very good too. But I am still hoping they opt for a better ending..

quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
I haven't finished Death Note... I read a few chapters in Shonen Jump an eon ago. It didn't seem to be my cup of tea. I like FMA anime up to the end, but don't like the ending even after seeing the movie. I started the Manga, but have too much going on to get caught up on it.

I love FMA series...

Death note though.. it appeals to so many because you can relate to the main characters in a few or many ways.

Posts: 8 | From: L.A. California | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture